Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2009, 10:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Flymentor servo and wiring help for beginners

Before we start please disconnect your motor and set your transmitter swash type to one servo. If you have this correct only one servo will move per stick movement.
Flymentor ( FM ) can be made to work wired different way's but we will wire it as per manual.
Connect aileron servo to port No 1 on FM module, pitch servo to port 2, elevator to port 3 and tail servo to port 5. Now connect FM to your receiver, plug with 3 wires to aileron socket,yellow to elevator,orange to pitch, rudder normally port 4, green gyro sensitivity normaly port 5 and blue FM sensitivity to aux normaly 7.
Load Helibal onto computer and power up FM, you should have a flicking green light.Now connect cable and FM should link with programme.
Click on read and programme will read FM settings.
Click on servo tab and operate collective pitch stick and change direction on any servos ( in the programme not transmitter ) so that all three servos are raising the swash ( lowering on mini titan ).and send to FM.
Now operate elevator and aileron, if either or both are moving the swash the wrong way click on control and reverse it or them and send to FM. Sticks should now be operating correcty. If you cannot get this to work go to control and reverse pitch ( this should read collective pitch ) click servo tab and start again.
Now lift the heli and tip it the swash should move in the opposite direction to correct, if it does job done. If the swash moves in the same direction click on servo tab and reverse aileron,elevator and pitch servos and send to FM. Now click on control and reverse aileron,elevator and pitch, send to flymentor and test again. It should now all work.
If this does not work for you, I'm afraid you will have to change some servo directions in your transmitter and it will be difficult to set up, I have not had to do this but some guy's have I don't understand why. Remember servo tab will reverse servos and control tab will reverse stick directions
For those of you useing futaba all servo's are set to normal in my transmitter with or without FM. Hope this helps some of you please let me know.
Happy flying Ivor Hill.

Last edited by Ivor Hill; 12-01-2009 at 05:57 PM.. Reason: correction
Ivor Hill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2009, 11:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ivor has it down quite well. This is the exact wiring and set up for my DX-7/AR7000, Flymentor, on a Heli-Max AXE 400. Basiclly, if the sticks were correct before Flymentor, I would not do servo reverse on the transmitter, as it would only add to the confusion on setup. Thank you Ivor, and Nightflyr, the helifreak theads, have helped immensely.
Brad
bahnzai is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2009, 04:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahnzai View Post
Ivor has it down quite well. This is the exact wiring and set up for my DX-7/AR7000, Flymentor, on a Heli-Max AXE 400. Basiclly, if the sticks were correct before Flymentor, I would not do servo reverse on the transmitter, as it would only add to the confusion on setup. Thank you Ivor, and Nightflyr, the helifreak theads, have helped immensely.
Brad
Hi Brad please post the servo reverse position on you dx7 it may be a great help to others. Thank you Ivor
Old 12-02-2009, 06:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

DX-7, AR7000, Flymentor, Heli-Max Axe400
ch 1 Throttle Norm
ch 2 Aileron Norm
ch 3 Elevator Rev
ch 4 Rudder Rev
ch 5 Gear Norm Green Wire
ch 6 Pitch Rev
ch 7 Aux 2 Norm Blue Wire
I am running about 30% gyro gain, but have not fine tuned it yet.
Brad

Last edited by bahnzai; 12-02-2009 at 07:04 PM.. Reason: clarification
bahnzai is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2009, 07:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Trex 450 clone, Flymentor, Futaba

The led red+green by fm controller is light, mean only balancing.
The direction of the movement of servo and the opposite direction of swash are correct.

The problem is that the gyro is not locked.
How to programm it by futaba?
Jroth is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2009, 02:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jroth View Post

The direction of the movement of servo and the opposite direction of swash are correct.

Are you using the the software to set your gyro gain or trying the gyro sense menu in your Tx?

nightflyr

nightflyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2009, 05:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflyr View Post
Are you using the the software to set your gyro gain or trying the gyro sense menu in your Tx?

nightflyr
yes I use the software to set gyro.

by Gyro-Tab:
- Gyro Sense 70
- other default

Advance-Tab:
- default value
Old 12-03-2009, 08:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
yes I use the software to set gyro.

by Gyro-Tab:
- Gyro Sense 70
- other default

Advance-Tab:
- default value
Might be that your internal gyro can not handle the task..could try kicking the gain on it up through the software a few notches and see if that helps

nightflyr

nightflyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2009, 11:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

HI,
If you are useing the software to set gyro gain disconect the green wire ( gyro gain ) from your receiver and try again.This wire should not be conected if you are useing the software to control gyro gain. You only connect this wire if you use your radio to control gyro gain. If you connect it gyro gain will be disabled in the software.
What model futaba radio are you useing ?.
Ivor

Last edited by Ivor Hill; 12-03-2009 at 11:38 AM.. Reason: add
Old 12-03-2009, 05:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivor Hill View Post
HI,
If you are useing the software to set gyro gain disconect the green wire ( gyro gain ) from your receiver and try again.This wire should not be conected if you are useing the software to control gyro gain. You only connect this wire if you use your radio to control gyro gain. If you connect it gyro gain will be disabled in the software.
What model futaba radio are you useing ?.
Ivor
I use futaba T7C 2.4 FASST (7channel). Ok thanks.

Tried using radio to control gyro gain was not successful. By gyro gain setting via software and gyro sense=15 (others default) I see no tail waging.
Test:
led on fm controller is light red+green .
During hovering flight (1/2 meter) the hely moves backwards. All the same wenn setting swash via servo-neutral-elevator.

Last edited by Jroth; 12-03-2009 at 08:34 PM..
Old 12-03-2009, 07:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I use futaba T7C 2.4 FASST (7channel). Ok thanks. I think, its better wenn radio is used to control gyro gain. Is the green cable for gyro gain? b'couse some says that green is blue and the blue is green...that makes me really blue...
I try...thanks.
Hi It,s the green cable for gyro gain. You have to decide what you want to control from your transmiter, gyro gain or flymentor gain. If you control from the transmiter the cable must be connected, if you control from the software the cable must be disconected.
So if you decide to control flymentor gain from software remove blue cable from your receiver.
If you decide to control gyro gain in the software remove the green wire from your receiver.
If the green or blue cables are connected it disables that function in the software,if it did not do this it is possible that both radio and software would be trying to control the gain. Hope this helps. Ivor
Old 12-03-2009, 08:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hi It,s the green cable for gyro gain. You have to decide what you want to control from your transmiter, gyro gain or flymentor gain. If you control from the transmiter the cable must be connected, if you control from the software the cable must be disconected.
So if you decide to control flymentor gain from software remove blue cable from your receiver.
If you decide to control gyro gain in the software remove the green wire from your receiver.
If the green or blue cables are connected it disables that function in the software,if it did not do this it is possible that both radio and software would be trying to control the gain. Hope this helps. Ivor
OK, now is green and blue not connected.
Test:
led on fm controller is light red+green .
During hovering flight (1/2 meter) the hely moves backwards. All the same wenn setting swash via servo-neutral-elevator.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

my Flymentor setting:

[Mounting]-Tab
Mounting orientation -> Front
Main rotor direction -> Right
Swashplate -> 3s 120

[Servo]-Tab
Reverse:
Servo 1 -> Rev
Servo 2 -> Nor
Servo 3 -> Rev
Servo 4 -> -
Servo 5 -> Nor
Neutral:
Aileron -> 30
Elevator -> -40
Pitch -> 0
Servo 4 -
Tail servo -> -60

[Control]-Tab
Reverse:
Aileron -> Nor; Travel -> 100
Elevator -> Nor; Travel -> 100
Pitch -> Nor; Travel -> 100
Yaw -> Nor

[Tail Gyro]-Tab
Gyro sense -> 15
Yaw rate -> 9 (default)
Yaw expo -> 3 (default)
Pitch to tail mix -> 0 (default)
Servo travel limit -> 100 (default)
Expert settings:
Sensor gain -> 4 (default)
Tail delay -> 6 (default)
Heading hold angel range -> 6 (default)

[Advance]-Tab
Balancer gain -> -70
Neutral roll attitude -> 5 (default)
Horizontal and Position mode:
Total sensor gain 8 (default)
Stick sensivity gain -> 5 (default)
Position mode only:
Position sens.gain -> 8 (default)
Forward freewheel -> 8 (default)
Expert settings:
Manual override ability -> 5 (default)
Elevator gain -> 7 (default)
Stick response accelerator -> 8 (default)
Positioning speed -> 8 (default)

now can the Hely fly relatif calmly....but when helicopter lean to front, the swashplate lean to front too. what is to do...
Old 12-04-2009, 11:56 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
my Flymentor setting:

now can the Hely fly relatif calmly....but when helicopter lean to front, the swashplate lean to front too. what is to do...
HI try this, reverse elevator servo in transmitter, revervse elevator under control tab and send to flymentor. Please let me know if this works.It may be better to start in position mode, change balancergain to + 70. Ivor

Last edited by Ivor Hill; 12-04-2009 at 12:31 PM.. Reason: add more
Old 12-04-2009, 04:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
HI try this, reverse elevator servo in transmitter, revervse elevator under control tab and send to flymentor. Please let me know if this works.It may be better to start in position mode, change balancergain to + 70. Ivor
elevator is by transmitter and flymentor (under control tab) in REV position and balancer gain is +70...save => but still not works.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:20 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
elevator is by transmitter and flymentor (under control tab) in REV position and balancer gain is +70...save => but still not works.
Hi Looking at your helicopter from the rear ( nose at 12 o'clock)what servo are you calling aileron the right hand or left hand. Ivor

Last edited by Ivor Hill; 12-04-2009 at 04:21 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 12-04-2009, 04:48 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hi Looking at your helicopter from the rear ( nose at 12 o'clock)what servo are you calling aileron the right hand or left hand. Ivor
ok Jroth I can see by your schematic that you call the left hand servo pitch. I do not think you will make it work. Change aileron and pitch servos on the flymentor module so that port 1 is aileron, port 2 is pitch and 3 is elevator. Start set up again.
I am going to write some new instructions explaining this. Ivor
Old 12-04-2009, 05:14 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
ok Jroth I can see by your schematic that you call the left hand servo pitch. I do not think you will make it work. Change aileron and pitch servos on the flymentor module so that port 1 is aileron, port 2 is pitch and 3 is elevator. Start set up again.
I am going to write some new instructions explaining this. Ivor
OK, I have just swaped port 1 and port 2 by FM controller. Now is throttle and elevator exchanged.
I have swaped the yellow and orange cable.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:59 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can now normal hover.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:01 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
OK, I have just swaped port 1 and port 2 by FM controller. Now is throttle and elevator exchanged.
I have swaped the yellow and orange cable.
No do not swap the yellow and orange cables, orange must go to port 6 and yellow port 2. You must now adjust servo normal and reverse and control normal and reverse to make it work. But you can try my settings if you want. These are my settings.
In transmitter set servo reverse channels 1 2 and 6 to normal. In software set servo 1 normal servo 2 reverse and servo 3 normal, send to flymentor.control tab set aileron normal, elevator reverse and pitch normal and send to flymentor.Let me know if this works. Where are you from ?.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in