Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2012, 11:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default help

hello, i am looking for advice on a belt cp i purchased used and wrecked. main shaft was bent, flybar was bent and the rod that holds the blade holders is bent. main gear had teeth missing and the tail drive pulley, the one that fits to the main gear was also missing teeth. have replaced all but the rod for the blade grips. the problem is that as soon as i began to spin up the main gear, without blades, the tail rotor gear, the one that meshes with the main gear, stripped some of the teeth. what are my considerations?
Joebjr6 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2012, 12:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, the shaft that connects the blade grips is called a feathering shaft. When things go bad, most of the components you listed will bend or go bad. This happens to any heli.

However, the tail drive gear is a different story. In my 100's of wrecks I have never ruined one. So, The first thing is to find out why this went bad.
I would suspect the tail shaft bearing seized and this caused the gears to strip, being plastic.
Regardless, it needs to be replaced. This will require the frame to be split enough to remove the gear, shaft and bearings. If memory serves me right, the bearing blocks are part of the frame itself.
You will have to go with a stock Esky tail drive gear set, as Esky is different from everybody else. Unlike the main and feathering shafts and main gear, I'm not aware of any aftermarket replacement for the tail drive. Don't mean there isn't, I just have no knowledge of one.
Regardless, it isn't going to be a fun job.

I'm assuming that you didn't get a manual, so if not go online and download one. Take time to look at the illustrated parts break down and get a good idea how everything assembles. This will not only help you taking it apart but also putting it back together.
Take your time and do it right. If something doesn't look right then it probably isn't.
If you get lost, have questions, don't hesitate to ask here.

The good news, there is no setting up the gear lash on the tail drive gear as I said, the bearing blocks are part of the frame.

The bad new, you will need to go over every single part of the heli, especially the tail and make damn sure everything is perfect! These things hate not being right and will quickly destroy themselves if they are not!

There's some good how-to videos on how to set things up. All heli's are basically the same.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you don't have any previous experience on cp heli, you might want to look at this video too.
pinguin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2012, 09:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomstoy2 View Post
However, the tail drive gear is a different story. In my 100's of wrecks I have never ruined one.
My experience is a little different. I managed to break about 3 tail gears in quick succession, never quite found out why because it wasn't through crashing. All of them shed a tooth (which is actually ridiculously hard to spot).

Just to the OP: Both the main gears can be replaced with those for the Eflite Blade 400. The Blade ones are cheaper and far better quality, Esky's are made of something not much harder than cheese! Drop-in replacement. Sadly, the tail speed-up gear isn't exchangeable so you'll have to use stock ones (I think).
Buzzfly BE (aka Walkera 4#3B)
wulfrun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2012, 03:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default regard to help

Thank you all for the advice and help! You guys are awesome!
Joebjr6 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 09:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

EDITED : Oops....posted on wrong thread!!
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in