Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2014, 01:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default mSR X Upgrades... What's worth it, what's not?

New to the forum and Heli's in general here. I was wondering what upgrades are worth the extra money on the mSR X? Here is what I am considering..

• RKH Swashplate
  • RKH Main Rotor Hub
  • RKH Main Blade grips
  • RKH Carbon Tail Fin
  • MH Solid Carbon Main Shaft/Collar set
  • MH CNC Derlin Main Gear w/ Hub Set

I am mainly after durability. Don't crash too often anymore but am def sick of breaking a ball off the swash or blade grip when I do. Open to suggestions as well. Thanks!
Triggz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2014, 10:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I still run mine all stock except for the longer tail boom.
The parts are pretty cheap, but if I was to upgrade anything it would be the blade grips since those seem to break often, but I haven't broken enough to even add up to what one aluminum set cost.
But remember aluminum parts bend and likely break as well when trying to bend them back.
Old 06-27-2014, 05:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I put the metal blade grips and swash on mine and then proceeded to give it quite a beating. It is holding up well and I still fly it from time to time. I went through a ton of stock blade grips and should have got the metal one earlier. I also put a stock MCPx tail on it as well.
ronj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2014, 10:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the input. I think I'm going to skip the shaft and main gear and take a look at the MCPx tail. All the parts are on sale right now which led me to the upgrades. A RKH swash is a little less than the price of 2 eflite swashplates so I think the investment is worth it in the long run.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Stock fin and stock landing gear for sure. The CF stuff looks nice, but it's very fragile.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Plastic swash is nearly always worth upgrading, regardless of what heli. I have a Rakon on mine and it's lasted years. I've also fitted the Xtreme mSR hub, the stock plastic one wears its guides away fairly quickly. Mine is otherwise stock, like most I've broken a few blade-grip balls in the "wrong" sort of crash but I haven't upgraded to CNC ones.

Stay away from things that are bling or heavy (CNC frames etc) since they'll only weigh it down. Most of the stock parts are tough enough and will keep it lightweight.
Buzzfly BE (aka Walkera 4#3B)
wulfrun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2014, 09:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I decided just to order the RKH swashplate, RKH rotor hub, and MH Blade grips (were sold out of RKH grips online and can only MH locally).

Might check out the MCPx tailboom when I pick up the Blade grips.

Thanks for the input!
Old 07-11-2014, 06:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm into the same situation. Purchased the MH blade grip: http://www.microheli.com/store/produ...roducts_id/996, and rotor hub, both red. Sheer terror to get these parts together. Had to sand my links in order to get them through the guides. And with this blade grip, the screws come in from the bottom!

I will for shure replace the blade grip with the flat one, as soon as the red version is available. On the positive side, I ended up with a very precise heli
Helicrush is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2014, 05:05 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did the "mCP" mod today. Since my mCP now has Xtreme landing skids, I put the original mCP skids on my mSRX, and changed the battery connector. Then had a few drops of oil on the motor. Now I can fly for near six minutes with the stock mCP 200mAh batteries. This is a simple upgrade worthwhile doing!
Old 07-14-2014, 09:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

6 minutes? That's pretty impressive!
Old 02-20-2015, 07:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just installed a KZALASKA o-ring kit. Perhaps the best mod you can do after the free MM mod and certainly the best 5 bucks you can spend on an mSRX in my opinion. It certainly made a noticeable difference. I had become so used to flying my setup with all the "slop", now I practically have to relearn how to fly it.
Jet A-1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in