Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 800 Class Helicopters

800 Class Helicopters 800 Class Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2013, 04:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Align 800mx does not live up to its hype

http://*********.com/breaking-annouc...es-van-gansen/
dl5973 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2013, 04:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

link doesnt work
Trex 700L NEO / Mikado Logo 600SX Vbar 6.0/ Trex 470LM NEO, Oxy 2 CC Talon 25 NEO, 450 pro vbar 6.0pro/ Trex 700n DFC OS105HZR, Velocity50 Vbar 6.0pro -Oxy 5 NEO-/Trex 600efl PRO (Night Flyer) vbar/CC HV80 ......ALL VBAR CONTROL
Stevin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2013, 04:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJS7KrFjVlo
Old 03-28-2013, 04:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

4525-105a-test (3 min 51 sec)
Old 03-28-2013, 04:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

4530-125a-test (3 min 40 sec)
Old 03-28-2013, 04:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

http://*********.com/breaking-annouc...es-van-gansen/
Old 03-29-2013, 09:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

anyone can over RPM a motor and have it at a set amp that is not a real world test

they never show how they have the esc setup for the 800mx motor etc and they never show the props there using

and i know of no heli pilot in the world that can fly a heli at 100 amps continuous

we use blades not props to test and we use world class pilots test in real world condition

so lets get real

Dino
Old 03-29-2013, 01:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino Spadaccini View Post
anyone can over RPM a motor and have it at a set amp that is not a real world test

they never show how they have the esc setup for the 800mx motor etc and they never show the props there using

and i know of no heli pilot in the world that can fly a heli at 100 amps continuous

we use blades not props to test and we use world class pilots test in real world condition

so lets get real

Dino
Dino, no disrespect, but I think the Align guys should run a test just like this to show that your motor can hold up. I want Align to do it just to show the public that it can sustain those amps.

Spartan Vortex, Scorpion Motors, ExperienceRC Batteries, OMG Servos
FrSky Taranis
DaveHolland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2013, 01:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I dunno guys, these tests look pretty convincing to me.
Goblin Speed | iKon
Dr. M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2013, 01:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

show me a pilot that can pull 100 amps the test is a joke you see our vids from LV from the worlds best pilots Colin Jamie Ben and why should be show what we know all ready scorpion run hot and will temp out in a 3 min hard flight we done the test and shown it in a side by vid with Ben and chance
Old 03-29-2013, 01:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Align 800mx does not live up to its hype

Stop trashing Scorpion. They actually did a proper test. Your split screen tests are a joke. Learn to fill your motors with sufficient copper to meet the specs.

You were told already, props give more cooling than the motor will ever get in a heli canopy.

The 4530 's at our field are barely 50 degrees Celsius after 4 mins of hard flying. Should I make a vid so you believe?

Align started this childish war, not scorpion.

For even more fun:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=494753

Trekker Motor? - 800MX 520KV

Ps dino also stop spamming about the new agile heli containing a lot of align parts! Build better quality but do not spam those who do already.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity90 View Post
Build better quality but do not spam those who do already.
Align does make quality stuff. Some people believe they are above align and look down on them but just remember who made this hobby what it is today. Align. Without Align helis, Scorpion would not have 50% of it sales. Both companies are good, Align makes a product that works, Scorpion has a long history of being the best thing you can get, just have to pay $$$$ for it. As much as Dino and Align cant argue with Scorpions test of the 800mx, you cant argue with Aligns results of having test pilots beat the motor and it never burnt up. Align is not on some conspiricy to trick their customers. If they sell you an 800mx that burns up they are only costing themselves because they always have stood behind their products and replace defective parts. I am also not saying that Scorpion does not stand behind their products.

FrSky Taranis
Old 03-29-2013, 03:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can't trust team pilots, they can't give there full opinion(ever heard negative comments from them?) .

Align started a war, not scorpion. I disagree about the quality also. Gaui for instance is twice the quality and not that expensive. They are also not trying to bash up there competition.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm sorry..
But as shown in the specs...
115A continuous with a 2sec burst to 250A, with an input voltage between 11.1 - 50.4V

I see all 3 tests done under the same conditions.
Where does it state in the specs that....

" i know of no heli pilot in the world that can fly a heli at 100 amps continuous ..."

" show me a pilot that can pull 100 amps the test is a joke you see our vids from LV from the worlds best pilots Colin Jamie Ben ....."

The test performed were, by all appearances done as a simple side by side bench spec test comparison, using the basic equipment.
with the end results as shown.

Given that, to the best of the testers abilities, all things being equal....

Occam's razor....

"The simplest explanation for some phenomenon is more likely to be accurate than more complicated explanations."

nightflyr is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2013, 04:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyerbmx View Post
Align does make quality stuff. Some people believe they are above align and look down on them but just remember who made this hobby what it is today. Align. Without Align helis, Scorpion would not have 50% of it sales. Both companies are good, Align makes a product that works, Scorpion has a long history of being the best thing you can get, just have to pay $$$$ for it. As much as Dino and Align cant argue with Scorpions test of the 800mx, you cant argue with Aligns results of having test pilots beat the motor and it never burnt up. Align is not on some conspiricy to trick their customers. If they sell you an 800mx that burns up they are only costing themselves because they always have stood behind their products and replace defective parts. I am also not saying that Scorpion does not stand behind their products.
agreed.
ALIGN T-REX 450 PRO DFC
HeliGriff is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2013, 05:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity90 View Post
You can't trust team pilots, they can't give there full opinion(ever heard negative comments from them?) .

Align started a war, not scorpion. I disagree about the quality also. Gaui for instance is twice the quality and not that expensive. They are also not trying to bash up there competition.
I dont see it as a direct attack. Yes they did specifically point out scorpion. In reality who today is going to trade in their perfectly functioning $400 4530 SE for the 800mx? I cant think of anyone that would trade that in to get 50% a $280 motor. I believe this is more aimed at people who have old Scorpion motor laying around who want to try the new 800mx which makes this an appealing trade. Besides, as I said earlier, Scorpion has a long history of being the best power system. So if someone trades in a 2 or 3 year old Scorpion motor to get the 800mx, Scorpion should be happy. This will drive more sales for Scorpion as some who get the 800mx will want to upgrade to the 4530 SE for even more power.

I have used this thought whenever getting a motor.
1. You want a good motor that will perform with no problems or maintenance required? Get an Align.
2. You want the best motor that will give you the maximum power and performance no problems but slight maintenance required? Get a Scorpion

People who fly helis know this. This promotion was only that, a promotion to get these motors out there. If I remember correctly they were also offering it for broken motors, which is even better. Any people flying in the hobby is better than one less because his motor was broke. I dont know how it is for everyone else but, for me I have seen the vast majority of regular everyday heli pilots flying cheap motors, hobbyking stuff because they just want to fly and have a budget. The people that can afford to or want to pay for Scorpion motors will continue to do so regardless of a promotion.

I plan on trading my 750mx in for the 800mx, even after watching it burn up. If Scorpion's prices were a little lower would I consider them? Yes. I just want to get my heli flying decent for as cheap as possible. I am also not saying they are over priced, you get what you pay for and you are paying for primer top shelf motors from Scorpion.

FrSky Taranis
Old 03-29-2013, 05:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflyr View Post
I'm sorry..
But as shown in the specs...
115A continuous with a 2sec burst to 250A, with an input voltage between 11.1 - 50.4V

I see all 3 tests done under the same conditions.
I know what you mean. This is why I asked Align to replicate that test to ensure all the ESC settings were correct. Its very easy to skew the results especially when you are promoting your own product at the same time. I never really pay attention to comparison advertising. Reminds me of those TV commercials where the people over exaggerate using the competitors product.

FrSky Taranis
Old 03-30-2013, 02:18 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyerbmx View Post
I know what you mean. This is why I asked Align to replicate that test to ensure all the ESC settings were correct. Its very easy to skew the results especially when you are promoting your own product at the same time. I never really pay attention to comparison advertising. Reminds me of those TV commercials where the people over exaggerate using the competitors product.
I think they just did.

[ame]http://youtu.be/uMv09DAY8gk[/ame]
skyrotor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2013, 02:29 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

1 solution : same test setup and scorpion and align present to check if legit. They could have easily spoofed pwm or added copper to this motor just like scorpion could have done.

The childish battle (that align started) continues.

I'll say, let's have a live motor battle
Old 03-30-2013, 03:13 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default motor battle

i really don't care about all this childish "proofing" ... my motor can do this, your motor can't do that...

all i know is that i had an Align and it burned mid-flight three minutes into a flight.
and i understand that Align stands behind their motors and have a lifetime warranty per say,
but when my motor burned mid air, my heli went nose diving into the ground because when the motor burned it was like it showed in the test, it could barely be turned so my blades stopped turning and couldn't even do an auto.
now Align did turn around and sent me a new motor, but who is to cover the $109 canopy, $7 rx mount, $200+ CC HV2 160 and $125 blades ???
yeah well, that came from my pocket, so this "lifetime warranty" really doesn't do me any good if i have to shell out almost $500 when Align's motor burns...
i do use Align motors on smaller helis like 500 and 550 but when it comes to my Trekker, which was cover $2k total then i'll spend extra $200 on top of 800MX and get me a scorpion and have a piece of mind!

my friends two 750MX's burned, my 750MX burned... i don't need no tests and proofs of who's product is better when it comes to benchmarks. i can fly scorpion 4530 all day long and have a piece of mind now.. that's all i care about.

align vs. scorpion is becoming like that stupid commercial "I am MAC. and I am PC"

pfffff
hunch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in