Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cant wait im getting one when ever they get here it looks really cool
blade450s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2012, 03:01 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks R3L72 I saw the Vids and read the reviews and it seemed like a steal. I think Banana Hobbies might of re branded it too. In the end I went Align 250 and am quite happy. Still lurking the 300x forums to see how it fairs and how it is being received. Seems to have a whole lot of hipe to live up to. Looks to me that HH really wants to get this one right. Smart of them.
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2012, 04:24 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up Good Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by litehawkdown View Post
Thanks R3L72 I saw the Vids and read the reviews and it seemed like a steal. I think Banana Hobbies might of re branded it too. In the end I went Align 250 and am quite happy. Still lurking the 300x forums to see how it fairs and how it is being received. Seems to have a whole lot of hipe to live up to. Looks to me that HH really wants to get this one right. Smart of them.
Without any video's of my own yet, your choice of getting an Align 250 versus the V200D03 is a Very smart one! I'm not a 3D guru, yet, but mostly sports fly and the V200D03 doesn't inspire the confidence to try extreme circuits or even inverted flight like my MiniCP or mCPX; for my skill level anyways.

With the Align 250 kit, at least you'll have the options of Choice. I believe that's one of the reason's Ali didn't keep his. Last weekend, I finally decided to charge the Lipo for the V200D03 and hover it indoors ... I was sticks correcting waaay more with it than my mCPX!

I want the 300 X but now there's the Blade 130 X in my future as well. Gotta Love this Hobby!
Old 04-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Booo! 2 months!

When I saw the release date was originally late April I parted out my 250 and pre-ordered the 300x hoping that Horizon would not do what they are notorious for doing and push the release date back a month. But here I am and... Seriously! 2 months!

Of course when it is finally in my hands i'm sure I will be a happy camper and won't complain but I still have to vent and hopefully someone at HH will realize that they need to do a better job at estimating their release dates. The new heli's are awesome, but i believe they get their release dates from a magic 8 ball will months inside. Hmm, maybe magic 12 ball but you get the idea

I'm done venting! can't wait to give you guys more of my money
Old 04-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertico View Post
Booo! 2 months!

When I saw the release date was originally late April I parted out my 250 and pre-ordered the 300x hoping that Horizon would not do what they are notorious for doing and push the release date back a month. But here I am and... Seriously! 2 months!

Of course when it is finally in my hands i'm sure I will be a happy camper and won't complain but I still have to vent and hopefully someone at HH will realize that they need to do a better job at estimating their release dates. The new heli's are awesome, but i believe they get their release dates from a magic 8 ball will months inside. Hmm, maybe magic 12 ball but you get the idea

I'm done venting! can't wait to give you guys more of my money
Tried to tell you to hold onto the 250!

I'm waiting too, but have the 250 (and others) to fly.
ahahn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 11:27 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahahn View Post
Tried to tell you to hold onto the 250!

I'm waiting too, but have the 250 (and others) to fly.
We all tried. Oh well live and learn.
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 12:05 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mods, why can't I edit my OP?

Or more specifically, why is there a limited timeframe in which I can edit it?

Making changes 10 days after writing the OP vs 30 days after writing the OP doesn't make much difference, especially if the edits are noted in the post.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah i saw HH changed release date to Late June
Old 05-16-2012, 01:01 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

F*** this! This is getting ridiculous! Can HH EVER hit a F'ing release date?
MeatRocket is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

HH, I hope you're listening to your customers.

Many of us have recently spoken out. Especially if, as many have assumed, the initial dates you post are 'not likely', and are mostly self-serving for your benefit, at our expense (i.e. coax us into not purchasing non-blade helis because you've announced something along with a 'nearby' date). With this happening repeatedly, it seems intentional from our end.

Many of us want to like you, but this kind of thing happening repeatedly is making that difficult.

Aside form a serious lack of part support (another huge issue), once the helis are released, your customer service is nice and appreciated, but that is only part of the whole HH experience.

For the sake of your business and the value of our (your customer's) time I hope you find a way to improve on both the parts supply and hitting release dates.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:20 PM   #31 (permalink)

I could care less if the model comes along 2-3 months later than originally announced, just so long as it holds up better than my GAUI X2. Please no wrong sized washers in the tail, and no cheap bearings that burn out after only 10 flights.

If they can do that (even if its 3 months later than expected) then they will have a winner!
glarepro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 04:22 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by glarepro View Post
I could care less if the model comes along 2-3 months later than originally announced, just so long as it holds up better than my GAUI X2. Please no wrong sized washers in the tail, and no cheap bearings that burn out after only 10 flights.
Wow, high standars - lol.

And it's "I couldn't care less". Sorry - just sayin'
Old 05-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #33 (permalink)

Couldnt care less is what I meant. Who cares if its late so long as its right. Thats more important than a stupid timeline. What good is it if they came out with it yesterday and everyone is complaining because this wasnt right and that was wrong, etc...

HH, just make sure all the components are not failing. I'm sure it will be a bitchin bird once released. I'd say "I cant wait", but like I said, I can wait and I will wait.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydekay View Post
HH, I hope you're listening to your customers.

Many of us have recently spoken out. Especially if, as many have assumed, the initial dates you post are 'not likely', and are mostly self-serving for your benefit, at our expense (i.e. coax us into not purchasing non-blade helis because you've announced something along with a 'nearby' date). With this happening repeatedly, it seems intentional from our end.

Many of us want to like you, but this kind of thing happening repeatedly is making that difficult.

Aside form a serious lack of part support (another huge issue), once the helis are released, your customer service is nice and appreciated, but that is only part of the whole HH experience.

For the sake of your business and the value of our (your customer's) time I hope you find a way to improve on both the parts supply and hitting release dates.

Well said, maybe I should just cancel my pre order and concentrate on my rex's
toys2cars2toys is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 05:10 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Couldnt care less is what I meant. Who cares if its late so long as its right. Thats more important than a stupid timeline. What good is it if they came out with it yesterday and everyone is complaining because this wasnt right and that was wrong, etc...

HH, just make sure all the components are not failing. I'm sure it will be a bitchin bird once released. I'd say "I cant wait", but like I said, I can wait and I will wait.
Who cares if it's late? Me... and I'm not the only one.

I paid for a heli 3 months ago along with a half dozen batteries due to a posted date - and it keeps getting delayed.

I based my flying season and heli purchasing off of that date. Did I have to pre-order? No. Was the date guaranteed. No. But it was posted to inform customers when they can expect it. And, I did my planning based on that, like many others.

Not sure what industry you work in, but timelines are important in all of those that I interface with. They exist for a reason.

It appears that you're implying that hitting a 'stupid' timeline while still putting out a quality product is impossible. It's not. It can and does happen with smart thinking, experience, planning, and a desire for excellence by all those who contribute to the product (and its release).

Curveballs come up in the real world which can throw a wrinkle in things, and I get that. But it shouldn't happen repeatedly time and time again.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:39 PM   #36 (permalink)

I have a solution for you...

1. If you can get your pre-order money back at this point, do it.

2. Move to California, Arizona, or Nevada (we pretty much have flying season all year long).

3. Dont pre-order anymore.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:41 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I have a solution for you...

1. If you can get your pre-order money back at this point, do it.

2. Move to California, Arizona, or Nevada (we pretty much have flying season all year long).

3. Dont pre-order anymore.
Brilliant!

So, this 'solution' will solve the issue of not having the 300 X in-hand right now (or even better in April)?

You're clearly missing the point.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:48 PM   #38 (permalink)

No, I get your point.

You're itching to have the first 300x that hits US soil so you pre-ordered one before HH pushed the release date. Like I said, if the new release date is too late for you then you should try and get your money back so you can turn around and get something that is currently available (flybarless mini-titan perhaps?). This way your money wont be tied up waiting for a bird that wont be released in time for you. And do yourself a favor, dont preorder anymore unless youre willing to wait. I myself am willing to wait but I didnt pre-order it, yet I am pretty confident that I will have my hands on one when they are finally released. No big deal.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:00 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, I don't really see a point in pre ordering.. Look at the 450X for example.. There is plenty of them to go around.

AR90 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 07:14 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR90 View Post
Yeah, I don't really see a point in pre ordering.. Look at the 450X for example.. There is plenty of them to go around.
Here are a couple of reasons to preorder:

1. History shows that in some cases, highly anticipated helis (or any product for that matter) can be hard to come by after an initial release. BTW, the anticipation for the 300 X is higher than it was for the 450 X.

2. If I preorder, I don't have to mess with running around to stores/calling around in order to see if anyone has one in stock - once it's out, its at my door. In some ways, it's supposed to provide convenience to me, the customer (but there are other benefits to the corporations as well). When done correctly, both parties can walk away happy campers.

Next, this is not solely about preordering. In fact, the preordering aspect can be completely removed from the equation and there are still issues with the release dates getting pushed back multiple times, and for multiple products.

And lastly, no hard feelings, but glarepro, you're still missing the point and don't seem to understand the principal behind the scenario. But I think it's pretty clear for those who need to hear it so I'm not going to spend any more time clarifying.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in