Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2014, 07:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Questions about Ikon and Scorpion 2520-1360

I will be installing this motor soon and have a few questions.

1. Will I be able to run the pinion currently in the machine?

2. Do I have to do anything to the governor? YEP 100 ESC w/ Hobbywing RPM sensor

3. Do I need to make any changes in the IKON?

Just to let you know, I am a new sport flyer. I am not taxing the motor at all with what I am doing. Hovering and basic forward flight maneuvers. Just got the heli 2 weeks ago and was never an Ikon user. Also i never used a governor. So all of this is new to me. Thanks in advance gentlemen.

A
NYLuftwaffe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2014, 10:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes you might have to change some stuff on it. Check Mr. Mel had speed calculator to make sure you have the right Pinyan for your desired speed. With a more powerful motor you will probably have to adjust your governor gains a little bit to get it flying how you want. It shouldn't be too much work and if you have any questions just let us know.
Old 09-13-2014, 10:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

1. If your current motor is the stock Compass one, no... The tooth count would have been okay, but the motor shafts are different diameter.

2. You will need to make some changes on the ESC for the new motor in order to get optimal performance. Governor gain, PWM, etc.

3. Assuming you are not using the IKON governor, you should be good to go with your current setup. If you are, adjustment may be necessary.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeRebel View Post
1. If your current motor is the stock Compass one, no... The tooth count would have been okay, but the motor shafts are different diameter.
No they aren't. The 2520-1360 was designed specifically for the Compass WARP, it has a 4mm shaft.

All other Scorpion motors that would physically fit into this heli (but may not necisarily work) have 3.17mm shafts, but not the 1360.
BaconRaygun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2014, 08:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconRaygun View Post
No they aren't. The 2520-1360 was designed specifically for the Compass WARP, it has a 4mm shaft.

All other Scorpion motors that would physically fit into this heli (but may not necisarily work) have 3.17mm shafts, but not the 1360.
Oops, I stand corrected. Thanks for saving my "bacon" I confused things with my X3 which I run a 460MX which has a 3.5mm shaft compared to the very popular 1880 Scorpion which has a 3.17mm.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I actually have that 1880 Scorpion, but I swapped the shaft out of my 1360 to make it work with the pinions that I have... that's a whole other story though.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep, I've been following your speed warp thread ... Pretty awesome.

NYLuftwaffe, have you the answers you were looking for?
Old 09-22-2014, 10:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeRebel View Post
Yep, I've been following your speed warp thread ... Pretty awesome.

NYLuftwaffe, have you the answers you were looking for?
We got his Warp re-worked and all set up, but being relatively new to RC helis he found it a little too squirrely. The Warp was sold, Anthony got himself a Synergy E5 from one of the factory pilots and I do believe he is enjoying the added stability and visibility. I maidened it for him, that is one smooth helicopter.
Old 09-28-2014, 05:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought the 360
I decided I was going to tear it down and have it mostly apart now. I left the head together since that seems really well done and is nice and smooth. I soaked and cleaned all the screws in alcohol - fun times. I decided to replace the cracked battery tray and some other parts that needed attention. I also made the decision to replace all the cyclics. I don't like having mixed specced servos on cyclic and debated whether just to replace one or two of them but ultimately decided to go with 3 new middle of the road TGY306Gs - they're not hideously expensive and folks on the forum have had some good things to say. I've leave the KST on the tail - they're great servos Been a little too busy to really work on it but have all the electronics set up - just need to build the frame and mount it all.
numbermonkey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2014, 01:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

well, it took literally a month of Sundays but I just hovered it out front and it flies
I have an issue with the Ikon gov that I need to work out but for now I'm using the Yep gov and head speed seems constant. Now I need to find the time to get to the field and really try it out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20141109_010.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	548313   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20141109_009.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	548314  
numbermonkey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2014, 11:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Looks great!!

Find me on Instagram or HF I am no longer on Facebook!!!!! rchelipiloteer Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 GAINZZZ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in