Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 03:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Throttle and pitch curves

I was wondering what kind of throttle and pitch curves guys with dx7's are using in regular and stunt modes. I tried stunt mode tonight and my sr went crazy lol. Thought I read a while back that 100 80 100 was what guys were using. If so I must have something else wrong cause I pretty much lost control of the bird when I flipped the switch to stunt 1.
motorr24 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2010, 05:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorr24 View Post
I was wondering what kind of throttle and pitch curves guys with dx7's are using in regular and stunt modes. I tried stunt mode tonight and my sr went crazy lol. Thought I read a while back that 100 80 100 was what guys were using. If so I must have something else wrong cause I pretty much lost control of the bird when I flipped the switch to stunt 1.
there are 5 positions in stunt and norlam mode, u got 3 listed there. look for the dx6i settings thread on here. got to run to work but its on here. the setting are god for your sr

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
dannylightning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2010, 06:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Most run a flat throttle curve in stunt mode, be it 80-80 or 100-100(most common). V-curves actually work the esc harder than flat ones. Plus, unless your heli is mechanically the same as theirs, their numbers won't neccessarily work the same on your heli.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thx I'll try a flat curve next.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk
Old 07-27-2010, 07:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

So what's a good starting number, like 75 across?

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk
Old 07-27-2010, 07:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Another thing to keep in mind about the DX7, is that it has separate trims depending on which flight mode you're in. For example, if while in normal mode you adjust the rudder and elevator trim and then switch into stunt 1 mode, the trims will no longer be where you set them at in normal mode. You have to trim out the bird in each flight mode.

I would say a flat 80% would be a good place to start.
johnsma22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2010, 08:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

the best IMO after trying alot of diff set ups is stunt linear pitch curve of 0 50 100, and throttle 100 across. I also fly in normal mode the same pitch, but throttle is 0 50 100.
I talked to a pro ( dude's been flying 3d for years) and he told me the sooner I learn to fly this way the better. He was right. It took a while to getr used to, but now i can feel the difference in pitch when I take her down. Starting off some people use the throttle of 35, or 45 instead of 0. To each his own. Im very happy with my set up I fly this on all my heli's not exact of course

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in