Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Them motor's go quick!

Used bird so who knows how many flights on the little bugger before I got it. But I had maybe 18-25 and suddenly it just died after a flight. I was even waiting 4-5 minutes between flights. Good thing I have a BL system waiting for the tag in. I may try the PNP that came with the bird just to see how it does. Then solder everything to see if there's a difference. Maybe my tail kick will go away now too.
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2013, 03:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lite,

That nano you got was a really good price.

What are your overall thoughts on this bird? How does it compare to the mcpx?
dreadfulomen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2013, 03:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadfulomen View Post
The mCPX has a lot more punch, IMO. I like my nano but I think others would agree that you really need to know how to manage your collective properly in order to fly it well. I'm fairly new to helis and I find that I bog it down a lot. I thought it was the motor, but I replaced that and also went with the new 35C EFlite batteries. Now I think my problem is just that I'm a n00b that needs to learn how to manage collective
{}{steve}{} is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2013, 09:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadfulomen View Post
Lite,

That nano you got was a really good price.

I like it a lot. BL should make it a winner. The motor was losing the punch it once had and then it was dead just like that. When one of the stock nano motors go they go quick.

And yes the Nano was a good deal at what I paid with all the extra's it came with. It did have a broken servo plug that required me to bridge all the broken traces going to it though. So the fix was not straight forward and all that easy in the end. The amazing thing was the seller offered to get it fixed for me. But I got it figured in the end.

But the stock MCPX I also bought used is proving to fly just a touch better at the moment. But the Nano surprisingly flys much smaller then the MCPX so it does have a place. Honestly I like them equally at the moment but the MCPX is way better in wind more stable and loops way better.

My goal is to be able to use the Nano 3D in my 10 x 10 living room by winter. Wish me luck
Old 05-01-2013, 10:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by litehawkdown View Post
My goal is to be able to use the Nano 3D in my 10 x 10 living room by winter. Wish me luck
That's my goal too.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yea I want a nano to learn inverted flying, it would be a plus to be able to do it indoors.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My first motor lasted 88 flights, second was around 30. Love this little heli but not sure how much I am willing to burn on these crap motors with little or no quality control.
ELightshow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2013, 12:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well the PNP system that came with my used heli sucked as PNP. No surprise there. So I soldered the bugger up and it ain't so bad. But it is not great either. It was one of those HKRC 6amps. The battery life seems dismal.

My HK delivery just came today though. So I may just switch the ESC for a XP3 amp flashed with BL heli. It may make all the difference.

But Mild BL motor seems to have a bit more punch then stock. I really think this bird is going to be a great indoor bird now. The motors are the only down fall of this heli that I can see so far. But I knew that going in. This bird also seem great in my back yard. It allows you to fly big in a small yard.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:47 AM   #9 (permalink)

Default Dying motors, one after the other

Melbourne, Aus: I have two Nanos, spent a mint on Lynx upgrades and Airtime RC skids, but the motors keep dying. Fly them a lot - five to ten times each a day - allowing cool down time between flights. Even so, the motors die within three weeks. No problems with anything else, just the motors.

Today both karked it! No LHS near me and I have to get motors sent to me at $12 each and $10 postage each time. Can't wear the frustration or cost of doing that, so I am going to offer them in a fire sale for anyone who is after Lynx upgrades, Nano spares and a heap of both stock and Nano-Tech batteries.

Don't know what next. Winter's coming on here, anyway I like minis to fly inside and that rules out the MCPX BL. Hibernate instead maybe.
kb1846 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2013, 06:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by {}{steve}{} View Post
The mCPX has a lot more punch, IMO. I like my nano but I think others would agree that you really need to know how to manage your collective properly in order to fly it well. I'm fairly new to helis and I find that I bog it down a lot. I thought it was the motor, but I replaced that and also went with the new 35C EFlite batteries. Now I think my problem is just that I'm a n00b that needs to learn how to manage collective
Isn't that also true for the Mcpx? In the Mcpx section a lot of people are saying its all about collective management and that the tail blow out is worse on the Mcpx, but more stable due to its size.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Them motor's go quick!

Yeah, too much collective will definitely bog the mcpx motor down...I've done it a lot with mine. The tail does blow or during a hard climb but I've found that out can be corrected by giving it a little rudder while climbing.

| Agile 5.5 | Goblin 500 | T-Rex 450 Pro DFC | 130X | mCP X BL | Nano CP X | Nano QX |
(and a ton of planes)
{}{steve}{} is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

So I turned down my throttle curve a bit. Now the batteries seem to last 3 minutes of 3D flight. Besides a speratic start the 6 amp is fine. Heli is awesome now.

As for TBO I think I have gotten good enough to deal with it. Amazing how it all just one day clicks. I think bogging it the only thing that effects me now. No way to punch out if you need to.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:39 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My first nano motor died suddenly after 78 flights. I am on my second now and am getting near to 100 flights. So far, my nano has performed very well. I got a new mCPX today to try out with my Devo 7e transmitter. I had 3 mCPXes before and never had much luck with it. I thought it could be the DX4e transmitter and I have a number of parts left.

I used the the same settings as the nano CPX. It was just plain horrible with quite a number of tail blowouts and crashes. This was despite much gentler with the mCPX than the nano. I am able to do near continuous mild 3D flying now and the nano did not let me once earlier in the session. I was able to fly 6 packs with no crashes.

I have flown a number of 100 sized CPs and none of the other suffer from tail blowouts like the mCPX. In fact, the much cheaper V922 mCPX clone flies much better. There is no way I can recommend a beginner to learn basic 3D flying on a mCPX.
zadaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in