Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 800 Class Helicopters

800 Class Helicopters 800 Class Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2013, 10:40 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Trekker Motor? - 800MX 520KV

Having witnessed one going up in smoke myself i don't think so. Filling is just extremely poor. My rewound one is fine.
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2013, 10:49 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity90 View Post
Having witnessed one going up in smoke myself i don't think so. Filling is just extremely poor. My rewound one is fine.
So you recommend just rewinding it then? I am not experienced with that but I am sure I could find someone I could pay to take care of it.

Spartan Vortex, Scorpion Motors, ExperienceRC Batteries, OMG Servos
FrSky Taranis
DaveHolland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2013, 07:39 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

lets get real about motors going up in smoke, If you do not set the motor up correctly via your ESC it will burn up, this goes for all motors. So you post a smoked 750mx lets see your data logs thats where the proof is, i ask for this all the time and no one has ever posted there data logs for me to look at CASE CLOSED post the data logs and stop the BS that the motors are bad.

Dino
Old 04-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #44 (permalink)

My HF Map location

You guys can understand why Dino is frustrated right? How can he see what happened without the logs?
Old 04-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Trekker Motor? - 800MX 520KV

Lol
Old 04-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino Spadaccini View Post
lets get real about motors going up in smoke, If you do not set the motor up correctly via your ESC it will burn up, this goes for all motors. So you post a smoked 750mx lets see your data logs thats where the proof is, i ask for this all the time and no one has ever posted there data logs for me to look at CASE CLOSED post the data logs and stop the BS that the motors are bad.

Dino
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillJames View Post
You guys can understand why Dino is frustrated right? How can he see what happened without the logs?
I agree with both. At this level you arent plug n play. You need to configure it all correctly and I know for a fact there are people out there that jump up and get say...800...size helis coming from micros who know nothing, even setting up their printer, who just plug it all in and fly away. I got a bad DS655 is in my 700v3 kit, why am I not out raging and complaining about it? Because defective parts happen in the real world.

Spartan Vortex, Scorpion Motors, ExperienceRC Batteries, OMG Servos
FrSky Taranis
DaveHolland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2013, 06:24 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also keep in mind that align has 3 times the amount of motors out in the field as the next company. There's more failures due to in part, the sheer number of motors out there. You will never compare a mass marketed motor to a scorpion, or pyro but the align motors work for the most part and give decent performance. Also your not comparing them to solid core hand wounds either. Do some fail? Absolutely. But most work and for the cost of the kits they offer folks a way to get into bigger birds without spending an arm and a leg. I have a 750mx on my trex 800. It flies ok. Bogs a little but it also gets me 6 min. Of runtime which at my level is just fine. If I went with the scorpion LE 4530-450 it would have more power for sure but at a cost of decreased runtime and a cost of 400.00. So there are trade offs.....but considering all the align motors that are out there from the 450 on up, they get the job done.....just my 2 cents.
hidaven is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in