Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2014, 07:47 PM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KySky View Post
As mentioned in another thread regarding what the ESC voltage switch is set at when it leaves the H.H. warehouse, I noted that I sent an email to H.H. support regarding this query back on Sept 3rd.

Well, they just got back with me a few minutes ago. They said "The ESC comes in the lower setting, which is 5.5v. I hope this helps." I sent another email request asking why 5.5v when 6v is available?
There is NO 5.5V setting on the EFLA335H ESC's SBEC.

It's either 5V or 6V.

The email you refer to indicates that person at HH doesn't know what WTF he's talking about.

Use the 6V setting(micro-switch towards the ESC's PCB center) to mitigate the 1.5V of voltage undershoot(VUS) that the EFLA335H's SBEC exhibits on an oscilloscope. Avoid the temptation to add the "6800 uF cap", as it will extend the duration of the VUS transient by > 2x while doing little else.....not to mention the AR7200BX already has one in it.

If you worry that the tail servo can't handle 6V, simply install a 1N4001 diode(cathode towards the servo) inline with the red lead. Do NOT use the Align dual-diode step down, or your tail will be running at < 4V.

Also, apply some epoxy or even hotglue to the two electrolytic caps that "hang" off the ESC's PCB, as they wires will fracture from metal fatigue over time. You can apply the adhesive where the wires are soldered to the PCB.

In addition, ensure that your elevator bellcrank arm doesn't bind on the canopy post at full elevator or you'll be frying elevator servos.

Check your main and tail blade balance.

Ensure that the AR7200BX is firmly attached. Sometimes the double sided tape will have loosened during shipment from the orient.

These are the main RTF issues.

FWIW
EEngineer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2014, 12:13 AM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey guys on my new V2 I just wanted to go through the beast x swash setup menus like you said after a crash (got level an pitch gauge now). When I'm clicking through the letters it will only go to H then goes back to normal receiver mode. Any idea why I can't get all the last letters??

Edit: I was in the parameters not setup. Got it!
RFish is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2014, 11:59 AM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tell your lhs to call hh and get an price adjustment. Then he can sell it at the current market value. That's what my lhs did for me. I bought the v1 for 399 before the v2 was available from my lhs even though he had it priced at 499.
rebobby is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2014, 03:37 PM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
As mentioned in another thread regarding what the ESC voltage switch is set at when it leaves the H.H. warehouse, I noted that I sent an email to H.H. support regarding this query back on Sept 3rd.

Well, they just got back with me a few minutes ago. They said "The ESC comes in the lower setting, which is 5.5v. I hope this helps." I sent another email request asking why 5.5v when 6v is available?
Nothing really to see here. I just wanted to bring closure to this topic. Per the quote above I responded back to HH as to why then send the ESC out with the 450X V2 set at 5V if the new tail servos were capable of 6V?

I just got my reply back saying; "This is the standard setting of the ESC as the product was tested successfully with this setting. The servo's can handle the 6v however."

So, there you have it officially, FWIW
450X V2, mCPX V2, 120 SR, DX6i TX, icharger 106b & Junsi P350 Watt DC, Hyperion & Glacier Batt's, EP Buddy Safe 40A ParaBoard, RC Logger Digital Pitch Gauge, Maglev Blade Balancer, Quantum LV Alarm & Voltage Tester, T3chDad RC Flight Log Android App
KySky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2014, 12:16 PM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

im running the eflight heli 450 motor with the stock esc so i set mine back to 5volts just for a piece of mind
bladeguy5 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2014, 11:10 PM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

You dont understand how electricity works - the lower the voltage - the higher the amps needed to do same job - hence - you just stressed the system more......

That's the whole ideal of running 6v - not for bragging rights.....

--
Old 09-23-2014, 01:02 AM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Nothing really to see here. I just wanted to bring closure to this topic. Per the quote above I responded back to HH as to why then send the ESC out with the 450X V2 set at 5V if the new tail servos were capable of 6V?

I just got my reply back saying; "This is the standard setting of the ESC as the product was tested successfully with this setting. The servo's can handle the 6v however."

So, there you have it officially, FWIW
Thanks Ky -
tulebender is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2014, 03:28 AM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumOFparts View Post
You dont understand how electricity works - the lower the voltage - the higher the amps needed to do same job - hence - you just stressed the system more......

--
Also most servos work faster and have more torque running at 6v as opposed to 5v.
andycrazy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2014, 12:22 PM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 09-23-2014, 12:22 PM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

--
Old 09-23-2014, 05:05 PM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:

--
In general this is true, as long as something else changes to allow for the higher voltage. In the case of a servo, however, you've changed nothing. The gearing stays the same, the motor kv stays the same, and the load stays the same. So, when you feed a servo more voltage, it will also consume more amps.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:46 PM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPlaneChris View Post
In general this is true, as long as something else changes to allow for the higher voltage. In the case of a servo, however, you've changed nothing. The gearing stays the same, the motor kv stays the same, and the load stays the same. So, when you feed a servo more voltage, it will also consume more amps.
So my theory is correct, if you want to play it safe in an attempt to not stress the stock esc esp after you have changed motors the safe bet is to leave them at 6v?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2014, 11:04 PM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPlaneChris View Post
+1 - JPC has it right!

As to which voltage to set the ESC to, I don't think there will be a noticeable difference either way, nor do I think there would be significantly more stress on the ESC either way. That's just my opinion/intuition - I have not done any sort of extensive testing.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:09 PM   #114 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 on that - dont think it makes much of a difference - I just put mine at the 6V settings to make me feel good......

Most likely the 5V setting puts out 5.3 and the 6V around 5.8 - so not much difference...
I just always ran the the ds76t at the straight 6v with no ill effects........................................... .............................................

-
Old 10-08-2014, 10:38 PM   #115 (permalink)
Registered Users

Things have been awesome with the v2. Got my first two crashes outta the way on a heli bigger then micro an bin good ever since. Flipping an rolling an sloppy tic tocs an inverted are coming along. Only thing is do you guys find the motor a bit gutless or do I just have to not be as aggressive on the sticks(collective management). On the sims you can pretty much slam sticks to do tic tocs. Is this not true in real life with all helis??? Or with the big helis an big motors does the bog not happen??
Old 10-09-2014, 03:49 AM   #116 (permalink)
Registered Users

3S machine is easy to bog - that's reason for the 'dominator' series.

You can try higher head speeds - but with flight time cost.

Or switch to higher 'C' packs - I can definitely feel the difference between the 35C and the 45C pulse ultras........

-
Old 10-09-2014, 07:54 AM   #117 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ugh already got a couple 50C packs and run 100 flat throttle. Would it help if a guy just tried 10 degrees of pitch both ways instead or would that make have not enough pop.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:50 AM   #118 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFish View Post
Ugh already got a couple 50C packs and run 100 flat throttle. Would it help if a guy just tried 10 degrees of pitch both ways instead or would that make have not enough pop.
It just depends on your flying style, but if you're at the point where you want to do tic-tocs you're probably not going to be happy with 10 degrees of pitch.

Most people who've had one of these for a while realizes the stock components are kind of weak. They work OK and if you have finely tuned collective management skills you can make the best of it. But they are what they are...the cheapest Chinese crap that Horizon could source to keep the costs down without pissing off too many customers with an ounce of experience. They know that newbies won't know any better. The V2 is a slight improvement, but basically the very least they could get away with calling a "new" version. Anyways, if you really want a powerhouse of a 450 you're better off upgrading at least the motor and ESC if you want to stick with this model long term. Kinda defeats the whole idea of a Bind-and-fly model right? You wouldn't be the first one with that sentiment.
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in