Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Engines and Mufflers

Engines and Mufflers Having problems or need advice on Engines or Mufflers?

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread helpful?
Very Helpful 7 46.67%
Helpful 4 26.67%
Not so helpful 2 13.33%
No comment 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2012, 01:30 AM   #201 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dude get a clue your doing something wrong. I have 4 of these engines and i can say i never had a problem. Looks like KME took care of you with Parts what up with the bashing? Read the thread no one had your problems.
Is your fuel old or does it have water in it. Nitro collects moisture like a sponge. But your over looking something.

Good Luck
HeliTool is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2012, 02:07 AM   #202 (permalink)
Registered Users

going to try a diff carb this time and maby a diff pipe. not really sure if this is going to help as i truly believe its not a hydra lock issue. but to be honnest im not sure why its doing this.

i have changed my mind and i WILL NOT give in and let this engine kick my @#%

Last edited by crash8384; 05-01-2012 at 08:33 PM..
crash8384 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2012, 05:42 PM   #203 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok. ive discovered the problem. the case is mis machined.

Last edited by crash8384; 05-04-2012 at 09:27 AM..
Old 05-02-2012, 07:16 PM   #204 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anybody heard from Jerome in a while?

I sent in a motor for repair eariler this year and It been like 4 months since Ive had it back....I last spoke to him in February and he was waiting on some pistons to be milled...but thats It, I have left several emails, even with different addresses also PM's on here. but still have yet to get a response. His number is no longer on the KME webpage and im out of options....Anyone have any Ideas on how to get ahold of him?
Old 05-03-2012, 10:22 PM   #205 (permalink)
Registered Users

check this out and tell me im not doing something right.

engine on the left is a running used one, engine on the right is mine that keeps throwing rods. try to see the 1-2mm diff between the tip of the rod journal to the rearward side of the channel cut out for lower rod clearance. its huge. also my rear bearing on the new updated case is shelded and the running engine is not. also the new back plate i was sent will not fit in the engine that throws rods but will fit in the engine that was sent to me today that runs fine.

in other words looking straight down on the old running engine the journal end is flush with the rear of the clearance channel. on the new engine there is a 1-2 mm space from the 2 points. can this cause my problem, another thing, why is my new updated case and bearing have a sheild on it anyways.

please tell me im not crazy here
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-05-03 22.00.47.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	313681   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-05-03 22.01.01.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	313682   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-05-03 22.01.49.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	313683   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-05-03 22.02.02.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	313684  
Old 05-09-2012, 07:00 AM   #206 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default kme rod

I bought a kme 60 5 weeks ago and after two tanks of gas mine chewed up the lower rod bearing and i couldnt find a rod in stock anyware so after some reserch i found out they dont make engines anymore they stopped them i did get there no. And they did send me one but crap i bought the engine and pipe i have 450 dallors in this and may not be able to get parts so far this rods been fine at 6 tanks of fuel
Skyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 07:05 AM   #207 (permalink)
Registered Users

just be patient, the new owners will have there site up and running shortly

www.heliproz.com has parts in stock. just about everything you might need but the con rods
Old 05-11-2012, 07:37 AM   #208 (permalink)
Registered Users

Crash8354 i pm u
Skyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2012, 01:34 PM   #209 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok guys I am getting frustrated. This is not my first nitro and I am not the only one with one at my field. for the life of me i can not get this engine running right. It is broke in but never saw the power you guys talk about. The engine quit on me once. Rob cherry I don't know how you have that thing running at those needle settings. I tried them and I could not get the thing started way to rich. My needles are now all over the place some one please help nobody knows just what to do. It is in a V50 and the temp out side is 70 elevation is about 600 if that helps. My radieo settings are the same as I had with my os50 and I'm using dx8 with telemetry for temps on the head. Anything ideas will be a help with the needle settings
aww618 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2012, 03:05 PM   #210 (permalink)
Registered Users

I need help! I can not get this engine to run right. I had it running enough to brake it in but never got the power you guys talk about. The engine quit on me once.

Rob cherry I tries your settings and I don't know how you got it to run. It is so rich I can not get it started. My needles are now all over the place.

When it was running ok I had idle just over 1/4 out and main about 1.5 head temps only to 135 using dx8 telemetry. Every click with the main needle seemed to lean it out but no real temp change. And my multi gov could not keep up. Like I said the engine quit on me once. I am at a loss. Not my first engine. Not to say I know exactly how to tune perfectly but my os50 always ran flawlessly. Other guys here dont seem to know what to do either. Tried opening the idle like rob cherry said but I luck. Any help would be great. I'm using radix 620, 2050 head speed on idle up, and 12 pitch on a V50. If this helps it is 70 deg. out and elevation is about 600.

And it is a pain to start I have to feather the throttle to get it going and takes 2-5 tries just to keep it running. Once running seems good except the gov won't keep up when hovering at lower head speed and won't keep up when I do hard clime outs working the engine on the high end. Also with not seeing the power you guys talk about. Again please please help
aww618 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 07:59 AM   #211 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I know my low needle is at .7 turn out from closed, and I think my high is about 1.5

First thing to do is turn your gov. off (rev. limiters also) and keep it off until you get it running good. This motor will smoke a good bit so you may be on the lean side still. If the motor is smoking good and then just stops running for no reason when you are in the air open the HS up about 5 clicks.

I have never been able to get my motor to run good with a gov. so I gave up and just run curves. My motor runs likes to run fast and really likes cold weather.

As you probable noticed temp. guns do not work on this motor so just put your finger on the back plate to see when you are getting too hot.

I hope that helps you out.
Mr.HillBilly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2012, 10:16 PM   #212 (permalink)
Registered Users

would there be a big incress in power from a OS 55 HZ?
joecass2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2014, 10:16 PM   #213 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Anyone still running a KME? Worth the effort? Are parts available?
Spektrum DX8
Inverse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2014, 06:45 PM   #214 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would go with the YS 60SR when I run this engine every one is amazed at the power it has unbogable power. look around you can find it for as cheep as $300.00 brand new
joecass2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2014, 04:00 AM   #215 (permalink)
Registered Users

So is KME totally dead now?

I have a KME 60 that I have not yet used. I got it 2nd hand a while back and just recently started thinking about putting it in an airframe but I'm getting the feeling that it's a dead engine as soon as anything wears out (except bearings). Does it share any parts with current engines?
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.
trillian is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2014, 06:10 AM   #216 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think the kme was sold, dont know who bought it though. I've tried to find some resellers, but was unable to find them. If you need some parts, your best bet is to contact motomanmel, if he has some parts left.

I have just started my motor after 1 year. I had some problems with first start, but after that, it started just like it was new. No complaints here.

About power, there is lots of it. I have never tried hyper 55, but my first motor was hyper 50, and the difference is more than noticable.

ps: i've bought the motor from germany (world-of-heli). You want want to try to contact them about parts.
zosek is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2014, 09:37 AM   #217 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks zosek,

I have a KME .60 with the KME carb that I bought about a year ago cheap 2nd hand and it's in great shape but I'm wondering now whether I should use it or just hang onto it and sell it when someone needs parts.

It would be going into a custom framed Hirobo SDX and would not really flown that much but it needs more power than I'd get from an OS50 Hyper.
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.
trillian is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2015, 01:36 AM   #218 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey,

Just to give you guys an update, if anyone flies this motor.

I was really unhappy with how much power motor was giving out, i've tried many fuels, but nothing seemed to work as i wanted to.

So i tried to make my own mixture. I used 30% nitro, 20% oil and 50% methanol. You would not believe it, how much difference that made. My vibe skyrocketed from the least flown heli to the most one.

Last edited by zosek; 08-27-2015 at 02:48 AM..
zosek is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in