Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos > MSH Mini Protos

MSH Mini Protos MSH Mini Protos Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 11:01 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott s View Post
JEEZ! Just adjust the dang swash to grip links to be what ever they need to get 0 degree collective at exactly mid stick. You can use a ruler to "eyeball" the length needed to get them close and go from there.
Exactly! And it won;t be 17mm it will be about 21.2 lol. But 17mm servo to swash works well. I don;t think it is perfect however but it is good enough.

As for the swash leveler, it works fine. Just levels the top of the swash which is not what needs to be leveled. You want to level the top of the servo balls. But its close enough. Doesn't matter. In the end, the blades need to track right. You will have to use some trim to get there. Swash leveler is the best starting point you are going to get.

Mini Prôtos 6S Stretch - DS95/DS95i, Mini V-Bar, YGE60 VBAR Ready
CrashAddict is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 11:10 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashAddict View Post
Exactly! And it won;t be 17mm it will be about 21.2 lol.
Who said the swash to grip lengths would be 17 between the plastic links, I sure did NOT ?? They need to be whatever they need to be. Just for kicks I just measured mine and they are 21.05mm between the plastic links!!
scott s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 12:52 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

lol.. No, you did not. You didn't specifically say that you were talking about servo to swash either lol. I thought 17 servo to swash was self evident. Like you sead, puts the anti rotation pin in the middle of the bracket. Keeps the swash low on the main shaft.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:54 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ha! Too funny! Yes Scott, I used the SK setup to center servos and get them as close to 90 as I could eyeball before attaching them to the frame. So do my best to center swash with leveler by adjusting links, and fine tune with servo trim in SK setup. Got it. Same method for leveling swash at low and high stick as well I assume?
Old 12-12-2012, 02:04 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty89m View Post
Ha! Too funny! Yes Scott, I used the SK setup to center servos and get them as close to 90 as I could eyeball before attaching them to the frame. So do my best to center swash with leveler by adjusting links, and fine tune with servo trim in SK setup. Got it. Same method for leveling swash at low and high stick as well I assume?
Sk has a dedicated funtion for high and low collective stick leveling I believe. A lot of fbl units do not as the gyros on cyclic take care of it anyway's. I have found with good servos and an anal set up LOL! that swash remains level at high and low anyway's but regardless I am pretty sure SK has this function. I now fly hc3sx on all my helis except my 450 airwolf that will retain beastx. LOVE the hc3sx. Its bailout is the best bar none. Definitley will keep crash costs down to probably zero lol.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:34 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Well..

You can;t change the link length to adjust it at top and bottom if you used it to level it at center because then it will be oiff at center. The links have to remain one length for all three setups.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashAddict View Post
You can;t change the link length to adjust it at top and bottom if you used it to level it at center because then it will be oiff at center. The links have to remain one length for all three setups.
You do not change link length ! With a flybar head you would adjust your travels (endpoints, atv's etc) to level at high and low collective. As I said some fbl units have a dedicated function to do this. V-bar for sure and pretty sure skookum. Changing travels with fbl will not do squat in this application. The gyros are gonna take care of any unlevelness at high and low because they will sense an uncommanded movement. This is why not all fbl units have this function in there set up modes. A properly done set up with good servos usually wont need any adjustment anyways. Your servo arms would have to be WAY off to have a detrimental difference in the swash high and low.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in