Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System

Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 03:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tx Sytem Setup - Gyro settings

Hey guys,
I have not long finish my trex 550 build and just into hovering. This is my first heli so a lot is still new to me. I am using a Dx7s and the 3gx with sats only.
I set up my tx with the help of Freddys video and in the System Setup i set the Switch Select to all being Inhibited execpt for Gyro to Aux2 ( as per Freddy). Once that setup was complete i then went to the Main Screen function list to Gyro and set the following:
Rate 70
Ch - from Gear to Aux2
Sw - On
The heli seems to flying, sorry hovering, OK and I have just been playing around with the tx and went to the System Setup into Sw Select and found that the Gyro has reset to Inh.
Soooo, back to the Main Screen into Gyro, what should my settings be?
My options are:-
Ch - Gear or Aux2 (remember, if i set to Aux2, the Gyro in System Setup resets to Inh)
Sw - Inhibit, On, FM, or Gyro ( apart from the D/R options)

I,ve just tried a start up with Gyro Ch set to Gear (which doen not reset the Gyro to Inh in the System Setup) and it looked unstable so i reverted back to Aux2.
I guess my real Q is, if the System Setup requires the Gyro to be set at Aux2, what is the reason for this setting if i have to change the Gyro in the main screen to Aux2 which Inhibits the previos mentioned?
Sorry guys but i am just trying to understand everything.
bingy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2012, 05:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the same radio with a 3gx.

System Setup:
Switch Select: Inhibit all six options.

Function List:
Gyro xx.x negative for Rate Mode, positive for Heading Hold

Brad G
> JR XG8

Last edited by bradg; 12-22-2012 at 05:49 PM.. Reason: Edited for clarity
bradg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2012, 07:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks bradg
I just could't figure out why Freddy advised to set it to Aux2.
She is hovering nicely with slow F and turns. I have lost contol of her a couple of times though. She got behind me once and i lost my orientation and she went high and far, but i got her back so i must have things set up OK.
bingy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 05:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

dx7s radio setup for heli defaults channels like this:

1 throttle
2 aileron
3 elevator
4 rudder
5 governor
6 pitch
7 gyro

Your radio should display those channels on the monitor screen in the function list. The 3gx uses the channels like that. In the function list there should be governor listed. 3 settings are selectable with the flap/gyro switch. I don't use the 3gx governor but if you did you can change the values and then watch them change with the switch on the monitor screen.
I think with the heli setup on the radio the only channels we can change are 5 and 7. But no matter what we call them, using the 3gx their destination is governor and gyro gain.
I don't know the heiarchy of channel assignment. If you set a channel or switch to something it can change something else somewhere. I set up a heli model called "switch test" to mess around with.

Brad G
> JR XG8
bradg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in