Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2012, 08:03 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey View Post
Pre-ordered.

I am glad they waited to announce this (if that is what they did) until the item was close to ship. Waiting about 6 months for the MiG to be released from announcement was ridiculous. Also release time on the 300X, and the 500 class Blade helicopters.

Provided this heli actually comes out at the end of this month as we are told, then this is exactly how releases should be handled.
I wonder if they bumped up the release because the proverbial cat was let out of the bag a while back with photos and a video. Supposedly, they were from some Chinese worker who had smuggled one out. The video got pulled, but the discussions and photos were still all over the place before the announcement this week. Someone over on RR said they were told by HH the release would actually be in October.
scott_g is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2012, 08:08 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nope. We announced precisely when we intended to.
David Eichstedt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Eichstedt View Post
Again, I ask... Why has HH never released a brushless mCP X? That's an easy one and we, the hobbyists, have already done all the research/testing/implementation for you to copy. Just like the V2 mCP X with the upgraded tail and swash grommets that we'd been doing all along.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:20 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Eichstedt View Post
I am happy that the announcement is close to release, I can't wait to fly this thing inverted in my living room soon.

I am hoping that announcements much closer to release will become the norm. At least then I can give you my money sooner too
Old 09-06-2012, 08:22 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Pre ordered x2

This thing looks cool!! Will keep me flying in the winter months. Pre-ordered 2 of them! Can't wait to see the upgrades to this thing!!
Old 09-06-2012, 08:22 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_g View Post
Again, I ask... Why has HH never released a brushless mCP X? That's an easy one and we, the hobbyists, have already done all the research/testing/implementation for you. Just like the V2 mCP X with the upgraded tail and swash grommets that we'd been doing all along.
Double brushless v3!

-Give a man a helicopter and he flies for a day. Teach a man to fly helicopters and he flies for a lifetime!
BadVad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadVad View Post
Double brushless v3!
Absolutely! I would have loved to see that instead of yet another micro plastic brushed heli.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

As much as i would love everything from yr ago till forever to be brushless fact for hh im sure brushex motors still cheaper for them. And lot of newbies buy hh products.
This thing looks to have plenty power but then so did the mcpx but we all found bl to be lot better.
This thing seems cheap enough hope it fly out box w.o issues

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012, 08:40 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Double brushless v3!
I could see that.

Places like my LHS ( that has become good for nothing) would benefit from that. I love them when I first got into the hobby. But as my interests grew the shop did not provide what I needed. I wanted to go brushless on my MCPX but my LHS had no interest to bring in what I needed to do it. So shops like that that deal strictly with HH would benefit from that indeed.

On a side note I think I may be done with my LHS. They charge too much. Make me wait longer then if I ordered from HH myself and never seem to stock heli parts. Time to set up paypal and get what I need. Time to roll with the changes. Like a fellow freak told me I will vote with my $. To bad my $ will no longer stay local.
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012, 08:42 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I might be a little out of place here forum wise but I would almost bet money that they will announce a 550 size or bigger BNF around Christmas/New years. Maybe even closer to spring 2013 since the 500's are taking so long. One thing I realized is that no matter how much you ask Horizon Reps about what is coming out in the future, THEY WILL NEVER TELL! I think when you accept a job there, you are sworn to secrecy! Think about it tho, why is Eflite making all these brushless main motors for helis bigger than they make? Back to the Forum at hand, I hope this thing is out for long enough for all of you "pre-orderers" to tell me if this is a solid bird by December. This would be a great inexpensive gift for my girlfriend to get me!

-Give a man a helicopter and he flies for a day. Teach a man to fly helicopters and he flies for a lifetime!
Old 09-06-2012, 08:46 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by litehawkdown View Post
I could see that.

Places like my LHS ( that has become good for nothing) would benefit from that. I love them when I first got into the hobby. But as my interests grew the shop did not provide what I needed. I wanted to go brushless on my MCPX but my LHS had no interest to bring in what I needed to do it. So shops like that that deal strictly with HH would benefit from that indeed.

On a side note I think I may be done with my LHS. They charge too much. Make me wait longer then if I ordered from HH myself and never seem to stock heli parts. Time to set up paypal and get what I need. Time to roll with the changes. Like a fellow freak told me I will vote with my $. To bad my $ will no longer stay local.
Same here with my LHS. Too small, too expensive and they just tell me they'll order the same exact parts I can order from the comfort of my own home...in my PJs...and without the 25+ mile round trip to pick it up. Plus, I don't have to pay the ridiculous 10+% sales tax here, either.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:50 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
I might be a little out of place here forum wise but I would almost bet money that they will announce a 550 size or bigger BNF around Christmas/New years.
I SWEAR I remember reading about a 700 3D (flybar) and a 700 X when the 300 X and 500 3D/X were first announced many months ago. I've since searched for info on their 700, but couldn't find anything on it when I was asked to provide a link. But, I know I read about it and I'm pretty sure I remember seeing pictures of it, too.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I SWEAR I remember reading about a 700 3D (flybar) and a 700 X when the 300 X and 500 3D/X were first announced many months ago. I've since searched for info on their 700, but couldn't find anything on it when I was asked to provide a link. But, I know I read about it and I'm pretty sure I remember seeing pictures of it, too.
They're asking $899 for the 500x. What price would they put on a 700x? $1,800? The Beastx is clearly selling the new "X" models. For someone to shell out that kind of cash on a "Blade heli" it would have to come totally pimped out. Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of Blade heli's, but it seems like they are gonna have to do a lot to get out of that "toy heli" category and taken as a serious competitor in this big 3d heli market. I think they're headed in the right direction with the 500x.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't know if I will pick one of these up or not. Looks cool price is not bad for BNF my MCPX was cool when it came out. It's just I wish HH would address the issues of the 130x vib issues before tossing out another heli. I have had to spend a ton on my 130x and it flys great now. But sure was not happy out of the box. 130x is sucking me dry in parts to keep it flying good. Not sure if I am ready for more parts to buy. I told myself after I bought the mcpx I would never buy another tail motor helicopter again. Just me tho.
Gogupgo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012, 09:37 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
They're asking $899 for the 500x. What price would they put on a 700x? $1,800? The Beastx is clearly selling the new "X" models. For someone to shell out that kind of cash on a "Blade heli" it would have to come totally pimped out. Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of Blade heli's, but it seems like they are gonna have to do a lot to get out of that "toy heli" category and taken as a serious competitor in this big 3d heli market. I think they're headed in the right direction with the 500x.
I want to say it was around $1400. People were saying the same thing you said, too, about the price for a BNF "toy" Blade heli. These larger helis do look pretty well equipped, though, with good electronics, metal parts, carbon frame set, carbon blades, etc...
Old 09-06-2012, 09:39 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Its a safe bet they are working on the 130x issues.. it has been one of the best sellers still as it is. No doubt they want to sell more but will fix those costly issues.

This heli you can at least know it will be less issue driven. Less parts and lets face it -- its a cross between a MCPX and a MSRX.. no doubt they have experience with this for sure.

The 130...well its a good heli, I love mine but yeah sure it has vibe issues in the tail.

300 and 450 is solid... I can only hope the 500 is as sweet for sure and have to think they will test that thing more so.
Mikado Logo 700/Synergy 516\Vbar Vcontrol Touch/Neo/RCHN #612 IRCHA#5289
Iskareot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012, 10:56 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

I dont get the "toy heli" to me the 450 and 450x are great helis out of box
I kinda wish they would offer there larger helis arf or w.o servos but sure they never will. 900 for a bnf heli is alot build a trex for that if you shop.
130 had some issues 300 still seems to also hope this one be great out box im so tempted to pre order one

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012, 11:23 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I want to say it was around $1400. People were saying the same thing you said, too, about the price for a BNF "toy" Blade heli. These larger helis do look pretty well equipped, though, with good electronics, metal parts, carbon frame set, carbon blades, etc...
Like it or not, Blade has perception issues. They have been in the small (won't call them "toy") heli game for a LONG time, and let's face it, it's only really been in the past 1.5 years that Blade has even TRIED to produce anything to compete with other manufacturers. The 450 3D was the first "real" helicopter from Blade, using the same basic components shared on other makes such as Align. The big thing is they got away from integrated gyros. That is why I count the 450 3D as their first mainstream heli. The 3D was/is very good for what it is, but it wasn't until the 450X that Blade had a competitive helicopter on its hands. The 450X beats the pants off the T-Rex 450, but it still has a perception problem. How many 450X guys have gotten the reaction "That's a Blade?!?" While this may be complimentary, it also reveals that there is still a STRONG perception out there that Blade produces helicopters that are only one step removed from a mall kiosk.
They really are at a crossroads as a company right now. They currently dominate the small heli market, and the nCPX is another good addition to it. On the other side of that crossroads, they really have a world beater in the 450X. If the 500X is just as good, it may open the door to the "big heli" market, but it will be a STEEP uphill battle, especially if they want to get into the 700 world. The 700 world is very exclusive, with some VERY high end equipment out there, and is very technology driven. Cost is less of an issue, and it seems that many/most 700 pilots would rather pay more for high quality than settle for "cheaper" equipment, even if it saved them some money. Even if Blade were to produce a 700X, and it was every bit as good as the 450X, it would have a very hard time competing against even the T-Rex 700, which is considered to be on the low end of the 700 market, but is an established and proven name. Forget competing with Mikado, Gaui, or SAB, it will take YEARS of flawless products for Blade to develop the kind of reputation of those companies, if ever. Their Chinese manufacturers will surely prevent that from EVER happening.
If Horizon as a whole (not just Blade, but Parkzone, E-Flite, Spektrum, etc) has an Achilles heel, it is their manufacturers. How many spectacularly designed products have they produced, only to be plagued by terrible quality control, production delays, and defective parts. Look at the 130X. It is a pretty decent design, but the wildly variable quality of individual parts turns that helicopter into a crapshoot. Look at the delay on the 300X, 450X, the 500X, etc. All caused by the factory, not the design (as far as we know). The E-Flite F-4 was delayed for nearly a year. An entire shipment was rejected once it got stateside because of poor quality of the build. I have owned 3 Habu 32s. Only 1 of those three was truly "good" out of the box, the rest had horribly bad finishing on the paint, poorly molded fiberglass, broken parts, or other QC problems.
This kind of consistent letdown by the manufacturer will CRIPPLE Blade if they ever were to produce a 700X, especially if that 700X is to be sold BNF. You would have to be OUT OF YOUR MIND to actually "bind and fly" a 700X given the long history of quality control problems. You might get lucky and get an absolutely phenomenal helicopter out of the box, with no quality control issues. On the other hand you probably have a 50/50 shot of getting a lemon, except this lemon has the legitimate potential of putting you in the hospital or outright killing you. No thank you.
Until Blade/Horizon can get their factory under control (hint: BUILD AMERICAN!) they should probably stay in the small helicopter game.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:30 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon_Tanerite View Post
Like it or not, Blade has perception issues.
Never said they didn't.

Quote:
The 450 3D was the first "real" helicopter from Blade, using the same basic components shared on other makes such as Align. The big thing is they got away from integrated gyros. That is why I count the 450 3D as their first mainstream heli.
Actually, the Blade 400 was their first "real" mainstream heli with separate electronics. The 450 3D was just a refinement. What components did they share with Align? Zero. All their BNF/RTF heli servos, gyros, ESCs, etc were (and still are) all made in-house. E-flite ring a bell? Even the new AR7200BX with the integrated BeastX FBL controller is a Spektrum (i.e. Horizon) product.

I do highly agree with you, though, about needing to get their QC in line. They'll have a LONG uphill battle with that from just their history/perception alone.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:36 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Never said they didn't.

Actually, the Blade 400 was their first "real" mainstream heli with separate electronics. The 450 3D was just a refinement. What components did they share with Align? Zero. All their BNF/RTF heli servos, gyros, ESCs, etc were (and still are) all made in-house. E-flite ring a bell? Even the new AR7200BX with the integrated BeastX FBL controller is a Spektrum (i.e. Horizon) product.

I do highly agree with you, though, about needing to get their QC in line. They'll have a LONG uphill battle with that from just their history/perception alone.
I never owned a 400, but I thought they still had an integrated ESC/RX/gyro. If I'm wrong, I will concede defeat on that. I never said they shared actual components with Align, just layout-- i.e. independent ESC, RX, gyro, servos, and didn't rely on integrated "X-in-one" type units.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in