Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One)

DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One) DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One) Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 08:40 AM   #61 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

spoke with Atlanta Hobby... they hope to have the Naza H in stock next week. the GPS antenna for Naza M DOES NOT work with Naza H...
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 01:29 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Naza-H GPS cable is a bit longer, that's the only difference.
Trirota is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 06:50 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Will these units tolerate the vibes of a gasser or nitro heli?

I only fly gassers and would like to know if any of the Beta Testers tryed the NAZA-H on a fuel powered heli.
Are have any owners of the WOOKONG-H have used that unit on a fuel powered heli?
Flights 141
DEDO is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 07:52 AM   #64 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trirota View Post
Naza-H GPS cable is a bit longer, that's the only difference.
I was told it uses a different firmware ant they are not compatible... How sit you confirm this? It would be GREAT if it could be "hot swappable" with my Naza m

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-21-2012, 09:21 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

I own two WK H -L and was told the GPS module of NAZA H is not compatible with my WK H L. I was hoping it was swappable and that would give me another reason to get the Naza H combo. But it looks similar from the outside though.
kittiwat1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 01:29 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

On page 8 of the quick start guide, regarding switching between normal/ATTI/GPS ATTI modes
http://www.atlantahobby.com/Store/pc...idcategory=942

"Note: Do not move any Tx joystick when switching the mode switch, and do not switch the mode switch while the helicoper is flying inverted."

So basically, this unit doesn't provide any bailout function???
Old 11-21-2012, 02:01 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRunner View Post

So basically, this unit doesn't provide any bailout function???
The person I spoke with said it does have a bailout function that will upright the model (which I would call self level, not bailout... big difference), then it will automatically fly the model 20 meters up, and from there, return to target (much more like a "bailout" just not a fan of the concept of some sort of autopilot taking over all the way back to the takeoff location).

I dunno... The guy I spoke with at AtlantaHobby didn't really seem very well educated on the system and it is very hard to find info online.

Except for beginners, scale pilots, and AP guys though... I prefer the "anytime anywhere" SL and captain rescue of HeliCommand.

NAZA H looks like a nice piece of gear though. But since I don't sit there and burn my packs down in a hover; and since I actually like to take off and land all on my own, it doesn't seem to suit my type of flying.

Innovation breeds competition in the marketplace though, so hat's off to DJI!
Old 11-21-2012, 02:24 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Seasick - looking at the quick start guide and the product pages on DJI's website (now properly live by the way), I think it's fairly safe to say Atlanta are mis-informed.

There is absolutely no mention anywhere of any return to target/home modes, nothing about hovering at 20m (both these are features of the Naza-M so perhaps Atlanta is getting confused here), and certainly it appears that there is currently not a "bail out" as such.

In fact, according to the quick start guide you must always take off in manual, so semi-auto take off isn't even there yet (there's a note saying it will be included with the next firmware update).

sounds like a somewhat incomplete product really lol.. at least it definitely says Altitude limits: Radio Control Range across all modes, including GPS atti. That's something I guess.

For me the interest is FPV use... I'm sure that the FPV/AP market is the primary target here (at least with the GPS module).
Align T-Rex 600 EFL Pro, SK720/600MX/YGE-90HV/BL9180/BL9188
zeeflyboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 02:43 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

bummer!
I thought they would combine 3D with GPS, so by activating the GPS ATTI function, the bird will stay put. I don't really care about RTH. Just need bailout.

Then that's a weird combination...3D + GPS, but GPS functions only work in normal upright flights.

Well...cross off the shopping list then.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:03 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Feels like they missed a trick too with tail gain....

Looking at the software you can set the fore/aft and left/right cyclic gain, and the vertical altitude gain but for some inexplicable reason you can't set the tail gain in the software.

If they allowed you to set tail gain as a numeric value in the software like you can with every other gain, it would free you from having to use up a channel just for setting tail gain. Seeing as in FPV/AP you really can do with all the channels you can get this seems somewhat foolish.
Align T-Rex 600 EFL Pro, SK720/600MX/YGE-90HV/BL9180/BL9188
zeeflyboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 09:16 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

I noticed from their website that Naza H does not maintain altitude unless you buy the GPS module to go along with it. My WKH-L will maintain altitude without the GPS module. It is not a critical function but it makes life easier while flying.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:01 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittiwat1 View Post
My WKH-L will maintain altitude without the GPS module
Be sure, the Naza-H also will do so!

Trirota
Old 11-23-2012, 12:28 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

HTML Code:
[HTML]Be sure, the Naza-H also will do so!
[/HTML]
May be I've missed it while glancing the product description at their website but if this function is included I'll be a happy man as I plan to get the one without GPS module. By the way, Helicommand Rigid V2 is even priced below the combo set of Naza H (i.e. the controller, GPS module and BEC). I think it's around USD 400 something for the Helicommand. Worth looking into also.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:40 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Available in Germany now at Globe-Flight.de

Marcell
Old 11-28-2012, 05:22 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Trirota!
I am looking closely at this unit for the new year. Just waiting for more to do test flights on it first
Valkman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 01:45 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi there,

tried to read all the pages... but did not see anything about a hard deck?! I would thing that the ability to prevent a heli from crashing, would be a huge selling point?! Apparently, I am wrong?! What do you guys think, is there a chance of getting a hard deck down the road?! I do not own any DJI products, so I have no idea how many "features" they did add in the past, via firmware upgrade?!

thanks,

G

p.s. I am not sure how the "maintaining of altitude" works
neavissa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 06:04 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

For me I am not interested in it of it adds $500 to the price. I am only really interested in the GPS hold as I plan on using it on an AP rig so I don't plan on doing 3d or anything, even if I could!
Valkman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 09:39 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't think it has hard deck. I have their DJI NAZA for multicopter as well. I believe the functionality are about the same with this DJI NAZA-H. Basically, they both have Altitude Hold and also GPS hold. For the NAZA-H version, that's about it. Nothing more. The multicopter version has a few more other features such as RTH and auto landing.

In short, the GPS functions are more for AP rigs. Not really target for bail out use.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:08 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley888 View Post
I don't think it has hard deck. I have their DJI NAZA for multicopter as well. I believe the functionality are about the same with this DJI NAZA-H. Basically, they both have Altitude Hold and also GPS hold. For the NAZA-H version, that's about it. Nothing more. The multicopter version has a few more other features such as RTH and auto landing.

In short, the GPS functions are more for AP rigs. Not really target for bail out use.
Thanks for the info! I figured that, thats what it is! Too bad. Maybe they can add that in the future! Should be just a firmware update, needless to say, it isn't even that hard to program...

thanks,
G
neavissa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 03:19 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

NAZA-H+GPS Autopilot System has GPS Module(optional), Attitude Stabilization, and perfect Flybarless System and Tail Gyro (Including Pirouette Compensation, Auto Trim, Suitable for Different Flying Styles, etc)

Naza-H will have more useful functions included according to customers' requirements, such as Neutral-Position Recordable and Semi-auto Take-off/Landing. We will have these two functions available firstly.

Regarding Return-to-Home and IOC some customers talked about in some forums, we don't have the plan at this early stage. Will make it announced here if we have the plan.

DJI Innovations is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in