Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Newbies: Tips and Information

Newbies: Tips and Information Section of HF, specifically for Passing along info to newcomers to the hobby. Setup, tweaking, orientation practice, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2013, 08:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Orange RX T6 Transmitter Opinions

Fairly new to helis but loving it and ready to start upgrading some. I have a Blade MSR currently and have a 120SR and an MCP X on the way. I did buy the RTF versions so if and when I sell them, I can sell with a transmitter. I want to get a good programmable transmitter. I keep reading about the DX6i. Then I see the Orangerx T6. Seems it is a DX6i clone at less than half of what the DX6i costs. I have been able to find little about the Orangerx T6. Would this be a goo transmitter for me right now. Cost is a big factor these days and the cost of the orange is very appealing. I own all Blades right now and will probably just continue upwards with the brand. My 7 year old has a Blade Scout and will soon take over my MSR and eventually the MCP X. So if/when I want to upgrade transmitters again, I can pass the Orange down to him.
zsiska is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2013, 07:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default orange tx

Well as far as they list the radio its not actually a clone, even tho it looks exactly like it pretty much in everyway It looks like it would be a good cheap radio to use for getting started out on those smaller birds. Im not sure where you were looking at buying the rx from but on hobbyking it says that they garrentee their product so i wouldnt be to worried about it, but again I would only really recommend using this on the smaller heli's while trying to learn, I wouldn't even try binding it to anything bigger than a blade 120, if it were to malfunction you could lose the bird in flight and cause injury to you or others. The spektrum version would be alot safer and arent really to much more money. hope this kinda helps
RCJuNkY89 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2013, 12:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have used the orange $6 RX not on heli's but on some foam flying wings. It has always worked fine. The TX will probably be fine. It is DSM2 and not DSMX but as long as it binds to your Blade models, it should be fine. I know the RX binds to my Spektrum TX's. It does not look to be in stock at the USA warehouse so there will be shipping and waiting. A used DX6i may be quicker to get and about the same total dollars.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

i would stay away from the orange line. i have heard there not fcc type approved and therefore, may not be covered under ama.
rcflier1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2013, 04:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I went ahead and ordered a DX6i. The Orange was $64 and then once going through checkout, it tacked on the shipping. It was just over $100. I figured for an extra $30 I could get the DX6i. So I did. Should be here tomorrow!!
zsiska is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2013, 10:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsiska View Post
I went ahead and ordered a DX6i. The Orange was $64 and then once going through checkout, it tacked on the shipping. It was just over $100. I figured for an extra $30 I could get the DX6i. So I did. Should be here tomorrow!!
That's what I figured cost-wise. You'll get a lot of use out your DX6i.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Exclamation Not bad for the price for expirienced rc pilots

As a newbie I must say I feel like I jumped the gun ordering that radio at HK. The support is not all it could be for someone like me and after hours on youtube trying to find a helpful video I can say that the are tons of videos of the Spectrum radios. The double a batteries didn't really fit into the orange remote ether, causing the case to bend out and the lid not to close right, the fix is a little lipo pack for 20$. Also, mind the shipping cost, looking back I wish I would have gotten a Spectrum.
Schweisser is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in