Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters

Compass Helicopters Rage RC Hellicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2014, 12:39 PM   #21 (permalink)

My HF Map location

As far as parts go, check out some new outlets on the net. All the rioting going on over in Asia right now is holding up shipments of all kinds of things for an unbelievably long time. My Local Sushi place is waiting for two containers to finish their remodel and they have been waiting for over 4 months. The owner is Chinese and even the ability to communicate easily with the shipper has not helped him at all. The trip should take 40 days from Hong Kong to delivery at his restaurant. He is beside himself as you can imagine. So many plans being held up by shipping containers.

I have also talked to a few distributors of various brands of helis and their shipments are being held up as well. Hopefully this will end soon and shipments will get back on track.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2014, 02:30 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinn View Post
Thanks Jeff! Good to know. I was considering a 12s 570 setup, but I think most likely since it will be 550's, I'll stick with 6s. I have a scorpion 4025 I can throw in there. One more question, I have a castle 120hv I could use to be safe, but if I can I would rather use my castle 100lv if that will be good enough.I plan to fly it pretty hard, but winter is here so I don't think overheating will be a problem. Do you think the 100lv will handle it?
I would run a 120A ESC to be safe.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:12 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I found a nice used hd vid camera and tripod i'll be picking up next week, so hopefully will be able to start working on a few vids here and there.

Team Compass Pilot
Scott Bowersox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2014, 02:02 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

One thing that would help is updating the manuals!! Back in the day there was a thread for the Atom 500 which featured updated manuals and/or updated procedures (tail grip flip for example) as things came up.

Having just built quite a few Compass models now I have to say the main constant is the gradually improving but still mistake ridden manuals. I have to say the 550U one would have been the best yet had it not had the mistakes in it or some simple red arrows pointing to the right holes for clarity.

7HV ULT TracX | 550U TracX | DX9
NZ Heli thread - https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=480630
Magnazan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2014, 06:01 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So video is in progress. Got the camera going and cleaned up the work area enough for public consumption. I'm going to need to find some basic editing software to get this out but it is moving along slowly. I have the tail build pretty much captured from installing the tail grips and bearing to getting the slider nice and slippery.

Anything else on a 6hvu/550 that needs attention as I finish the rest of my rebuild/season maintenance? Let me know. Hope it comes out ok. It's a learning curve for sure to do a decent vid.

Team Compass Pilot
Old 01-02-2015, 12:32 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So finally got the first video set up and uploaded. Hope this works out as it was a good learning experience for me, would like it to be helpful for someone else as well.

Please let me know what you think and don't be too gentle (ok, a little). If this format doesn't work, please offer any better solutions or I will continue to make them in this fashion.

I loaded this with a lower bitrate to hopefully help streaming for slower connections to be more useful. If you notice artifacts or anything and would like to have a higher bitrate version uploaded, please feel free to request as i was trying different encodings and have a larger version if necessary. Please feel free to share.

Compass Build Series - Tail Build Tips 550 to Chronos (23 min 4 sec)

Team Compass Pilot
Old 01-02-2015, 01:18 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

OUTSTANDING SCOTT!
Old 01-02-2015, 08:08 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Excellent! Really like the idea of using the polishing rouge on the tail shaft. I think we all have a brick of this with our rotary tool accessories.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:32 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ok, so the Chronos full upgrade box has arrived and look forward to getting some video production going again working around being out of town during most weeks lately. Plan on a 'what's in the box' type video hopefully this weekend and then some conversion footage as well.

Hopefully try to answer some questions between the two that I've seen crop up. Canopy compatability etc. Anything else people are curious about, just let me know and I will try to address it. Thanks for your patience.

Team Compass Pilot
Old 02-01-2015, 08:20 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Scott - thanks!

This will help me and the other Compass flyers at my field.
Old 02-08-2015, 12:50 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just got the video quickly produced and up for viewing for the Chronos UPGRADE kit. I am starting to enjoy doing these and getting more comfortable with the software so hopefully the production value isn't to bad while I work on improvements.

Compass Build Series - Chronos Upgrade Kit - Unboxing (9 min 7 sec)

Team Compass Pilot
Old 02-09-2015, 08:58 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hope the canopy arrives without incident. It didn't appear to me to be all that protected against the mass of the other items in the box. The heli kit has them restrained in their nice foam forms. But it was sort of crammed in and wrapped in the upgrades. Certainly not a big deal.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:26 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The canopy traveled well. With the paper and bubble wrap etc the box shakes just a little but seems to be fine. Plus it looks like a layer of clear coat on the canopy so should be resistant. Hope the rest go out well.

Scott

Team Compass Pilot
Old 03-07-2015, 11:18 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sorry for the extra time on this one, partly do to time away, but also from actual more time needed on this one in post as well. I didn't want to rush it. I try to make each one a little better. Please let me know what you think.

Compass Build Series - Chronos Upgrade pt2 Optical (13 min 48 sec)

Team Compass Pilot

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in