Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 07:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
RAM
Registered Users

Question Where to buy 3x5x0.5mm washer?

This is the washer for the tail control lever. I dropped that little sucker and I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know where I can buy some? I can't find it on RH, Amazon etc. I have a NIP MIK-02449 and it's not included so I am stumped.

Thanks for your help!

Rage RC Field Rep
RAM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2013, 10:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

http://www.readyheli.com/MIK2001-Was...5_p_35060.html
Old 04-29-2013, 09:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
RAM
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Listed as a part for the 400 only. Why wouldn't this show up as a part for the 500SE or by querying "3x5x.5mm washer"? RH's search functionality aches. For example, here is the result of my query:

Your search for "3x5x.5mm washer" returned the following results...

0 Records Found.

Anyway, thanks Rando!

Rage RC Field Rep
Old 04-29-2013, 10:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM View Post
Listed as a part for the 400 only. Why wouldn't this show up as a part for the 500SE or by querying "3x5x.5mm washer"? RH's search functionality aches. For example, here is the result of my query:

Your search for "3x5x.5mm washer" returned the following results...

0 Records Found.

Anyway, thanks Rando!
That's because you used .5 and not 0.5. It may well seem like pedantry (and to some extent it is) but missing out the leading zero on a decimal number less than 1 is likely to get you into all sorts of problems when dealing with numbers. Use 0.5 instead of .5 in your search and you'll get the desired result.
Jockpants is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2013, 06:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
RAM
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockpants View Post
That's because you used .5 and not 0.5. It may well seem like pedantry (and to some extent it is) but missing out the leading zero on a decimal number less than 1 is likely to get you into all sorts of problems when dealing with numbers. Use 0.5 instead of .5 in your search and you'll get the desired result.

That doesn't make any difference:

Your search for "3x5x0.5mm washer" returned the following results...

0 Records Found.
Please try a different Search (enter 3 or more characters).

Rage RC Field Rep
Old 04-30-2013, 06:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

It does if you use the shortest most descriptive search string, in this case "3x5x0.5". Web shop search engines tend to be vary basic and not on a par with the likes of Googles or Bings search engines. They tend to be very basic and search for the string you put in not separate out the individual parts of the string and search on each bit then return what's the best match.

"3x5x0.5mm washer" won't turn anything up because there is nothing on the Readyheli web site that contains "3x5x0.5mm washer": also the name of the part you were looking for is "MIK2001 Washer 3x5x0.5" which doesn't contain the string "3x5x0.5mm washer". Unfortunately, unlike with Google etal, you have to do the thinking for the communal garden web shop search facility. Pare the search string down to the barest description - in this case "washer", "3x5x0.5" or "MIK" and the search engine will get one or more matches for you to sift through, one of which will be the correct one.
Jockpants is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2013, 02:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

for what its worth. the mikado washers I got in my last two kits were rubbish. and I replaced them with QUICK UK washers.

http://grandrc.com/p10544/M3X0.5S-St...duct_info.html
Lynx
el guapo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in