Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Micro/Mini Helicopters > X400 and MX400

X400 and MX400 Ark X400 and HeliMax MX400 Helicopters Information

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2007, 04:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default THE CCPM MODIFICATION THREAD

Well the bird is complete. Wouldn't you know it would be raining outside. I've got the electronics where I want them. Everything is working like it should. I used the helimax full cf frame. I bought it from grandrc for around 40$. I have another frame just in case. I had to use part of the base of the other hde frame for my battery mount, there was no tray on front so I improvised. Also had to grind a bit off the antirotation guide to make this modification work.

I did get in one part of a flight today, its so much quicker its not even funny. I'll see if the flight times are up there tomorrow hopefully.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ccpm_005.jpg (758.6 KB, 145 views)
File Type: jpg ccpm_006.jpg (745.3 KB, 162 views)
File Type: jpg ccpmupgrade_002.jpg (879.0 KB, 104 views)
fedex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2007, 08:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I did get her maiden flight in this morning, This thing is so agile and its a freagon rocket. Very pleased with the modification so far.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

Looks good...
I have a question, where are you putting your battery when you fly?
Underneath?
Or does the eCCPM mod give you enough room to have it angled under front of canopy?
NY Rebel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2007, 06:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

the battery will fit under the canopy, with minor mods to the battery tray you can get a PQ 2600 in there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg latest-mod.jpg (275.2 KB, 155 views)
Gizmo6035 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2007, 12:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mines angled under the canopy, I cut a good portion out on the underside of the canopy though, I probably should give it less angle and the canopy would fit without the underside cut out, extending the tray was a good idea.

I crash tested the frame yesterday, it held up well, not even a scratch. But I did do around 50$ worth of damage. It was way too windy to be flying inverted.

Looks good gizmo. Have you flown it yet?

Bo
Old 02-05-2007, 11:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flew a couple of times in the street in front of the house today, it is much more responsive than before, can't wait to get it out in the open so I can see what it can do with a decent control system.
I am running a TRex canopy, it is a little bit larger than the stock MX and I have modified the pin location on the frame as well as moved the mounting hole aft in the canopy.
All the mods allow a 2100 battery to lay flat on the extended battery tray and still have room for some foam padding in the nose. Now I need to work on getting the electronics arranged neatly to use the space created by the CCPM mod.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

When I crashed mine, no damage to the cf frame. It was a pretty hard hit. When I was inverted a gust of wind came along and pushed it to one side, I started to roll it back over but it was too late. I had some good headspeed going, I think the throttle hold saved it from alot of damage. That has to be the first time I've crashed and had a perfectly good main gear/autorotation gear/spur gear/feathering shaft. Winds went from 5 mph to 15-20 mph. It doesn't respond as well to wind as it used to, when it weighed 50 LBS.

I replaced

feathering shaft
canopy
skids, trex skids for now "pain in the a$$ to mount"
horizonal stabilizer fin
Vertical fin "very little damage to this one"
tail blades
Tail blade Grips
align Tail tube
Align main blade grips
Main Axis
using 325 pros now " my 315mm blades shattered"

Very responsive , and seems like 3 times the speed, and I'm sure my flight times have improved tremendously..
Old 02-06-2007, 06:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

here is a better view of the battery tray and a pic of a sotck MX canopy mounted over it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg batterymount.jpg (197.7 KB, 167 views)
Old 02-06-2007, 08:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Heres my new look after having to replace my first canopy. I'd like to splash some red on the bottom of the canopy to finish it off. I can't paint these things to save my life.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 000_0357.jpg (866.0 KB, 122 views)
Old 02-22-2007, 09:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo6035
here is a better view of the battery tray and a pic of a sotck MX canopy mounted over it
Hope you don't mind Gizmo, but I stole your battery tray idea. The bottom piece acts more like a bumber now. should protect my lipos and heli a little better. Since the second and first major crash Im changing a few more things and getting more anal about eveyrhing. I'm putting an xl canopy on it, seems I'm going to have to cut away a bit where the servo horn hits on the right side, guess I'll do the left too after I get the canopy mounts, and my NEW METAL TREX HEAD It was that or either get the trex s cf kit. I was going to cancel the metal head but they didn't have the rex version I wanted so I stuck with the order. came to almost the same price as the entire trex s cf version heli. Considering I'm having to buy skids, canopy, metal head, canopy mounts, blades, flybar, main mast, and a few other things. I can't see replacing plastic with plastic. Not anymore anyway. I bought the metal trex head from grandrc, its pretty nice 130$, btw I needed every plastic part on the mx400 pro head accept for the metal parts and just a very few plastic parts. So this complete metal trex head should be a huge advantage. Not as scary running those high rpms with the align 430L. I'll upload some pictures when I finish the build. My frame/gears/main axis/tail case/stabilizer fins/skids/ will be the only mx400 parts left.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hope you don't mind Gizmo, but I stole your battery tray idea
No problem, thats why I posted pics so others can use or modify to suit their needs.
It does save batteries and battery trays.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:02 PM   #12 (permalink)

I just wish there was room to do that on a mCCPM bird.. :mrgreen:
NY Rebel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2007, 10:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default redo after my last crash, head is all metal! :)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg new_003.jpg (727.8 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg new_002.jpg (783.6 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg new_001.jpg (748.5 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg newold_001.jpg (830.0 KB, 64 views)
Old 03-05-2007, 09:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah this is what I am Wanting to do as well. ANGLE the Battery. I was thining of Just using some Lite Ply? I can go to "The Source""( AKA Radio Shack") but I figured there would have been enough Fellow Heli Pilots that would have made there Own that i Could just ask and find out a Better way.....So Far So Good.

Regards
Mal
Kushal_22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in