Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2014, 08:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Sale on Brushless Motor Today

Horizon Hobby under their daily deals, 39.99 instead of 49.99. Of course, I got it 10 days ago for 49.99 from them.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/category...rlay1_11212014
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2014, 02:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Moved sorry, old age kicked in!
Inat90degrees is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2014, 04:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I still have a great deal to learn with flying. I just started with Helis and CP last April, so I am very new (although I've lost my mind with how many I now have )

With that said I am interested in more 3d with my Nano (now). Stock was great. I can't really say I fly inside, I don't count my limited movements flying I have a ball outside. Mostly flying 8's and other patterns. For that, my stock Nano was great. I also hover upside down and have progressed to moving around. The stock motor is good for that also, in the first one to two mins of flight. Now, I would like to move to tic tocks and more advanced flying.

I've only had the new motor outside for about 5 packs. The weather is not just cold, but extremely windy for the past two weeks. I got the new motor because I had a coupon for 15% plus another $10, so I ordered a few things I was going to hold off on (including my new 180 cpx). I will come back once I've had more time with the motor, but if you want more 3D, you will need more power it seems.

Also, if you are thinking about a brushless motor, you will need to upgrade your batteries. The stock ones seem to trip to low voltage from time to time. You will find yourself not only without power in the air, but the quick shut down of the motor will result in you spinning to the ground (since the blades stop spinning and all that force transfers to the body and it spins). I plan on picking up new batteries this weekend (or ordering them).

In regards to other upgrades, I caught another sale on the micro heli power set for $30 instead of $60-$70 it normally costs, I put that on also. I have "flown" inside but have not been able to get outside because of the weather since i added the power set (aluminum swash... http://us.microheli.com/heli-upgrade...-nano-cpx.html). I like the swash, the stock can bend easily when working on the heli and attaching the servo rods. However, to comment in regards to performance, I will need more flight time.

The only other "mod" I have are bright colored blades to make it easy for me to see. I stay away from blue and green since they match the grass and sky (and any dark colors). Love orange ones for this reason.

Really, I was interested in the motor and swash upgrades for some time and only got them since they were on sale. To me, stock is great until you are ready for a bit more, then you can either go up a size, or get the brushless motor. So far it is an upgrade. The swash and other CNC parts, the swash made me feel better when working on the heli and not bending crap. I can be a little rough at times with these hams, I mean hands. The other CNC parts no so much of an impact for me. And last, the different blades help me see the bird from a distance and are worth it.

Hope someone finds this helpful. Maybe I should rename this thread.

I will post an update as I put in more time. Also, please post about your experiences. Thanks everyone for reading...
Old 12-11-2014, 10:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moved to a new thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in