Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2009, 06:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default CAN YOU CHANGE FROM 72MHZ TO 2.4GHZ?

hey just wondering if you can swap out the tx/rx and install 2.4ghz tx/rx. is 2.4ghz that much better? whats the diffrence other than the ability to fly more than 1 heli in the same space?
eskyfreak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2009, 06:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes, you can. The benefits of 2.4 GHz are outlined pretty well here:
http://www.redrockethobbies.com/Spek...logy_s/264.htm
and here:
http://spektrumrc.com/DSM/Technology/spekTech.aspx

You can fly more than one heli in the same space using 72MHz as well, you just need to be using different frequencies.
kronin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2009, 06:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

do u just buy the tx and rx and take off the old 72mhz stuff, plug ur servos and motor in and go?
eskyfreak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2009, 07:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Plug your servos and ESC in, bind the receiver to the transmitter, program the transmitter, rebind after programming, then go, yeah. If you're going 2.4 GHz, you should probably get a separate BEC as well to make sure the receiver gets a nice clean power source.
kronin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2009, 08:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have a JR XP6102 which is a 72 mhz radio. With PCM, it's digital so I don't get glitching on my radios. I guess the main advantage of going digital for me would be less interference from other flyers -- but I'm not a member of a club, so I'm not sure how significant that would be for me.

One advantage of staying on 75 mhz for me is that 72 mhz gear is getting really cheap! An AR6200 receiver is $70 each, but the JR790UL receiver is $35. If you have multiple helis, it can add up!

Karen
"Tarbosaurus" HDX-450 SE v4 flown 96x crashed 7x 2221-8 v2; D202MGs; 2100T+DS290G belt cp 450 fl/cr 35:11x HK-450fl/cr 22:4 e-smart 600 fl/cr 13:1 Lama V4 fl 7 HK-T500 fl/cr 5:1 3026-1210; HS-225MGs DX6i Total flights: 171; crashes: 24 "Accident Free for 1 Flights!" --- www.tarbosaurus.org
nasukaren is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2009, 08:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nasukaren, I'm kind of new to this stuff, so this may sound like a dumb question. Would the JR XP6102 system you mentioned be ok for an Esky ES600? I hope to start building one some time in the near future. I would also like to use it for my HBPP and my Belt CP if possable. Where did you buy yours and about what does it cost? Any info you could provide would be appreciated. Thanks.

Donnie D
Esky Dauphin
Esky HBFP (Super Skids)
Esky Belt CP (Super Skids)
Donnie D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2009, 08:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

2.4 is the way to go. All the silly glitching of the 72Mhz goes away just like that! And on top of it you have full control of your servo end points, zero points, throttle curve, pitch curve, and even your swash mix! Plus you get to adjust your Gyro gain acurately to 0.5%. Best upgrade so far. Expensive, but totally worth it.
1) Esky Belt CP, Telebee Head Lock Gyro, Dynam 30A ESC, TowerPro SG-90 servos, B400 Main Gear, DX6i Radio. 2) EXI 450MA, Tower Pro servos, Logictech gyro, ExceedRC Volcano 30A ESC, HDX 3550 motor, DX6i . 3) Gaui 200 V1, Spectrum cyclic servos, Logictech gyro/servo
MarcinCP is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2009, 07:08 AM   #8 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Spektrum makes 2.4 modules for certain Futaba radios, so you might not even have to purchase a new transmitter, just the module and a receiver.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I dunno, I'm sticking with 72mhz PCM for now. The way I see it:

72mhz pros
=========
Everything is cheaper
PCM doesn't glitch / digital performance
No receiver reboot issues

2.4 ghz advantages
===============
Ummm..... can't think of any right now

Digital PCM doesn't glitch like the old analog PPM used to, even with 72 mhz. Since I dont' fly at AMA fields with other flyers, interference with other 72 mhz transmitters isn't really an issue for me.

Karen
"Tarbosaurus" HDX-450 SE v4 flown 96x crashed 7x 2221-8 v2; D202MGs; 2100T+DS290G belt cp 450 fl/cr 35:11x HK-450fl/cr 22:4 e-smart 600 fl/cr 13:1 Lama V4 fl 7 HK-T500 fl/cr 5:1 3026-1210; HS-225MGs DX6i Total flights: 171; crashes: 24 "Accident Free for 1 Flights!" --- www.tarbosaurus.org
nasukaren is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2009, 01:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasukaren View Post
I dunno, I'm sticking with 72mhz PCM for now. The way I see it:

72mhz pros
=========
Everything is cheaper
PCM doesn't glitch / digital performance
No receiver reboot issues

2.4 ghz advantages
===============
Ummm..... can't think of any right now

Digital PCM doesn't glitch like the old analog PPM used to, even with 72 mhz. Since I dont' fly at AMA fields with other flyers, interference with other 72 mhz transmitters isn't really an issue for me.

Karen
Hey Karen,

The only 2 advantages of 2.4Ghz in reference to your equipment is
1) Power consumption of the Tx - Higher freq requires less transmit power. My 72Mhz tx required 8 AA bats, the Spektrum 2.4Ghz requires only 4
2) Most 2.4Ghz Tx transmit on 2 frequencies (within 2.40 - 2.4999 Ghz band), so interference is never an issue.

I had a cheap Esky Tx that glitched and didn't allow me to do any tuning. I figured if I'm going to spend money on a new Tx I might as well get the real deal. But I can see tour point, if you have no isses with your radio gear and you can adjust pitch/throttle curves, 72Mhz is way cheaper.
1) Esky Belt CP, Telebee Head Lock Gyro, Dynam 30A ESC, TowerPro SG-90 servos, B400 Main Gear, DX6i Radio. 2) EXI 450MA, Tower Pro servos, Logictech gyro, ExceedRC Volcano 30A ESC, HDX 3550 motor, DX6i . 3) Gaui 200 V1, Spectrum cyclic servos, Logictech gyro/servo
MarcinCP is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in