Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2015, 05:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default trex 500l motor going wrong way?

got this thing a few days ago and i just finish putting every thing to gather but now it dosnt want to fly the gear spins but i think its going the wrong way i did look it up and i guess my option would be to swap 2 cables i really dont want to do that is there a right way to get it going the right way?
FFXIJehuty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2015, 05:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
HF Support

Just swap any 2 out of the 3 wires between ESC and motor. That is perfectly correct. You can also reprogram most ESC to reverse direction but the wire swap is easier and quicker.
Old 01-04-2015, 05:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

how would i program it to make it go the right way?
Old 01-04-2015, 05:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

In your transmitter you have the option of reversing the throttle channel, but the "correct" way is to change 2 motor wires...
Old 01-04-2015, 07:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
HF Support

Reversing the throttle in the radio won't alter the motor direction, simply whether full throttle is high stick or low stick.

Programming the ESC depends on what you are using. If it is the Align RCE 70G then it doesn't have a reverse option and you must use the wire swap. Most other ESC such as from Kontronik or Castle Creation have a program option.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuriell View Post
Reversing the throttle in the radio won't alter the motor direction, simply whether full throttle is high stick or low stick.

Programming the ESC depends on what you are using. If it is the Align RCE 70G then it doesn't have a reverse option and you must use the wire swap. Most other ESC such as from Kontronik or Castle Creation have a program option.
Mercuriell is right... not sure what I was thinking! my only excuse is it was way too early in the morning!!!
Old 01-04-2015, 12:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Reverse your blades !!! Lol

Just kidding don't do that !!
Old 01-04-2015, 12:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

If it's the standard Align 500 ESC (BL60G) it doesn't have a motor reverse function, so the only way is to swap any two of the motor wires.
Abenn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2015, 02:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

well i got the motor to go the right way now but now i got another problem when i try to take off slowly it wants to tip to the right so im force to cut off throttle
Old 01-04-2015, 03:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXIJehuty View Post
well i got the motor to go the right way now but now i got another problem when i try to take off slowly it wants to tip to the right so im force to cut off throttle
Afraid that comes down to setup, most common cause is an unlevel swash. Are you using FBL? Have you gone carefully through setup checking swash level and gyro function?

Sounds like you need some hands on help from an experienced pilot! Otherwise you need to spend a lot of time going over some of the setup videos you can find here on HF. Have you looked in Finless Bobs TechnRoom ? In the Heli 101 sticky you are sure to find some relevant setup vids.

Trying to get a heli In the air under your own steam is guaranteed to keep your local,parts supplier happy and you frustrated!
Old 01-04-2015, 03:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

im using every that came with the trex 500L dominator super Combo im looking over every thing again looks like i had the gpro facing the wrong way on the wrong side only thing is i have it mounted on top and not at the bottom
Old 01-04-2015, 07:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

As long as you have the orientation right, and it's the right way up, it doesn't matter where you mount it. Most FBL systems have the option to set the orientation that you mount it, since not every heli is conducive to the same mount.
Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2015, 08:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

well i got it to stable now i think but now when it takes off it starts spinning out of control how would i fix this
Old 01-04-2015, 10:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
well i got it to stable now i think but now when it takes off it starts spinning out of control how would i fix this
Redo your tail setup in the Setup Parameters for the Gpro. You probably have the tail direction set up incorrectly. Before you fly, tilt and rotate the heli to make sure that the swash and tail slider is moving in the correct directions before you spool up.
Fauropitotto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2015, 07:41 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Where in Virginia are you? There are quite a few heli pilots in the area, and it would be helpful for you to get some help I think.

If you're in the Norfolk area, head over to Debbie's RC World. Either the guys behind the counter, or the ones in the flying area can help get you sorted out!

As for your tail, when you give a rudder input, the trailing edge of your tail blades should point in the direction you moved your rudder stick. Then, pick up the heli and rotate it. As the boom swings to the left, your FBL should cause the tail blades to rotate so that the trailing edge of your blades moves to the left. Swing the boom to the right, and the trailing edges should move to the right. If that's not happening, you will need to reverse the appropriate channels.
Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2015, 09:53 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

looks like ima need a tail boom and rotor gear my question now is are the 500 pro tail boom and gears the same for the dominator

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in