Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One)

DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One) DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One) Factory Support Forum

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 06:41 PM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Swashplate type?

Hello,

In the swashplate type setting I don't know what type of swashplate I must choose for the Thunder Tiger Raptor 90 3D. All types I tried for now don't work the right way. Starting point must be the right swashplate type. Who knows?
toaster500 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2013, 04:50 AM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DJI NAZA-H with GPS setup and review

Choose the swash plate that looks like your raptor's swash.

It's important you have no special swash type selected in your transmitter - it must be a simple (no eccpm mixing) 90 degree or "pure" swash.

After making sure you have that selected in your Tx and have picked the appropriate swash type in the software, you need to do the next step in the setup guide and reverse the appropriate servos (in the software, NOT your transmitter) to get them moving together correctly.
Align T-Rex 600 EFL Pro, SK720/600MX/YGE-90HV/BL9180/BL9188
zeeflyboy is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2013, 03:17 PM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Dennis,

I have read you comprehensive review for Naza H completely; unfortunatly I could not find the setting of different pitch curves after setup of Naza.

I have completely set up the Naza H in T-Rex 700E and done 4 successful flights but I am a bit confused Collective Mix in Mix Tab in Assistant Software. I have everything according to Assistant setup, I set the pitch curve normal 100% top and bottom before calibration in setup and set the Collective Mix like where I got 10 degree top and bottom. Now I reduced the bottom end to 4 degree from transmitter for normal mode and also some changes in IU1 pitch curve. Do I have to re calibrate the Tx again with every change in pitch curve?

Abid Ali
allii is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi Ali, no you shouldn't have to re-calibrate the Tx, I run all of my pitch curves as a straight line so get my +-12 degrees in normal/IU1/IU2/Hold so I didn't make any change after I finished the setup so haven't done exactly what you have, but doing the re-calibration in one of your IU modes would throw the others out anyway.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2013, 05:54 PM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well guys, I am thinking about closing this thread as I no longer have a NAZA-H and did not hear anything back from DJI about any problems with the unit I was testing. The heli I had the crash with has flown many times without issue since I put the Vbar back on to it, so I guess I will never know what caused the crash. I hope if there were any issues found in the software that they will be addressed in the rumored update.

I will leave the thread open for a couple of days for any final comments and then close it.

//Dennis.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:13 PM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks for your work on the review Dennis. Out of curiosity, could it have been a static issue? Was the helicopter that crashed fully grounded?
dswitkin is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2013, 11:52 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Goblin 700 is generally thought not to need any additional grounding and I have checked the continuity from tailshaft to motor on it and there was not much resistance, can't remember the exact reading but the heli has been flying for over a season without issue other than this one incident. All of my big heli's are belt tails and mainly belt main drive as well so I always use a bit of silicon spray on the belts, more for belt life, but it is also meant to reduce static if there are any issues.

Can I say for sure it wasn't static, no, but I haven't had any hits or uncontrolled issues like this with any of my heli's before (flying 5 years with Spektrum now) or since, we don't get so much of the really dry weather out here, it is dry when it is hot (not when its cold), but we don't usually fly if it is that hot due to fire bans and usually the dry winds are very strong, doesn't make for great flying conditions. The day I did the test was not a very dry day.

//Dennis.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Fighter View Post
Well guys, I am thinking about closing this thread as I no longer have a NAZA-H and did not hear anything back from DJI about any problems with the unit I was testing. The heli I had the crash with has flown many times without issue since I put the Vbar back on to it, so I guess I will never know what caused the crash. I hope if there were any issues found in the software that they will be addressed in the rumored update.

I will leave the thread open for a couple of days for any final comments and then close it.

//Dennis.
Sounds like the same old story with DJI custtomer service, the dealer I have spent over 1500.00 with won`t return my calls either. I sent a couple of emails to Mikado about my V Bar and got responses very quickly. Customer service after the sale does show the quality of a company.
lrrace is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2013, 04:57 PM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrrace View Post
Sounds like the same old story with DJI custtomer service, the dealer I have spent over 1500.00 with won`t return my calls either. I sent a couple of emails to Mikado about my V Bar and got responses very quickly. Customer service after the sale does show the quality of a company.
The dealer has been very good, even offering to cover the cost of repair to the heli (which I didn't take up) but there has been no responce from DJI about the unit that was sent back or any testing or fault finding they had done.

//Dennis.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:28 PM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wish he was in the US sounds like a great place to deal with.
lrrace is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2013, 05:16 AM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrrace View Post
I wish he was in the US sounds like a great place to deal with.
Yep they are good.

Ok guys, thanks for all the input and comments, time to wrap it up.

//Dennis.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in