Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2012, 11:27 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubschrauberpilot View Post

Blade look good, i just grabbed me some. I Seen they where for FBL

Is that tail fin set GAUI also?
naturecannon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2012, 05:21 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturecannon View Post
Is that tail fin set GAUI also?
Stab/Fin Set, Carbon Fiber: 300 X [BLH4530C]

Won´t stop raining here,...
Hubschrauberpilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2012, 06:54 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR90 View Post
Also ended up ordering a pair of these blades, for $19 shipped its worth a shot. I'll report back when I get them in.
The HDX blades look like the best option to me at this time and the price is on-par with what I'd expect to pay. With the exception of the SABs I definitely prefer a FBL specific blade vs an SR blade made for a FB machine, etc.

Looking forward to hearing how you guys like them
Old 07-26-2012, 12:38 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Microheli carbons for the BCP are working great for me, much better than the woodies. Got em at the LHS for $30.

Dylan
Dylwad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2012, 07:09 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got the HDX blades today. Stock blades weigh 18.34g and 18.35g and CG about the same. The HDX blades weigh 12.64g and 12.72g and CG about the same... so about a tenth of a gram difference. Horizon did a better job of matching the blade weights but not as good in the manufacturing of the blade as you will see in the attachments. The plastic grip reinforcement is positioned differently on each blade and the screw hole is off so much that it affects the chord CG of the blade as you can see in the picture of the blades hanging together. Flight report on the HDX blades when I get a good motor in my bird.

EDIT* Forgot to mention. Root thickness is 5mm VS 6mm for the stock blades. The HDX will need shims and does not come with any.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HDX01 (800x600).jpg
Views:	139
Size:	370.5 KB
ID:	335521   Click image for larger version

Name:	HDX02 (800x600).jpg
Views:	122
Size:	416.7 KB
ID:	335522   Click image for larger version

Name:	HDX03 (800x600).jpg
Views:	135
Size:	493.5 KB
ID:	335523   Click image for larger version

Name:	B300XBlade01 (800x600).jpg
Views:	132
Size:	326.1 KB
ID:	335524   Click image for larger version

Name:	B300XBlade02 (600x800).jpg
Views:	130
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	335525  

Old 07-26-2012, 08:05 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

I decided to go with the EDGE blades because I fly them on my 550 and 700 and love them. I got a chance to throw a few packs down before the rain tonight and I really like the response of these blades. A little pricey at $40 but there aren't a whole lot of options for these birds right now. Picture attached....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	300X_edge.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	335562  
mtuccio is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2012, 08:19 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtuccio View Post
I decided to go with the EDGE blades because I fly them on my 550 and 700 and love them. I got a chance to throw a few packs down before the rain tonight and I really like the response of these blades. A little pricey at $40 but there aren't a whole lot of options for these birds right now. Picture attached....
That's awesome. But man, those are really up there in price IMO!

I am hoping the HDX blades are good - at $17 I feel they're priced fairly for CF blades of this size as long as they're pretty dang good.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:21 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9sec240 View Post
I got the HDX blades today. Stock blades weigh 18.34g and 18.35g and CG about the same. The HDX blades weigh 12.64g and 12.72g and CG about the same... so about a tenth of a gram difference. Horizon did a better job of matching the blade weights but not as good in the manufacturing of the blade as you will see in the attachments. The plastic grip reinforcement is positioned differently on each blade and the screw hole is off so much that it affects the chord CG of the blade as you can see in the picture of the blades hanging together. Flight report on the HDX blades when I get a good motor in my bird.

EDIT* Forgot to mention. Root thickness is 5mm VS 6mm for the stock blades. The HDX will need shims and does not come with any.
Thx, looking forward to hearing more. When do you plan to get these in the air/get a motor on that hussy?
Old 07-26-2012, 08:30 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydekay View Post
That's awesome. But man, those are really up there in price IMO!

I am hoping the HDX blades are good - at $17 I feel they're priced fairly for CF blades of this size as long as they're pretty dang good.
Yeah they are about the same price as the SAB. I was hesitant in buying them but I really don't like the idea of wood blades spinning this fast on a heli. I haven't really flown my 300 X because of this fact...Now at least I don't have to worry.....
mtuccio is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2012, 08:30 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got some Xtreme 235mm's today - they look nice

They were almost balanced perfectly out of the box, needed one color strip on one to get perfect.

I noticed at spoolup that the heli didn't have the low RPM shutter that it did with the stock blades.

I only test-hovered on my porch, and it seemed a lot smoother than stock.

If it's not raining. I'll take it to the field tomorrow and put it through it's paces. Also going to hop up IU2 to 100% and a slight V curve and see how it goes.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:31 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I flew through three packs this morning with the Xtreme blades.. It's a whole new animal!!!

The thing is 100% vibe free now.. I used to have to keep headspeed lower with the woodies and I could see the landing gear vibrating - not anymore!!

I set a new IU2 at 100-96-92-96-100 and it flies incredible. Zero vibes, very solid, very fast..

If you have the stock woodies, snap them over your knee and get some real blades.. I even balanced my woodies and they still made the bird vibrate.

I'm also willing to bet that the crap woodies are to blame for the main shafts snapping. Lots of forces in an unbalanced load swinging at what - 2500-3k rpm?? Add in some heavy G forces when doing maneuvers - that's just asking for part failure.

HH should just suck it up and start shipping this bird with CF or some sort of composite blades.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:17 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cousin, you mind hooking us up with a link to those extreme blades?!
ccnada is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2012, 09:21 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

I see valuerc on ebay has them along with different colors:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/E-Flite-Blad...item43afd5e82f

GSPI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2012, 09:21 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Search on ebay for "sr xtreme" & you will find them. They're about $10 shipped & come in black or white.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

What RPM are these blades rated up to?

I can find them for sale in the UK but it doesn't mention anything about max rpm etc.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinLarry View Post
Well I flew through three packs this morning with the Xtreme blades.. It's a whole new animal!!!

The thing is 100% vibe free now.. I used to have to keep headspeed lower with the woodies and I could see the landing gear vibrating - not anymore!!

I set a new IU2 at 100-96-92-96-100 and it flies incredible. Zero vibes, very solid, very fast..

If you have the stock woodies, snap them over your knee and get some real blades.. I even balanced my woodies and they still made the bird vibrate.

I'm also willing to bet that the crap woodies are to blame for the main shafts snapping. Lots of forces in an unbalanced load swinging at what - 2500-3k rpm?? Add in some heavy G forces when doing maneuvers - that's just asking for part failure.

HH should just suck it up and start shipping this bird with CF or some sort of composite blades.
I had a feeling the vibes you guys were getting were from the blades.

Due to the difference in the center of gravity in both the chordwise and span, FB blades on an FBL heli usually makes the heli really touchy on the collective - in a bad way. Have you noticed a change like this?
Old 07-27-2012, 10:01 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have not noticed any bad tendencies with them. Going to put 3 more packa through in about an hour. These blades are drilled towards the root, and solid at the ends, so most of the weight is towards the end whoch i think is ideal for FBL.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:05 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

How bendy are those Xtreme blades? I'm wondering if they are stiff enough to avoid boom strike issues when being smacked around?
Old 07-27-2012, 10:06 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinLarry View Post
I have not noticed any bad tendencies with them. Going to put 3 more packa through in about an hour. These blades are drilled towards the root, and solid at the ends, so most of the weight is towards the end whoch i think is ideal for FBL.
Yep, that's part of the recipe. FBL CoGs are closer to the tip and leading edge. Keep an eye on the pitchyness and let us know how they pan out.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:15 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPlaneChris View Post
How bendy are those Xtreme blades? I'm wondering if they are stiff enough to avoid boom strike issues when being smacked around?
I put them through their paces pretty good. Stationary continuous rolls, piro'ing pinch outs, mild tiktoks, etc. With no issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in