Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 05:37 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackin130x View Post
That looks like a red version of the 440 motor, same bell size and magnets (just a fyi for anyone wondering). But like you said im sure it has better balance and bearings. How much do those cost?
Slight differences in motors make the difference. Cost should be under $30
Dylwad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2012, 06:09 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up Sounds Very Interesting...

My 320H motor's are, Knock-On-Wood, holding out thus far but I'd like to follow developments on the Wicked motor. Eventually I'll want to 3D the bliss out of my 300X's, so my eye's, ear's, and wallet are standing by.

Having a "Solid" and Efficient Brushless motor would help take the 300X to the next level, IMHO. Plus, with all the frame braces, aluminum upgrages, longer CF main blades, heavier LiPo's, etc., having a bit more power does sound like an Excellent Idea.

Why do all this on a 300 sized Heli? Well the Mopar guys do it to their quarter mile cars and so does the small auto Tuners. Sometimes it's for the thrill or because they can. I'd like to think for small Helis, its all about making the 300X more than it was intended to be, Radically Awesome.

Heck, look what they're doing with the WARP 360...Not Comparing at All...just Say'n.

Last edited by R3L72; 10-18-2012 at 06:11 AM.. Reason: Added Wording...
R3L72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2012, 06:29 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Interesting concept Dylan! I have to wonder if some of the balance/vibration issues people would be gone? With the larger, properly fitted bearings in the motor could help this condition.

Thanks for the development work!

GSPI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2012, 06:56 AM   #24 (permalink)
HF MR Support

[QUOTE=Dylwad;4376718]Slight differences in motors make the difference. Cost should be under $30[/QUOTE

Dylan,
Looks good I just ordered one to try so you can have my feedback as well.
This motor is exactly what I was initially looking for... When my e-flite motor died and new ones were on back order.

I tried the 440h motor first and it died in bench testing. Could have been my fault, but I doubt it. I also tried the 420 sized motor which caused a bad vibration and drifting. So IMO the E-flite motor quality or reliability just isn't there.

Thus is how I landed on the scorpion motor which is a quality motor, but also a hemi of a motor in all aspects.
clouseau is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2012, 11:28 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Just to learn something new today; how would switching to the 10t pinion help? Higher head speed or something?
Also, switching to 13 degrees pitch, would I do that in my transmitter or in beastx like you mentioned, and which menu item would that be?
Thanks!
Old 10-18-2012, 08:58 PM   #26 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by inner3 View Post
Just to learn something new today; how would switching to the 10t pinion help? Higher head speed or something?
Also, switching to 13 degrees pitch, would I do that in my transmitter or in beastx like you mentioned, and which menu item would that be?
Thanks!
You have to setup collective pitch range in the BeastX (K) menu. However You will need a pitch gauge to do this correctly. Yes, switching to a 10T pinion will give you more head speed. The idea is to gain quicker response and stability without bogging the motor or loosing tail authority.

With the Blade 300X CF blades I'd would try starting out with +/- 10* degree pitch first and work up until you start noticing a decrease in performance (motor bogg) or loss of tail control, which you can increase torque compensation in the BeastX to help resist tail blow out.

***Note*** The plastic main blade grips ball links may not be able to handle a whole lot of pitch flight after flight. I have had one pull out in mid flight, and had some loosen on their own. I recommend using the aluminum blade grips for this reason.

http://http://www.beastx.com/manuals/MICROBEAST_3.0.3_ENG.pdf
Old 10-18-2012, 09:23 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you so much! So I might need to go with the aluminum parts after all. I think I started mild with 11 or 12 degrees pitch, but would definitely like to have a little more punch. So I will look at a different pinion and then update the grips for safety. Anyone sell those yet, haven't seen them.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:01 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylwad View Post
Heres some comparison pics, Thats a whole lot more motor for the extra 14 grams, Don runs it at 40 amps on 4S for 560 watts!

Dylan
Oh hell yeah, sign me up!
I have a JustGoFly 400DH I was going to try, but I think I'll just wait for this one.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:00 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPlaneChris View Post
Oh hell yeah, sign me up!
I have a JustGoFly 400DH I was going to try, but I think I'll just wait for this one.
I have 10 motors on the way
Old 10-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #30 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Dylan,
Now I know what happened to my missing motor

j/k... mine is in snail mail land.. Next time I'll get one from you since you ship way faster
Old 10-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by clouseau View Post
Dylan,
Now I know what happened to my missing motor

j/k... mine is in snail mail land.. Next time I'll get one from you since you ship way faster
Don ships fast too, I highly doubt it was his doing.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I have 10 motors on the way
Dylan, do you still need to make some sort of mods to the shaft on the motors you have coming or has the manufacturer changed them so they now drop in?
Old 10-23-2012, 07:21 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll be doing the shaft mods so you can use stock pinions.

Motors come to me unassembled.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:29 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dylan,,,curious,,,, can we use these Wicked motors with the stock esc?

Also,, have you decided to offer an ESC/Motor package?
mike4406 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2012, 07:30 PM   #35 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Quote:
Don ships fast too, I highly doubt it was his doing.
No worries... Both you guys have a solid reputation for shipping out quickly

Actually Don's shipping was very quick to ship out. It just seems however when things are in USPS's custody lately, it's been really slow and it's a bit aggravating they never update their tracking info until after you have already received your items...
Old 10-23-2012, 07:36 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I'll be doing the shaft mods so you can use stock pinions.

Motors come to me unassembled.
As always, thanks for your hard work and R&D on all this stuff. The Castle/ParkBEC setup on 10T is an absolute blast on this little heli with your frame upgrades. Can't wait to try this setup.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:49 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike4406 View Post

9 tooth should be okay on the stock ESC with a V curve (check temps!), The Phx 25 barely gets warm on a 10 tooth.

Still testing the Cool 33A Blheli ESC, dealing with tail vibes again so I need to fix that first before I can do more.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:53 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Actually Don's shipping was very quick to ship out. It just seems however when things are in USPS's custody lately, it's been really slow and it's a bit aggravating they never update their tracking info until after you have already received your items...
USPS doesn't have "tracking" per say, Its delivery confirmation, and only really meant to be a notification to the sender that the package was delivered. 90+% of the time it works as tracking, but not always. Very rarely does First class take more than 5 days or Priority more than 3, but they make no promises unless you ship via Express mail.

They are not required to pick mail up from your house daily either, its a courtesy when they do.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:02 PM   #39 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike4406 View Post

Good question, Don's website recommends using only Hobbywing Pentium Brand for his wicked motors.

The stock 25A ESC is driving a 9 pole motor, so I'm not too sure if the timing can be adjusted to acommodate for a 6 pole motor.

Dylan, I'd be glad to send you my stock ESC no charge as a sacrifice for R&D.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:42 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Good question, Don's website recommends using only Hobbywing Pentium Brand for his wicked motors.

The stock 25A ESC is driving a 9 pole motor, so I'm not too sure if the timing can be adjusted to acommodate for a 6 pole motor.

Dylan, I'd be glad to send you my stock ESC no charge as a sacrifice for R&D.
Stock and wicked motors are both 6 pole. And the higher the pole count the harder the esc works to keep sync at high RPMs.

Dons recommendations are for edfs, where the motor can be above it's max ratings for minutes and survive because of the 100 mph airflow over it. Helis put much less average load on the motor, even though the peaks can be pretty high they don't last long.

He recommends Pentium escs but any esc that can switch fast enough and handle the amp draw will work.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in