Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > MSH Brain FBL Unit

MSH Brain FBL Unit MSH Brain Support Forum

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi there, did you do the set level?

Try to have your heli as much as possible in hovering position when on the bench and press set level button on panel 9 of the wizard.

When you test in flight take note of where the heli wants to go and, once on the bench, use the sliders to correct the tendency and retest.

Please note than when trimming with sliders in the advanced menu your autolevel function has to be on to see the sliders work.

I know it takes a little of trial and error to find the sweet spot but once is done it'll work fine.

We will release an autotrim function later this year

Corrado
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2012, 12:30 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes I did set level and did wonder if tilting the heli as if in hover was the answer.

By the way, the 'Aileron Angle For Hover' slider in Gov & Stab section only moves the aileron a small amount, but 'Elevator Angle For Hover' moves the Elevator fully up and down.

There must be something wrong, I would expect the Aileron slider to give as much of a range of adjustment as the Elevator slider- which isnt happening. This is the problem. CANT ADJUST AILERON ANGLE.

I sort of understand the way you explained it but these kind of things MUST be set down in a PDF manual or a setup procedure PDF manual. I know that the software is still improving and small issues need to be rectified.

I will repeat that initial flight characteristics are very good, but this AutoStab is the problem.

Forums are good but when a customer pays for something they expect to install it, set it up and then fly. Constantly having to fish around on forums is not the way I want to spend my time. I want to fly with my new BRAIN!!

Many thanks for your reply.

PDF, PDF, PDF, PDF !

(Using- Trex 450 Pro, Optima 9 Rx, Aurora 9 Tx,)
Jamesb463 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2012, 12:51 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think a Wiki page would be better to be honest, let the users write the setup guide.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:21 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have tried seup again and I've noticed 'Aileron Angle For Hover' slider is not working properly.

It seems the Zero datum point is not right.

no matter what I do the Aileron always tilts Left and I cant centre it with the slider.

I have set level and tried all sorts of servo combinations to atleast see if ANY servo will respond to the Aileron Slider.

HELP!!
Old 08-11-2012, 01:22 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

How is Your AutoStab?
Old 08-11-2012, 01:31 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine is fine, works rather well, it wont hold the hover completely still like letting the stick go, I still had to fly it while on autostab but it does its job up righting itself when inverted.

Maybe you can try this, set the heli level, go to the advance setting and click on the 'check mode' box so it will level itself, then go back to the click set level in the basic orientation page. Hopefully the swash will not tilt at that point as you have not moved the heli.
n00b3D
vicrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2012, 01:41 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Aileron slider has very little effect whereas the Elevator slider gives full adjust-pos & Neg.

Does your Aileron slider give as much movement as the Elevator slider?
Old 08-11-2012, 01:43 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesb463 View Post
Yes I did set level and did wonder if tilting the heli as if in hover was the answer.

By the way, the 'Aileron Angle For Hover' slider in Gov & Stab section only moves the aileron a small amount, but 'Elevator Angle For Hover' moves the Elevator fully up and down.

There must be something wrong, I would expect the Aileron slider to give as much of a range of adjustment as the Elevator slider- which isnt happening. This is the problem. CANT ADJUST AILERON ANGLE.

I sort of understand the way you explained it but these kind of things MUST be set down in a PDF manual or a setup procedure PDF manual. I know that the software is still improving and small issues need to be rectified.

I will repeat that initial flight characteristics are very good, but this AutoStab is the problem.

Forums are good but when a customer pays for something they expect to install it, set it up and then fly. Constantly having to fish around on forums is not the way I want to spend my time. I want to fly with my new BRAIN!!

Many thanks for your reply.

PDF, PDF, PDF, PDF !

(Using- Trex 450 Pro, Optima 9 Rx, Aurora 9 Tx,)
I completely agree with you... how long have they been testing this??? Maybe everyone who tested it did not have a single question and new exactly what they were doing?
n00b3D
Old 08-11-2012, 01:55 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesb463 View Post
The Aileron slider has very little effect whereas the Elevator slider gives full adjust-pos & Neg.

Does your Aileron slider give as much movement as the Elevator slider?

I did not have to adjust it as I can compensate for a small drift, kind of like a flybar machine that needed a trim, but not a big deal.
n00b3D
Old 08-11-2012, 02:09 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Aha! so you haven't tried moving both the sliders to see if they give a good amount of pos&neg movement to Ail & Ele?
Old 08-11-2012, 01:12 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Unhappy Ho to switch Setups in DX8 not affecting flight mode ?

Hi Thomas,

yesterday I received the unit here in Germany and now I`ll try to set it up. Everything works now but not the assigning of another channel than 7 for switching the setup:
So here my question:

How to assign the setup to a different switch in the DX8 then my Flightmode on the left side ? I wont change my flightmode AND the Setup of the brain the same time.. makes no sense for me. Using channel 8 doesnt work..even in the DX9 monitor Its moving... brain doesnt recognize. Is that possible ?

Thanks in advance and congrats for this nice unit
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otatiaro View Post
Hello,

DSM2 is using 4 bits for channel number, so in theory that's 16 channels.
But I did dev with a DX8, so couldn't test channels above 8th.

Also note that at the moment only 8 channels are available with SBUS too.

Is using channels < 8 really a problem for you ?

Thomas.
BForest_mike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2012, 02:50 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BForest_mike View Post
How to assign the setup to a different switch in the DX8 then my Flightmode on the left side ?
Go to Switch Select. Set Gov (or Gyro) to AUX2. After that you can choose setup with Gov (or Gyro) switch. If two setups is enough, you can also use Gear switch.
njs77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Thanks.....solved !

Governor to aux 2 solved it - I just got it by myself...sorry for asking so stupid questions .Now Im ready to testthe unit... tomorrow ;-)

Thanks again :-)
Mike
BForest_mike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2012, 09:39 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is there a way to choose the gov rpm sensor input to be something other than the gov input? Pretty annoying to have to make a cable for this.
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2012, 11:03 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheSnap View Post
Is there a way to choose the gov rpm sensor input to be something other than the gov input? Pretty annoying to have to make a cable for this.
Its not that bad, sucks if you dont have a spare sat cable laying around though.
Easier than the adapter for yge, or the mess with mini vbar.
im sure Glenn at rc-connectors could make an adapter cheaper than buying a sat cable, or maybe msh will come out with one some day.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:10 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought Spektrum adapter, product code SPMAJST1UL
njs77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2012, 11:19 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by njs77 View Post
I bought Spektrum adapter, product code SPMAJST1UL
Nice didnt even think about that one. I like it a little longer with heavier wires though.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:39 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thomas,
How do we know if our mechanical resolution is in a good range? There seems to be no indication of this. So I have no idea if I should move to different servo horn holes etc.

Also how do I know if my rpm sensor is working correctly with no real time rpm view that I can use on the bench to check sensor data?
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thomas, is there an other possibility as the USB port to connect to the PC? I am asking, because the USB port is "blocked" by the swashplate holder, when I mount the Brain onto the gyro platform of the 450 pro. Is there a chance to connect via SYS port?

Regards, Hemut
Banshee 700 LE #50 and some others ...
KU-HELI7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Test flew unit today and it is 100% superb on elevator axis... But not good in roll axis. When doing sidewards tic tocs, the model wobbles badly and you can see the boom moving about when it should be still. Even in a straight forward roll, it does not look right.

Test model was a Trex 500: tried higher / lower gain / more & less mechanical resolution and evident regardless of settings.

Also tail very consistent and nice stick feel, but both left and right hand stops are not good at all. Raise gain and I get a harsh bounce, lower gain and get a slower shuffle. Tried changing neutral position, amount of left / right travel, different tail blades etc. Also tried playing with stop gain value.... but no effect.

No problems on previous FBL unit.

MSH Please Help ?

Russ.
RussD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in