Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters

Walkera Helicopters Walkera Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2010, 08:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 4f200 Swash Movement Problems

Hello, does anyone know the correct movement for the swash at various stick positions?
I.E. full throttle (pitch), left aileron, right aileron, elevator, etc.?
I am having problems with this flybarless setup and am trying to determine why all of a sudden (had a small bump and stripped the gears from 1 servo, replaced the servo and now it won't fly) the heli does not want to lift off...the controls seem to be completely out of whack, but since I do not have any experience with fbl setups, I am a bit confused on what it is supposed to be doing.
I checked the radio settings and they seem to be fine.

Thanks for any help in advance.
blade400user is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2010, 08:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Additional info...
When applying throttle, should all 3 servos be moving in the same direction?
What I have currently is the front and right servos moving in the same direction and the left servo moving opposite.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Same as for the Blade400... tilt right for right aileron roll, left for left forward for forward, back for back and straight up on collective pitch. Make sure the servo you replaced had its pot at neutral when you put the arm back on. If everything is aligned up properly, the swashplate should snap level when all of the power-up initializations have completed. If it isn't, unplug the battery and rebind it. On occasion, you might have restart the bind process from Tx off. make sure also cyclic stick swash movements are equal for and aft and right and left before powering up. When the throttle stick comes up, the whole swash should move up - if it tilts, you might not have the right servo plugged into the right port on the receiver, or your tx settings have gotten out of whack. Especially make sure the swash setting in the tx is set to 1 servo (assuming 2801tx).
Old 12-30-2010, 09:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade400user View Post
Additional info...
When applying throttle, should all 3 servos be moving in the same direction?
What I have currently is the front and right servos moving in the same direction and the left servo moving opposite.
Yes, all three servos should push the swash up and down when throttle stick is moved. Check to make sure the right servos are in their correct receiver plugs, then confirm the tx settings are correct, especially direction travel on that one servo - I'm thinking you have one of the servo leads mixed up in the receiver....
Old 12-30-2010, 09:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for confirming for me guys...I checked all the connections, on both and seem to be correct...only one servo is moving opposite what it should be doing??
Is there a way to only reverse that servo direction for the pitch movement?
Old 12-31-2010, 09:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Need more info - what transmitter are you using with the 4F200?

If using the TX2801 go to MDSET - REVERS - CHNL 1 & 2 should be REVS (reversed) all others NORM.

On same screen as MDSET, go to SWASH - should be set to: 1SERVO NORM

left servo is the aileron servo, I believe, and should be REVS

Make sure the pitch slider on the receiver is set to (-) ie. same side as "ADJ" (both dip switches at the ADJ end)
Old 12-31-2010, 11:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Fixed it!
I went ahead and removed all the servo plugs and started from scratch.
Got everything working!
Something must have been in wrong and little tweaks just kept me in the hole, with a fresh start, it only took about 15 minutes to get it going.

Thanks again for the replies and Happy New Year.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in