Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 08:36 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

o I DO NO GET PAID TO SAY WHAT I SAY ...I am a nobody rookie.... :YeaBaby ::thumb up:
icerat4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2010, 08:45 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

So... should I bother with the CPII for my 600, or is it stable enough on it's own? I have the chance to pick one up for $100. The extensions are sitting at my hobby store 5 minutes from my house, 6 inches up to 36. No waiting.
Snowiphoenix is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2010, 09:19 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowiphoenix View Post
So... should I bother with the CPII for my 600, or is it stable enough on it's own? I have the chance to pick one up for $100. The extensions are sitting at my hobby store 5 minutes from my house, 6 inches up to 36. No waiting.

Rookie YES Non rookie Nope
Old 04-07-2010, 01:29 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Timid as I may be, rookie I feel I'm not. No it is then...
Old 04-07-2010, 03:43 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

hehehe, drama, what drama? Your telling me you never poked at a badger in a cage? lol

Thanks Tim for the response. I do appreciate it. Im in IT myself and I understand that the email might have been caught in a spam filter or something. If i hadnt heard back i would have sent another or called.
I dont think im unreasonable, however it seems i have irritated others in the process of voicing my unhappiness so if i came across as an ass, for what its worth, i apologize. I do agree with icerat and the others, your service is excellent.
I guess i cant say enough how much i appreciate the helpful people out there and im very grateful that i was able to provide some feedback and have it listened to.
And to have it actually get results was refreshing. Too many times the individual customer gets ignored, but this time i was listened too, and something was done about it. It shows that they pay attention to their customers and that alone is worth more then anything else.
I am a satisfied customer of FMA and ill recommend the Co-Pilot II to my friends that are waiting on taxes!

Thanks to the positive people on here!
Thats not you nightflyr. It seems that your a wealth of information and an excellent resource, but man, dont be such a dick. In this instance you were more of a detriment to the conversation then helpful. Not everyone is perfect and everyone has a bad day sometimes... Lead by example dude, if you thought i was rude, why return the attitude? Why not be someone like iceman (and every other person who took the time to comment on this post) and help people chill out instead of throwing fuel on the fire... That doesnt help FMA out anymore then my bitchy whiny ass. Not to mention your demeaning "your better than everyone else, you know it all, im stupid, i should have known better" comments... Well let just say i no longer value you as a resource on here. Youll be fun to torment though, i can tell...

And to comment to your "sometimes its better so say nothing"... Dude, your so wrong on that. Nothing piss's off a customer more then being ignored. Incorrect or wrong info can be just as bad yes, but as you can see, they didnt do that.
You told me dont expect anything and provided a few excuses for a failure before they had failed... You didnt even give them a chance to succeed before you were setting my expectations at zero, which only aggravated the situation more.
And then they did something about it, despite your predictions of silence.

So maybe now this may help someone else avoid the same problem.
If i had done nothing other than "deal with it" as you suggested then maybe 10 other customers would have had the same experience... And maybe it only stops one other person from having a bad experience, but i bet FMA values that customer just as much as the next one that has a perfect experience.

Anyway, i know, more drama. I run a small forum myself and i know how it goes to have douchebags piss everyone off... If im being that douchbag, well, sorry, Im not one to hold my tongue when people push my buttons, especially when i dont think im in the wrong...

Anyway, many thanks to FMA, i was dissatisfied but despite nightflyr's predications of doom, they have more then resolved the situation.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:12 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate_Stansell View Post
hehehe, drama, what drama? Your telling me you never poked at a badger in a cage? lol

Thanks Tim for the response. I do appreciate it. Im in IT myself and I understand that the email might have been caught in a spam filter or something. If i hadnt heard back i would have sent another or called.
I dont think im unreasonable, however it seems i have irritated others in the process of voicing my unhappiness so if i came across as an ass, for what its worth, i apologize. I do agree with icerat and the others, your service is excellent.
I guess i cant say enough how much i appreciate the helpful people out there and im very grateful that i was able to provide some feedback and have it listened to.
And to have it actually get results was refreshing. Too many times the individual customer gets ignored, but this time i was listened too, and something was done about it. It shows that they pay attention to their customers and that alone is worth more then anything else.
I am a satisfied customer of FMA and ill recommend the Co-Pilot II to my friends that are waiting on taxes!

Thanks to the positive people on here!
Thats not you nightflyr. It seems that your a wealth of information and an excellent resource, but man, dont be such a dick. In this instance you were more of a detriment to the conversation then helpful. Not everyone is perfect and everyone has a bad day sometimes... Lead by example dude, if you thought i was rude, why return the attitude? Why not be someone like iceman (and every other person who took the time to comment on this post) and help people chill out instead of throwing fuel on the fire... That doesnt help FMA out anymore then my bitchy whiny ass. Not to mention your demeaning "your better than everyone else, you know it all, im stupid, i should have known better" comments... Well let just say i no longer value you as a resource on here. Youll be fun to torment though, i can tell...

And to comment to your "sometimes its better so say nothing"... Dude, your so wrong on that. Nothing piss's off a customer more then being ignored. Incorrect or wrong info can be just as bad yes, but as you can see, they didnt do that.
You told me dont expect anything and provided a few excuses for a failure before they had failed... You didnt even give them a chance to succeed before you were setting my expectations at zero, which only aggravated the situation more.
And then they did something about it, despite your predictions of silence.

So maybe now this may help someone else avoid the same problem.
If i had done nothing other than "deal with it" as you suggested then maybe 10 other customers would have had the same experience... And maybe it only stops one other person from having a bad experience, but i bet FMA values that customer just as much as the next one that has a perfect experience.

Anyway, i know, more drama. I run a small forum myself and i know how it goes to have douchebags piss everyone off... If im being that douchbag, well, sorry, Im not one to hold my tongue when people push my buttons, especially when i dont think im in the wrong...

Anyway, many thanks to FMA, i was dissatisfied but despite nightflyr's predications of doom, they have more then resolved the situation.

Thats not you nightflyr. It seems that your a wealth of information and an excellent resource, but man, dont be such a dick. In this instance you were more of a detriment to the conversation then helpful. Not everyone is perfect and everyone has a bad day sometimes...

If you feel that stating a fact is being in your words "a dick", terribly sorry, I just call em' as I see em'

Lead by example dude, if you thought i was rude, why return the attitude?
As I stated I put forth facts plain and simple if you accept that as being rude there is nothing I can do about that.
Why not be someone like iceman (and every other person who took the time to comment on this post) and help people chill out instead of throwing fuel on the fire...

If your take the time to review, it was explained to you what the solution was in my first posting of your thread

That doesnt help FMA out anymore then my bitchy whiny ass. Not to mention your demeaning "your better than everyone else, you know it all, im stupid, i should have known better" comments...

If you are referring to the comments about researching a product before purchasing, or about asking specific questions concerning something... if you feel that as being demeaning, I'm sorry but where I come from there are no incorrect questions to be asked, though I have seen many foolish answers

Well let just say i no longer value you as a resource on here.

As you please

Youll be fun to torment though, i can tell...

I surely doubt this...and would prove quite foolish on your part to attempt.

But if you feel the need to explore your childish antics, I believe you'll be in for a surprise

And to comment to your "sometimes its better so say nothing"... Dude, your so wrong on that. Nothing piss's off a customer more then being ignored. Incorrect or wrong info can be just as bad yes, .

If your going to quote me at least do it correctly and in the proper context...

"I personally have not seen too many who install a CPII on a 600 or larger bird may be 1/2 dozen if I recall, so your question going unanswered was most likely due in fact that they didn't have the answers to give.....
And better to say nothing than to offer poor direction or advise"

This quoted statement was in no way related to or about FMA.

but as you can see, they didnt do that.
And then they did something about it, despite your predictions of silence

And if the above is in reference to to my statement....

You really can not expect FMA or any other MFG, to design any system that will accommodate a 450 up to 1/4 scale, that is just not practical.

This was in context of having the system outfitted to cover all class size installations (ie. lead extensions)

As to the remainder of your thread do as you see fit, hope it works for you.

nightflyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2010, 10:33 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by n6nev View Post
Howard called me, set me email's, so I find the customer service A + and go to this and read the posts all about CP 2

http://www.rcgroups.com/fma-direct-623/

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=989701

Did you need any extensions for the Blade 400 installation?
Do you have any close up pictures of how you installed the components?
Thanks!!
Woody_99 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2010, 10:33 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

hahaha, man, ill leave it be for the sake of others.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:11 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody_99 View Post
Did you need any extensions for the Blade 400 installation?
Do you have any close up pictures of how you installed the components?
Thanks!!
On the Blade 400 the distance from the gyro tray to horizontal fin is 8"-9". The length of cable with CPII main sensor is 6".

Providing you mount the Avionics Computer on the side of the air frame under the gyro and use their boom mount for the sensor you will be OK with no extensions. The main sensor will end up approximately 2" in front of the horizontal fin.

If you want the main sensor to sit on the horizontal fin, you will require a 3"-4" extension for a straight run.

Hope this helps. To see a video of installation and how to mount:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNyE2Ezlbts&feature=related[/ame]
pril250 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2010, 12:08 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate_Stansell View Post
hehehe, drama, what drama? Your telling me you never poked at a badger in a cage?

Nate i hate to dissapoint ya ..But yes i can be a big Dick .But i never never ever Do what you just did..And thats come on a fourm being a new guy and just start spewing crap out when you have no clue of what when or why..Or most important who....Your display of I know everything how i like it to be .Or how it should be just kills me...And jumping on products and people when you have no idea of or about these people and products is crazy....Night has been so cool to all here helping in every aspect and i can tell you have no clue .Because if you had done your homework and not just start spewing out words..You would see that this guy night has been a great asset here..Not A fly by night guy here Lol i had to make a funny ..lol Hope all works out for ya ..But i think help in the future here may be a little tuff to get...Unless you man up and say .These words..sorry for being a dick ...That may or may not help ..Just a suggestion ...Ok back to your regular scheulde programing ..lol Have a great day yall...
Old 04-07-2010, 12:47 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

I, also being new, really don't have a say either. I, on the other hand, usually say what's on my mind not really caring if I'm agreed with or if other people around want my opinion, when feel my opinion is relevant. Otherwise I keep my mouth shut in the first place and just listen.

That being said, I really don't see how this blew up so far. My 600 is the only heli I've had to put together, my others were all RTF, and while I was going over options for my servos, thought to ask about lead lengths and looked over extensions. You want to plug in your lamp, and the cord's not long enough, you get an extension cord... right?

The whole CPII thing... If they had longer leads, wouldn't it be messier for more people with the smaller heli's that the majority are using this on, than the few that need a couple of extensions for the larger heli? How is an extension a liability? Plug the two together, zip-tie it down, where's it going to go? I'd prefer to run the extension than have the leads long enough. Customize the lengths to be able to run the wiring where I want it, with minimal slack? Thanks!

Side question... don't you have a hobby shop in Idaho? Almost all the shops I've checked in to around this side of Wisconsin have servo extensions on hand. No waiting for shipping.

Appreciate the time. Exit stage left....
Old 04-07-2010, 12:56 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 04-07-2010, 01:20 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

When my CP2 arrived I found out I needed a 6" extension for the main sensor. 5 Min to my LHS solved the problem. But It would have been nice for FMS to state " with a 400/450 size heli, a 6 " extension is required etc. For those who live 2 Hours from there LHS or 4 days of waiting for the mailman, it's a pain..... my 2 cents worth
Old 04-07-2010, 06:49 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the feedback on the sensor extensions.

I'm sure I'll have more questions after I get mine installed and working through the setup.
I did view the videos at FMA and have read through the manual a couple of times.
Also been reading in the new groups.

I'm looking forward to it!
Woody_99 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2010, 05:23 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you think Copilot has bad customer service, try hooking up a helicommand. Owner is German, we speak english. He is in europe and Im too cheap to call long distance, even ifI did we couldnt communicate.

So, I post questions here along with a few others and good guys like nightflyr and Trooper go to huge lengths to help. FREE of CHARGE.

And I dont mean a little help. These two guys along with icerat help out countless people with several different types of stabilization systems.

Nightflyr went above and beyond - he tried and tried to talk FLAME through the process but when FLAME asked for more help, nightflyr just told him to ship the heli to him in NY and he would just wire it up

How can you call a guy that would do that for someone he doesnt know or has never met....and most likely wont ever meet in his life?

I have been in this Hobby for 2 years now and one thing is for sure. Most heli products dont come with very good instructions.

You think these stabilization systems are bad? Try paying for a scale body. Most of the time you just get a box with a fuse in it. No diagrams, no instructions, nada.

Welcome to RC helis
splitboarder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2010, 05:52 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

++1

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in