Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 08:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Yge or Heli jive 120

What to do. I have both a160 yge that came off my Xxtreme 800 or my 120 Heli jive
Question I have is will the 160 work even thow it was for the 800. I took it off cause of the kick at start Will this be gone with using the new vbar set up sl pro 5.3 or is it still gonna kick

Or can I use my Heli jive and it hold up for the Xxtreme 700

I have the bear bones kit Xxtreme 700
helinuwby is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 09:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by helinuwby View Post
What to do. I have both a160 yge that came off my Xxtreme 800 or my 120 Heli jive
Question I have is will the 160 work even thow it was for the 800. I took it off cause of the kick at start Will this be gone with using the new vbar set up sl pro 5.3 or is it still gonna kick

Or can I use my Heli jive and it hold up for the Xxtreme 700

I have the bear bones kit Xxtreme 700
personally i feel that the 4535-520 LE unlimited extreme edition motor that is includede in the bundle is a little stout for a 120A ESC... but others may disagree with my opinion on this, and it may depend on your flying style.

have you had the update for the YGE XXtreme edition from your L800? there is an update that fixes the tendency for the YGE 160 XXtreme ESC not to spool up, and i have heard that after this update is performed, the kick is a lot less than it was. At any rate, have the blade tight in the blade holders and pre spinning mitigated the kick even before they tamed it.

if you are going to use it with the VBAR governor on the 700 it should work. I have heard that with that ESC, you cant use the YGE governor or governor store mode, nor can you set the endpoints. neither of these will matter if you are using the vbar governor, since you will adjust the transmitter throttle endpoints in vbar setup.

you may have to set the reset PWM and or the timing for the 4525-520 , i am not certain.
I just bought the bundle "LITE EDITION" too. I was planning on using the ESC from my 800, but have elected to go with the Helicommand HC3-SX, so need a good governor in the ESC, so I plan to use a Kosmik 160, and dropping in a pyro 800-48 for 14S

fun
taosgraveyard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 11:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

FWIW, I don't have any experience with any YGE ESC's but I will tell you (if you didn't know already) the Heli Jive 120 has quite a kick of it's own on my 600SE (if I spool up on cement). It's V11 though and the newer V12 may have fixed or at least improved this.

I guess you'd have to try both and see which kicks less.

Last edited by 3D Dave; 12-12-2012 at 11:52 PM..
3D Dave is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 05:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Its 4525 motor in kit not 4535, and jive is perfectly dapable of dealing with that motor, my choice would be jive but if you want to run vbar gov obviously yge, you should not get kick on jive, even old version. Jive has auto timing much better freewheel, so if you want to run a low headspeed in one of your flightmodes jive mode 6 better suited
Old 12-12-2012, 09:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolla View Post
Its 4525 motor in kit not 4535, and jive is perfectly dapable of dealing with that motor, my choice would be jive but if you want to run vbar gov obviously yge, you should not get kick on jive, even old version. Jive has auto timing much better freewheel, so if you want to run a low headspeed in one of your flightmodes jive mode 6 better suited

Your right Ithatnwas a typo... Still think amp headroom would be a good thing, but it's try that a helijive can't handle burst well I excess of 120 amps especially with a heat sink
Old 12-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I have heard and seen others run the jive on 700's With no problems. I would not mind using the yge. But it has the kick on start, Unless u spin. The blades and I forgot sometimes it spools up to about 100 rpm and u have to recycle the power to get it spool up. Guess il use ,y 120 Heli jive and ill send this yge in to get updated
helinuwby is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 10:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I start my 800 on grass, and even without the update the kick was manageable with a spin first,

But I did send it in. The spinning up failure was a hassle. I sent the YGE to ready Heli, and they forwarded to kontronik,

Helijive is very nice... Love the auto bailout feature. I read somewhere its mode 8 ( vbar governonr mode) only is to be used with pyro motors? Wonder why they say that?
Old 12-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

We log well over 200 amp on jive with handwind motors in the 4530 class no problem with yy windings, have seen logs over 200 for multiple seconds in speed flying, its an awesome speedie, some even traded back kosmiks for jive, although i should think the latest kosmik release took care of problems. One thing with kosmik, the startup is surreal, i read about it but couldnt believe it when i first experienced it. Im gonna try my yge on l700 with rewinded pyro 850 and vbar gov, i think it should be fine sitting upfront with lots of cool air. Not sure how it will gel with the 14 pole motor but guess only one way to find out.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Stolla,

Sorry for being OT in this thread but

I am considering getting a rewind on the pryo 800 for 14S on this heli, and using a kosmik 160 . I think a rewind is the way to go for this Heli and 14s

What head speeds are you thinking about?
Old 12-18-2013, 05:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but I have a question:

I will be using a Powerjive 120 on my new Xxtreme 700 with 4525-520 motor (ultimate with YY winding). I want to try the Jive because I have one on the shelf.
I fly big air and 3D (not smack) at preferably 'lower' headspeeds by nowadays standards (I prefer my goblin 700 for example at 1.850 and TDR at 1.750 rpm). I read Dave Dahl states that the Jive 120 is on the limit, but I fly at reasonable RPM with smaller pinion to optimize the gear ratio for my HS range (I plan around 1.800-1.900), and the climate here is.. well.. not really warm.. ;-)

Now my question: I'm not sure if I could use the internal BEC of the Jive. Servo's will be bls451 and bls251.

Someone around here uses the Jive 120 (Power or Helijive) and uses the K bec and has some experience to share?
Thanks in advance

Last edited by dieter; 12-18-2013 at 06:49 AM..
dieter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2013, 11:58 AM   #11 (permalink)
CHC Benefactor

You'll be fine with that setup servo wise. I don't run it but I do run the Heli Jive on a L550 and it is a beaut! The spool up is to die for, of course I have yet to experience the Kosmik but oh so soon
The Jive does 5v-6v. Standard is to run at 5.6v which it comes pre-set for. The cyclic servos you mention while being able to go higher v are spec'd in that range with the tail servo max 6v regulated. So I suggest go with standard Jive setup with a buffer battery pack 800ma 4cells.

Of course if you want max performance, get an HV BEC in addition and step down for tail servo, at your risk of course.

Cheers, Geoff.
Raptorapture is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in