Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2008, 02:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Video progress report!

Don't just tell us show us! Let's post vids of our progress in this video report! progress on builds, mods, flying, crashing or any other vids of YOU and your progress!

I'll start this is a vid of my latest rebuild done today after setting up the tail with the replacement sg90 adjusting my CG adding the copterX carbon paddles and fly bar! My set up is nothing shy of perfect! The blades track perfect norm pitch -2 to +9 idel pitch -9 to+9 and a perfect 0 in the middle! The Highlight for me was the tail! NO CREEP what so ever!(it usually creeps a tiny bit but not now!) Rock solid as rock solid gets!!!!!!!!! the vid starts with the final tweak on the gain. Hope you enjoy the vid and this thread!(sorry so dark poor lighting and new camera) It was raining today so what the hey!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2008, 11:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

It wasn't dark, it was all the people round your house

I'm surprised you could still fly with such bad visibility

Think I'll have to get a You-Tube a/c setup - how do you post vids like that??
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX

Last edited by copterboy; 09-12-2008 at 11:53 AM.. Reason: Youtube/Vid posts question...
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2008, 12:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by copterboy View Post
It wasn't dark, it was all the people round your house

I'm surprised you could still fly with such bad visibility

Think I'll have to get a You-Tube a/c setup - how do you post vids like that??
PM'ed! BTW I just measured the living room and it's 8 feet by 9 feet(the fly area minus the couch and stuff) and 8 feet to celing! (very tight)
Old 09-14-2008, 12:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default It's like it happened over night!!!!

Well it did happen over night worked on it til 7 in the morning and had to call it quits. I finished the set up when I woke up about 2 and decided to head to the park!(instead of working) well here's my video progress of the build results posted in Progress Report
well on with the show!
Old 09-14-2008, 03:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well done on such a quick re-build HY!! It was nice to wake up this morning and see you already got a vid posted of the plastic re-build - good work fella!!

PS. Was nice to wake up and hear the Floyd soundtrack too! Will let you know how the park trip goes!!
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2008, 09:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Great job HY! are you still using the stock radio? I am expecting my new Futaba 7ch to come on Monday! can't wait I want to see how using expo will help my overcorrection.
Gerry
EXI 450 - #1 Logitec 2100, TPsg90s ,Heli Max Axe CP
E-Sky Lama v4, EXI #2 build just started
gerrydobro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2008, 11:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep still using that old thing, I'll get a comp TX one day! let me know how that 7C works out for you!
Old 09-14-2008, 03:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Yea! View Post
Yep still using that old thing, I'll get a comp TX one day! let me know how that 7C works out for you!
Nice video and well done on the rebuild If you are still using the stock TX then I suggest you carefully read the thread I just posted called "Stock TX sucks" I hope I can convince you to get a better radio because its a shame to see your progress and you knowledge go to waste with that stupid thing. I cant setup my heli with a stock TX anymore, I can just about fly the thing aswell.

Please read it, and you will understand why you need a better TX.

-Jonny
Old 09-15-2008, 08:18 AM   #9 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyheli View Post
Nice video and well done on the rebuild If you are still using the stock TX then I suggest you carefully read the thread I just posted called "Stock TX sucks" I hope I can convince you to get a better radio because its a shame to see your progress and you knowledge go to waste with that stupid thing. I cant setup my heli with a stock TX anymore, I can just about fly the thing aswell.

Please read it, and you will understand why you need a better TX.

-Jonny
Dont care what that thread says I still use stock TX on all my belts never slowed me down, only bird thta has a computer TX in my house is my Esmart... and really all that helps me with is cheating on mechanical setup.

VIVA LE REVOLUTION! lol, you guys know i will never knock a person still using stock tx, it has served me and many of us very very well and still do. But yeah if you wanna get fancy smancy and make life easy on yourself rather than learnign the hard way get a computer tx

I preferred to learn the hard way so when i did get my computer tx i didnt need most of its functionality or depended on it.
DierWolf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2008, 11:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The stock Tx has served me well! I never have the extra cash for a comp. Tx I gotta keep on fixing the Belt. A heli in the air is much better than looking at/holding a comp Tx. I've got my priorities straight the bird is fixed/ upgraded before anything else! Ive got my setup down to perfect, I can change the throt. curve Via ESC and I dont have any glitching! I know the comp. Tx is better but I'll wait!
Old 09-15-2008, 02:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad Dierwolf and Heliyea understand the beauty of having the stock TX..As long as it still working for you, it is a good TX

kianhon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2008, 01:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Here's a vid of my latest re-rebuild at the fun fly last Saturday I had just got it about set up and then my dad asked if I wanted to go to the fun fly!(well of course I did!)
Old 09-26-2008, 01:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah Nice work Yea,

Stock Tx is a miracle for the price. What does the radio cost In the UK ? I think its about £50 with a gyro which is Incredible.

If yours works Ok then head, esc, dts and servo upgrades are more important.

Mine was glitchy so I had to change it. ( my Dx6i is also brilliant for the price though, cant fault it really)

I will try to get a new vid ready for this thread soon

Ian
Ian 777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2008, 02:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks Ian. I cant wait to see your vid it will blow mine out of the water, but hey that's progress for ya! These vids are of slowed progress too many crashes when I flip it nose in some and do foward circles. I'm on a tight budget now and I want to keep my heli in one piece so I'm just going w/what I'm good at! So, I guess that's progress fewer crashes in fear of another complete rebuild!
Old 09-26-2008, 02:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just relax and take it steady buddy,

You progress according stick time and your own make up, Grant has been flying less time than me but has had more stick time and he is brilliant. It seems like Sutty and I are at a similar level, but its all the same game.

The good thing is your mental reflexes are improving every time you fly even when it seems like you are getting nowhere.

I find that if I relax I improve quicker than if I try and do things I'm uncomfortable with

All the best
Old 09-26-2008, 02:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Someone on you tube contested my first vid over copyrights. It used to have Learning to Fly but I had to change it to their songs they have on you tube or delete my vid! so if the sound is screwy or lacking in the first vid thats why!
Old 09-26-2008, 03:00 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

How does that work? how come you could have wish you were here an not learning to fly?

Hover looks very good btw I looks very like some of my living room vids, my room has about the same free space, and my speakers and big toe have the scars to prove it
Old 09-26-2008, 03:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yea the old tail rotor on the foot I've done that one! Ouch! I had the carbon tail blades slice the top of my foot only a small scar though!
Old 09-26-2008, 03:40 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah I was amazed how much kinetic energy the tail rotor contained , I had already chickened out the throttle, seeing which way the heli was driftinng but I was too late
and the blade bruised me to the bone....

Mind you If I had been nose in I would have been a main blade to the shin.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:52 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

True! BTW It was the tom petty version not the Floyd

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in