Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2014, 04:15 PM   #121 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do you use the stock motor or a brushless conversion?

Thanks
Rocketman777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2014, 07:26 PM   #122 (permalink)
Registered Users

I tried the MSR blades with my first NANO before I could control it and I started having board problems, and very shortly had to replace the board. With the MRS blades it would spool up and just as it was ready to lift it would die. Then it got where it would not spool up at all. Replaced board and removed the MSR blades and every thing went back to working like it should. May be coincidental but I am not trying this again. I had some blades I would give someone but I threw them away the other day, sorry! If it works for you that is great.

Last edited by Inat90degrees; 02-21-2014 at 09:13 PM..
Inat90degrees is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2014, 08:32 PM   #123 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default You HAVE TO try this mod... mSR and CB100 blades

Well guys I love the enthusiasm here but the nano's stock blades are the optimal size I would say. Running larger will run a serious risk of killing your motor & or 3n1 and at over $60 a pop it's def not worth it. I believe lynx makes some blades for the nano that are just a little bigger that might be safer to try. If you have a DX6 or better its really easy to tame the little crack Heli down for you beginners.

TS3D#1
NanoCPXBL,TREX550PRODFC,
TREX700PRODFCHV, DX8
Old 02-22-2014, 08:39 AM   #124 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur3 View Post
Well guys I love the enthusiasm here but the nano's stock blades are the optimal size I would say. Running larger will run a serious risk of killing your motor & or 3n1 and at over $60 a pop it's def not worth it.
The mSR blades are a little wider, but about an inch shorter total for both blades, and lighter. So size/weight isn't a problem.

As far as the stock blades being the optimal size, perhaps for performance but maybe not for learning. I find the heli hard to control with the stock blades provided, regardless of radio configurations that I have tried. Once I can nail it down with the mSR baldes, I will try the stock blades again.

I think the MsR blades are a great preliminary learning tool. They should include them in the package as "CP learner blades". Crashing repeatedly also runs risk of killing your motor or 3in1.

Just my 2 cents after flying my nano with both. But I am open to trying those settings you were talking about.

ETA I'm back to the stock blades and hating this bird right now. I can keep it in the air, but it will not stay still.

Last edited by darowden; 02-25-2014 at 09:55 PM..
darowden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2014, 03:02 PM   #125 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flying the ncpx with stock blades fine now. I will say using the msr blades was instrumental in helping me learn ho to fly this bird.

I would recommend it to anyone as "learner blades" for sure.
darowden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2014, 04:27 PM   #126 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had some old msr blades, so I gave them a try on my mild bl nano. Way fun! I was flying it between fragile planes and stuff in my work area like it was an mcx. It flew like msr should have. The mixing they put in with rudder on the msr always annoyed me.
fwilly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2014, 12:35 PM   #127 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I am glad to see positive feedback.

In the meantime I moved to 800 class. Let me tell you after Nano 800 is so much easier to fly. Just do not get cocky.
Don't Get Cocky (0 min 4 sec)
utrinque is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2015, 07:00 AM   #128 (permalink)
Registered Users

What are the O rings this thread speaks of? I am a little lost as to where they go. Pic?
Turtle_Flyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2015, 08:16 AM   #129 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle_Flyer View Post
What are the O rings this thread speaks of? I am a little lost as to where they go. Pic?
The O-rings gos on the ball-linkages of the swashplate, and blade grips. They help tighten the hinge and stabilizes the heli better. Gives it a slightly crisper feel.
Old 01-05-2015, 05:19 PM   #130 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varc View Post
The O-rings gos on the ball-linkages of the swashplate, and blade grips. They help tighten the hinge and stabilizes the heli better. Gives it a slightly crisper feel.
Like this?

Like this?
Turtle_Flyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in