Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Airplanes Info and Support > Airplane Related

Airplane Related R/C Airplanes Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 01:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Mini Super Cub & UltraFly Mentor Onboard!

Finally a break in the weather! sunny and not windy (until I got to the field that is)

My UF Tutor 32e has been sat in a state of disrepair for over a year now! I finally got the enthusiasim to repair it, after getting the MSC boxing day.

Sorry no vid of it flying but the wife couldnt follow it lol! fly well although a little nose heavy!

Mini Super Cub & UltraFly 32e super fly! (6 min 55 sec)
stukeith is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2011, 02:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

i love my UF tutor, In the last year I've converted it to tail dragger, upgraded the ESC and cooling and reinforced the motor box, it flies brilliantly now, great power for loops

Nice video, funny how when you cut the engine the prop always stops infront of the camera isn't it?
Kington99 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2011, 03:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kington99 View Post
i love my UF tutor, In the last year I've converted it to tail dragger, upgraded the ESC and cooling and reinforced the motor box, it flies brilliantly now, great power for loops

Nice video, funny how when you cut the engine the prop always stops infront of the camera isn't it?
Yea annoying the camera, you dont know until the review either! both times Ive flown the UF i have crashed and smashed the box up. I have made one now from 3mm plywood. and it works good.

The only issue is that the plane seems to want to nose down. Not sure if this is the weight or if the thurst angle is wrong. but some rear stick gets it flying ok. otherwise it flys straight and true, which is not bad seing the damage done to it!
Old 01-20-2011, 06:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by stukeith View Post
Yea annoying the camera, you dont know until the review either! both times Ive flown the UF i have crashed and smashed the box up. I have made one now from 3mm plywood. and it works good.

The only issue is that the plane seems to want to nose down. Not sure if this is the weight or if the thurst angle is wrong. but some rear stick gets it flying ok. otherwise it flys straight and true, which is not bad seing the damage done to it!

my motorbox failed during a power test, be warned if you go to the larger prop they reccomend it takes its toll, it smoked the ESC aswell. What size pack are you using in yours? I had a 3000 which i think is about as big as will fit and the CoG was fine, how does it fly inverted? How does your CoG compare to the specified?
Kington99 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2011, 08:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Im using 2200 - 2800 packs with the std prop.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in