Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 09:53 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braydubya View Post
where can I get that spacer kit ??
I ordered mine from topcopter

http://www.TopCopter.com/Nano-CPX-Fr...-p/ncpxbrc.htm
xpcm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 10:00 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Re: Loving my Nano CPx with pjacq BL kit

I am impressed with the completeness of the kit. Motor, ESC, power wires to ESC, signal wire, spacers, screws, and even little pieces of HS tubing are included to make everything nice and clean.

Mine arrived yesterday, but I won't be able to install it until later this week when I get some lunchtime "government work" done with the soldering station in the engineering lab at work.

Can't wait to get it built and tested! Cheers to pjacq and his attention to detail on the kits.

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Old 01-16-2013, 01:25 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpcm View Post
I ordered mine from topcopter
Seems a bit pricey. But, I guess, worth every penny.
BR
born ready is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 10:32 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Is there any trick to making sure the gear mesh isn't too tight or loose?

And did I make a mistake by putting a drop of CA between frame and protruding hub of motor?

I am not quite done with build yet. Have motor installed and servos installed and wires soldered to the ESC. Still need to mount ESC to main board and solder the wires to the main board...

Thanks
Old 01-17-2013, 10:35 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff72 View Post
Is there any trick to making sure the gear mesh isn't too tight or loose?

And did I make a mistake by putting a drop of CA between frame and protruding hub of motor?

I am not quite done with build yet. Have motor installed and servos installed and wires soldered to the ESC. Still need to mount ESC to main board and solder the wires to the main board...

Thanks
Mesh was perfect on mine. As far as CA
T-Rex 800DFC Pro, 700LTOP, 700L Night, 550V2, 470LT, 250DFC, Oxy-2 x2, 3 x2, 4, Goblin 500 Sport(soon), Fireball x2, Blade 230s Night, 180CFX, MCPS, Nano CPX & NQX2 FPV, Vortex 250, Inductrix FPV. K110 Cars/Trucks/Planes AMA#L965241, Part 107 Pilot
#iamundeservedlyblessedandiknowit
TeeJayShelton is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 11:47 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

I finished mine yesterday and I didn't put any CA on the motor because it was a tight fit, I don't think is going to come off, but if it does then I'll put some CA on it. As far as the mesh, mine was perfect. Took it for quick test flight and wow! what a difference from the stock motor, now it's more stable, no tail wag and more responsive. Now it flies the way it should've from the first day.

Thanks pjacq,

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
paitobp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 07:21 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What did you guys use to attach the ESC to the main board? In the video it looks like he had some doublesided foam tape already attached, but mine didn't have this (it also didn't have the wires attached the the ESC yet). I plan to try and finish the soldering and mounting of the ESC during my lunch hour today.

I am dying to try this thing out - I just hope it works on the first try!
Old 01-18-2013, 07:38 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I used double sided 3M tape I have.

pas2knut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Is there something wrong here? Spacer question

Hey everyone...

I am trying to get my BL upgrade buttoned up and noticed a few issues.

1. My spacers don't look right (see attached image). Notice how the edges line up in the green boxes, and don't line up in the red boxes.I am not sure how this happened. I just want to make sure that this is wrong before I pull it all apart and look at it again.

2. I covered up the bottom main board mounting hole with the ESC. I managed to slide it sideways enough to get the screw in (the double sided tape is VERY sticky!)

3a. Which connector on the main board is the tail supposed to plug into? Top or bottom?

3b. The servo appears to be interfering with the ability to insert the plug for the tail motor. Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks!

PS: I think I will PM pjacq and point his at this post.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	spacers.png
Views:	656
Size:	298.4 KB
ID:	385381  
Old 01-18-2013, 01:50 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

3a. Bottom.
3b. All the time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCcraig View Post
3a. Bottom.
3b. All the time.

How does one fix "3b"? Direct wire/solder? My brain has just about melted trying to do this soldering. That signal wire from the FET is a !@#$@#$! to get right.

What about the spacers? Are they supposed to line up? I thought maybe i flipped or switched them during install and this caused the inability to get the tail motor plug in.

Thanks!
Old 01-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking waiting

my kit is on its way
still have spare main motor.....will I be able to wait to go BL? probably not
I'm weak
Braydubya is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 02:18 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
How does one fix "3b"? Direct wire/solder? My brain has just about melted trying to do this soldering. That signal wire from the FET is a !@#$@#$! to get right.

What about the spacers? Are they supposed to line up? I thought maybe i flipped or switched them during install and this caused the inability to get the tail motor plug in.

Thanks!
Loosen up the 3-n-1 mounting screws. That will let you tip the board so you can plug in the tail motor connector. Same thing with the pitch servo.
It is small to solder on, isn't it?
Did you remove the enamel from the supplied magnet wire before you tried to solder it to the FET if that is what you are using?

Old 01-18-2013, 02:39 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCcraig View Post
Loosen up the 3-n-1 mounting screws. That will let you tip the board so you can plug in the tail motor connector. Same thing with the pitch servo.
It is small to solder on, isn't it?
Did you remove the enamel from the supplied magnet wire before you tried to solder it to the FET if that is what you are using?

I got the wires sorted by doing what you said (loosening the screws for the main board).

The wire for the signal with my kit wasn't magnet wire - just very thin gauge stranded (i think it was stranded at least) wire with an insulated jacket.

Can I bug you with another question about the function of the ESC?

I need to get a better understanding of how to arm the ESC. When I first checked to see if the motor wires were reversed, I had a hard time getting it to arm (it eventually went into fast steady beep mode - which i think is programming mode). I got it going after some trial and error, but need to make sure I know what I am doing.

Is the correct method to plug the battery as follows:

Transmitter on and TH "on"
Plug in battery - wait for the heli to "bind"
Flip off TH for a few seconds
Flip TH back on for a few seconds
Flip TH back off and fly.

Will the motor soft start when doing this while in idle up? (idle up settings are below). Or is it better to do the arming in normal mode?

My Settings:
Idle Up: Pitch travel (servo travel) on my DX7S is 85% (both ways). My throttle curve for idle-up is 75% flat. Pitch curve is linear from 0 to 100 (0 at low stick and 100 at high stick).

"Normal Mode" (not idle up) has a roughly linear throttle curve (0 at low stick and 100 at high stick) and a pitch curve that doesn't go more than a couple degrees negative.

I have to get the heat shrinking done before I can try to fly it - (no lighter or heat gun handy) and still need to attach the swash/servo links and check for zero pitch at mid stick.

Thanks!
Old 01-18-2013, 02:48 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can arm in any mode the way you described. Just make sure your throttle curves are flat in normal and IU.
PM me if you have any problems and I can walk you through it.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:49 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone herd from pjacq. ive sent him 2 pm's but no response.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
tide88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 07:02 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

If I may ask...What does the kit cost?
Thanks,
BR
born ready is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 08:43 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OK - looking for some ideas/troubleshooting help...

I got my kit installed and did a quick check for clockwise blade rotation before I finished it up. Got it home and couldn't get it working right at first, but did get one flight in without the canopy on it. Put canopy on and things went south on me.

It seems very inconsistent as I plug the battery in. I don't always get the 3 beeps. I also don't get the confirmation beeps during the arming process very often.

Sometimes, the blades actually seem like they can't figure out which way to turn. There have been several times when the blades would run up counterclockwise. When this happens, it usually spools up slowly and then it shuts down (blue light goes off for a second and comes back on). It also seems a bit sluggish getting the motor turning initially - even when I do get successful flight.

I tried peeling the ESC board away from the main board (thinking maybe some components were shorting against the main board) - this seemed to help. So I peeled it completely off, and cut one of the center (throw-away) pieces of the plastic spacers between the ESC and main board. Problems came back.

I then just left the ESC board suspended by the attachment wires and motor wire connection so it is hovering in front of the board. I am wondering if the foam tape I was using is slightly conductive. I hovered through a battery with this configuration and it worked well (in idle-up).

I am now discharging 6 batteries and getting them ready to charge up again to see if this continues to work. Here are some photos.

I know - the soldering isn't pretty but I am very confident that there are no bridges. As I said - the signal wire to the FET gave me a stinking headache, but it attached eventually.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-01-18 21.11.20.jpg
Views:	507
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	385529   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-01-18 21.11.53.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	385530   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-01-18 21.12.23.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	385531   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-01-18 21.14.33.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	385532  
Old 01-19-2013, 06:49 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Hey everyone...

I am trying to get my BL upgrade buttoned up and noticed a few issues.

1. My spacers don't look right (see attached image). Notice how the edges line up in the green boxes, and don't line up in the red boxes.I am not sure how this happened. I just want to make sure that this is wrong before I pull it all apart and look at it again.

2. I covered up the bottom main board mounting hole with the ESC. I managed to slide it sideways enough to get the screw in (the double sided tape is VERY sticky!)

3a. Which connector on the main board is the tail supposed to plug into? Top or bottom?

3b. The servo appears to be interfering with the ability to insert the plug for the tail motor. Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks!

PS: I think I will PM pjacq and point his at this post.

1. The spacers should line up. The spacer with two big holes goes on first. The big holes should be top left and bottom right. You will notice the bottom left corner has more of a 45 degree corner versus the other corners are more rounded. Looking at the second spacer with four smaller holes look for the corner that has the 45 degree corner and put it in the bottom left corner and everything should line up. Also, when lined up properly there should be a tiny little bump on the top of both frames.

pas2knut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 12:41 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I did take that servo off and flipped the outer spacer around and they line up now.

Didn't really expect it to, but still having intermittent issues with the motor starting and/or running backwards.

Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in