Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4G3

4G3 Walkera 4G3 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 09:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default whats with the different tx modes??

hey guys im very new to the whole walkera thing and have been doing some research on the 4g3 and the 2801tx. i see a lot of posts on this forum as well as a couple of others about different modes. 2601, 2801 and i think another mode but cant remember that right now, but i dont understand what the difference is between the modes and also what do you mean by mode?? im very familiar with my futaba 9chp but never heard of different modes before.
thanks
3sgte is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2009, 09:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Before the 2801 came out, Walkera had a line of different transmitters for their different helis.

The 2401 is a 4 Channel transmitter used on helis like the 4#3B.
The 2601 is a 6 Channel transmitter used on helis like the 4G3.

The 2801 allows you to "pretend" it is a 2401, 2601, or 2801 by selecting the "mode". I'm not quite sure who started using the term, as the 2801 setting for this is referred to as "COMPTB" (Compatability). Depending on which "mode" you select, certain functions are automatically disabled. For example, you can't set throttle curves in 2401 mode.
Steve Joblin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2009, 01:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Walkera make a vast range of models 33 at the last count from contra rotators and fixed pitch heli's 4 channel with gyro's built into the receivers all designed to work with the 4 channel radio - then there are the larger collective pitch helicopters some like the 59D and 4G3 have built in rate gyro but mainly external dual rate gyro's that are adjusted from Tx so they needed a more advanced Tx for these models - their 6 channel Tx.

In the past when walkera tried to make a computerised Tx like the 1001 and the 703 (older FM models) they found incompatibilities - so this time they decided to build a TX that was in reality 3 transmitters in one - one to work with the 4 channel models (2401 Mode) one to work with the 6 Channel models (2601 mode) one with all the very advanced functions on par with other computerised Tx's on the market 2801 mode.

When comparing walkera with other Tx manufacturers what you have to remember is that such as futaba make basic receivers no built in ESC's no allowing for differing battery voltages in these ESC 1S, 2S and 3S no built in gyro's - and if they will not work in the walkera models tough - Walkera have a harder Job they have to make their computerised Tx work with all their range of models.

Regards David
DocD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2009, 09:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys, interesting topic!
I'm looking to get into the 4G3. My question on the TX model topic is: is there an advantage in using the 2801 vs the 2601 when used for the 4G3 only?
Can the 2801 do more onthe 4G3 then the 2601?
Your answers are much appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Old 05-29-2009, 12:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi John,

With the 2801 you'll be able to centre the servos accurately using sub-trims, and then you can set up the 5 point throttle and pitch curves on screen - but I would ask yourself - is this going to make a big difference to how you can fly it?

Personally, if the 2601 TX is good enough for this guy:
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=116075

it's good enough for me

Dusty
Blade 400, mSR, mCPX - Sonix SX450SE - Walkera 1#A, 4#3, 4#3A, 4#3B, 4G3
Dusty1000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2009, 10:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1000 View Post
Hi John,

With the 2801 you'll be able to centre the servos accurately using sub-trims, and then you can set up the 5 point throttle and pitch curves on screen - but I would ask yourself - is this going to make a big difference to how you can fly it?

Personally, if the 2601 TX is good enough for this guy:
4G3 livingroom flip and ceiling landing video - HeliFreak

it's good enough for me

Dusty
Thanks Dusty, I did see the video, quite amazing!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in