Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Helicopters

Electric Helicopters Dedicated to larger than Micro/Mini Electric Helicopters of any Brand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2011, 11:20 AM   #141 (permalink)
Registered Users

See also these blades
http://www.smartmodel.com.hk/product...0&third_id=156

and this discussion about scale blades, at this page ehirobo ones are discussed
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ax+rpm&page=20
alexaglob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2011, 01:31 PM   #142 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexaglob View Post
Yeah, i've seen it as i got the notification email from Youtube, i'm one of your funs.
The only motor driven tail heli i have is the small Walkera CB100 and i'm not very fond of it. I like my gear tail driven micros more. Logicaly the second motor must also need more juice from the batts.
Anyway, what size of tail motor the bee needs?

Yeah I keep forgetting about the notification thing. Yep don’t blame ya…motorize tails suck…yep I said it…they suck big time. I guess I like banging my head against a tree, because I keep messing around with helicopters that use tail motors…I just can help myself.

Yeah a motorize tail does pull more juice from the battery, but there’s less drag on the main motor, so it kind of equals out. The stock Bee tail is gear and uses a N30 brushed motor. Most people upgrade to the DD setup which is basically any N60 motor you can get your hands on. The preferred choice is the CP3 DD motor and Prop. The N60 motor is 12mm by 30mm, but any 12mm diameter motor could work given the right setup. Both the Feigao and Turnigy motors I’m trying are 12mm by 30mm 4100kv brushless inrunners. I wish I could find one this size, but have a kv rating of around 3800…that just might be the ticket.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:38 PM   #143 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thinking to paint the bottom or part of it that is white with the glow in the dark paint i have, its lighting is aqua-blue in the dark.
Can’t wait to see how it turns out

Quote:

They are scale like and damn cheap. I think they also have carbon or glassfiber ones around $25? checking...
yep here, http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_...oducts_id=8480

Hey Bro I’m with ya…for the money it is definitely worth trying them. I just wanted you to be the guinea pig

Quote:
Got it thinking i'll need it when i go over 450 as i already had RX2612V for one of those. The price was dead cheap comparing with Walkera parts, so grabbed it.
And thanks to you, that’s why I’m going to grab it on my next order.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:39 PM   #144 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
See also these blades
http://www.smartmodel.com.hk/product...0&third_id=156

and this discussion about scale blades, at this page ehirobo ones are discussed
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ax+rpm&page=20

Sweet!
I don’t have time to read it now, but will check it out later.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:05 PM   #145 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELIHANKSTER View Post
Yeah I keep forgetting about the notification thing. Yep don’t blame ya…motorize tails suck…yep I said it…they suck big time. I guess I like banging my head against a tree, because I keep messing around with helicopters that use tail motors…I just can help myself.

Yeah a motorize tail does pull more juice from the battery, but there’s less drag on the main motor, so it kind of equals out. The stock Bee tail is gear and uses a N30 brushed motor. Most people upgrade to the DD setup which is basically any N60 motor you can get your hands on. The preferred choice is the CP3 DD motor and Prop. The N60 motor is 12mm by 30mm, but any 12mm diameter motor could work given the right setup. Both the Feigao and Turnigy motors I’m trying are 12mm by 30mm 4100kv brushless inrunners. I wish I could find one this size, but have a kv rating of around 3800…that just might be the ticket.
Have you tried this?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9069

I've used it for converting my 1S Walkera 4#6 to 2S, it is fantastic for that purpose.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOtFmbCL50Q[/ame]
Old 09-10-2011, 08:56 AM   #146 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Have you tried this?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9069

I've used it for converting my 1S Walkera 4#6 to 2S, it is fantastic for that purpose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOtFmbCL50Q
Actually I feel pretty stupid…I said the Turnigy motor I had was 4100kv, I guess I was thinking of the Feigao motor which is 4100kv. The turnigy motor I have is the one you listed, it’s 4500kv. I’ll try it out this weekend and let you know.

Awesome!!!! That little bird is badass and I thought my Super Bees were on acid. Wow the 2s conversion really give the 4#6 some serious power…Yeah Baby!
Old 09-10-2011, 09:11 AM   #147 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Actually I feel pretty stupid…I said the Turnigy motor I had was 4100kv, I guess I was thinking of the Feigao motor which is 4100kv. The turnigy motor I have is the one you listed, it’s 4500kv. I’ll try it out this weekend and let you know.

Awesome!!!! That little bird is badass and I thought my Super Bees were on acid. Wow the 2s conversion really give the 4#6 some serious power…Yeah Baby!
Before some months i went to fly out with my little birds for the first time, till that time i was flying, testing, modding and most of all learning in my livingroom.
This bird was the only that could handle the wind.
That was the time i decided to go to 200/250 and finally do the FP mod, although i had the parts already. But i already have bought 2xTurnigy 1230 and 2xTurnigy Plus 6A ESCs to mod a 4G6S and another 4#6 with 45* Bell head. I suppose the 4G6S will be the best of these micros as a CP with 3axis for outdoor with 2S power. With 1S was like a fly in the wind.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:36 AM   #148 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah I know how it is…When I first got my Bee V1 it was in the fall and was windy almost everyday. The bird was so light and under powered that it made it extremely difficult to fly in the wind. I was still learning how to hover and the wind was pushing the little Bee all over the place. My wife had banned me from flying in the house, so I had no choice but to learn how to fly in the wind. I knew if I was going to learn to fly I was going to have to make the Bee handle the wind better or just give it up. That is when the modding started for me…I knew I had to make the Bee heavier so it wouldn’t get pushed around as much, but with the stock under powered main motor, no real amount of weight could be added. My first mod was replacing the stock motor with the X380 motor, then replacing the gear drive tail motor with a DD setup. Now I could add the weight I needed to make the Bee stable. It wasn’t useless weight like adding stripes of lead, it was a larger battery and heavy duty landing gear. As my flying skills improved so did my modding and after a lot of trial and error and a lot of crashing I got the hang of it. Flying in 5 to 10 mph wind was no sweat and by the next summer the weather was clam, there was no wind, I was ripping around the yard having a blast. I am just glad I took my own path and didn’t listen to all the people that told me not to fly the Bee in the wind and modding the Bee was a waste of time. If I had of listened to them I would probably got out of the hobby before I ever got started. Long live the more powerful motor mod…it better to have more power then not enough.

Speaking of a more powerful motor. I did have a chance yesterday to install the Turnigy 4500kv motor on the RX2442 Bee. I was going to try it with the Xtreme prop, but instead went with a smaller SR prop I had. Unfortunately on the first test flight I lost orientation and control. I was traveling too fast and to close to the ground to recover. Before the crash I did land and check the motor temperature and it was running much cooler than the feigao motor, so that’s good news. At first I thought the only damage was the main shaft and canopy, but after giving it a complete check over in the man cave did I realized the crash had taking out both esky servos. No sweat, I’ll have her back together in no time so the testing can continue.

Here’s a few pictures of this killer Bee before the crash. Alex I cant thank you enough for turning me on to the Walkera stuff. The RX2442 receiver is performing way better than I expected. It makes going full brushless a piece of cake…man I wish I had of done this a long time ago. Seriously Bro, the toughness of the Bee combined with the power of full brushless that the RX2442 give ya is unbelievable.

Hehehe...The Bee is so small compared to the FP450 md500

I’m not mad about the crash, but I am ticked off at my stupid Flip cam. I wish it didn’t adjusting for lighting conditions, because it was transitioning when the crash occurred….urrrr. It’s one thing to crash, but not having it on film realing sucks. Anyways at least you can hear how smooth, but at the same time, how evil this little FP killer Bee sounds.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=defN8jskD2s[/ame]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2640 (640x480).jpg
Views:	611
Size:	197.0 KB
ID:	252932   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2641 (640x480).jpg
Views:	434
Size:	187.7 KB
ID:	252933   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2648 (640x480).jpg
Views:	428
Size:	207.0 KB
ID:	252934   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2644 (640x480).jpg
Views:	575
Size:	192.4 KB
ID:	252935  
Old 09-11-2011, 06:08 AM   #149 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Yeah I know how it is…When I first got my Bee V1 it was in the fall and was windy almost everyday. The bird was so light and under powered that it made it extremely difficult to fly in the wind. I was still learning how to hover and the wind was pushing the little Bee all over the place. My wife had banned me from flying in the house, so I had no choice but to learn how to fly in the wind. I knew if I was going to learn to fly I was going to have to make the Bee handle the wind better or just give it up. That is when the modding started for me…I knew I had to make the Bee heavier so it wouldn’t get pushed around as much, but with the stock under powered main motor, no real amount of weight could be added. My first mod was replacing the stock motor with the X380 motor, then replacing the gear drive tail motor with a DD setup. Now I could add the weight I needed to make the Bee stable. It wasn’t useless weight like adding stripes of lead, it was a larger battery and heavy duty landing gear. As my flying skills improved so did my modding and after a lot of trial and error and a lot of crashing I got the hang of it. Flying in 5 to 10 mph wind was no sweat and by the next summer the weather was clam, there was no wind, I was ripping around the yard having a blast. I am just glad I took my own path and didn’t listen to all the people that told me not to fly the Bee in the wind and modding the Bee was a waste of time. If I had of listened to them I would probably got out of the hobby before I ever got started. Long live the more powerful motor mod…it better to have more power then not enough.
Yeah is the way i also like. No offence to others experiences or knowledge but i always like to try different ways and integrate different things to reach my goal.
Ofcourse this has not always the excellent or even positive result, but the journey counts much for me.

Quote:
Speaking of a more powerful motor. I did have a chance yesterday to install the Turnigy 4500kv motor on the RX2442 Bee. I was going to try it with the Xtreme prop, but instead went with a smaller SR prop I had. Unfortunately on the first test flight I lost orientation and control. I was traveling too fast and to close to the ground to recover. Before the crash I did land and check the motor temperature and it was running much cooler than the feigao motor, so that’s good news. At first I thought the only damage was the main shaft and canopy, but after giving it a complete check over in the man cave did I realized the crash had taking out both esky servos. No sweat, I’ll have her back together in no time so the testing can continue.
Do you think is just the smaller rotor or the main shaft gave up on flight? It seems broken like a cucamber in the video.

Quote:
Hehehe...The Bee is so small compared to the FP450 md500
You are right no comparison. That's why your son loves it. I also do, waiting for my fuse eagerly!

Quote:
I’m not mad about the crash, but I am ticked off at my stupid Flip cam. I wish it didn’t adjusting for lighting conditions, because it was transitioning when the crash occurred….urrrr. It’s one thing to crash, but not having it on film realing sucks. Anyways at least you can hear how smooth, but at the same time, how evil this little FP killer Bee sounds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=defN8jskD2s
Indid smooth and evil as all females
Old 09-11-2011, 07:49 AM   #150 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow that sounds like one pissed of bee Nice flying Hank

How does the md500 fuse fill while flying? Does it fill heavy and sluggish?
I have been looking at doing a scale bird. It will be a md500 or an Airwolf w/retracts
hydmech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2011, 08:31 PM   #151 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yeah is the way i also like. No offence to others experiences or knowledge but i always like to try different ways and integrate different things to reach my goal.
Ofcourse this has not always the excellent or even positive result, but the journey counts much for me.
Right on Brother…I’m totally the same way. It’s all about the Journey.

Quote:
Do you think is just the smaller rotor or the main shaft gave up on flight? It seems broken like a cucamber in the video.
No mechanical failure, just lost control and planted that puppy deep into the earth. The Bee was upside down when it hit, so the rotor head and main shaft took the brunt of the crash. I am using a Walkera #4 main shaft in this Bee and when they snap it’s usually in the same location you saw in the video. When I’m using Xtreme shafts, they usually snap just above the main gear where the second hole used for the V1 is located.

Quote:
You are right no comparison. That's why your son loves it. I also do, waiting for my fuse eagerly!
Yeah it’s the helicopter he goes to first when he enters the man cave.

Quote:
Indid smooth and evil as all females
So true…so very true.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:33 PM   #152 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydmech View Post
Wow that sounds like one pissed of bee Nice flying Hank

How does the md500 fuse fill while flying? Does it fill heavy and sluggish?
I have been looking at doing a scale bird. It will be a md500 or an Airwolf w/retracts
Yeah Baby…she’s does sound pissed. The smaller props are screamer, that’s for sure.

You can definitely feel the weight, but it’s not too bad. Cyclic seem fine and reacts good, but the FBL setup is quicker than the stock setup so I don’t know if it will feel sluggish or not using the stock FC head with the Auxiliary rotor.

Sweet Brother, which one are you leaning towards…If I ever run across a deal on a Airwolf fuse, it’s going to be on like Donkey Kong.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:37 PM   #153 (permalink)
Registered Users

I’m very close to getting the first FBL FP450 dialed in on the money. This bird is becoming a dream to fly and I’m getting more comfortable every day with the FBL setup. The FBL setup totally eliminates any ballooning and really smooths out this puppy in forward flight.

Okay you guys are probably going to laugh at this video because it’s the first time I have tried to show hands off flying in one of my videos. As both you guys know, I use a head cam rig to film all my flight and for the most part I think the setup works well…But that was before I tried to show the transmitter and helicopter in the same shot. It’s not as easy as I thought and is kind of funny. When I tried to show the transmitter, all I got was the bottom of it and I totally blew at getting the helicopter and transmitter in the same shot. O well…all I can say is…it not easy being cheesy.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMcl4Csslkw[/ame]
Old 09-11-2011, 08:43 PM   #154 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also had a chance to do some cosmetic work to the md500. I prefer white blades as I am colorblind and white is so much easier for me to see than black. I did want to make the bird more scale like so I compromised and went with black blades with white stripes.

Alex, I figure you would get a kick out of this picture. My son watched me paint the blades and really wanted to help, so later after the paint was dry I let him play with the airbrush gun…He had a ball
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2693 (640x480).jpg
Views:	643
Size:	323.4 KB
ID:	253085   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2689 (640x480).jpg
Views:	514
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	253086  
Old 09-11-2011, 09:09 PM   #155 (permalink)
Registered Users

That bird is the bomb HH. The pic of your son [modding] Is to cute.
johnnycat500 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2011, 09:40 PM   #156 (permalink)
Registered Users

cool looking 500 Hank. I think I have found your next challenge
This would work good for a tight ass like me Id only need to buy one blade

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYmasmlz5U4&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
Old 09-11-2011, 09:53 PM   #157 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is to cool. It does made sense. With cf blades you just cut your crash costs in half.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:15 PM   #158 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I’m very close to getting the first FBL FP450 dialed in on the money. This bird is becoming a dream to fly and I’m getting more comfortable every day with the FBL setup. The FBL setup totally eliminates any ballooning and really smooths out this puppy in forward flight.

Okay you guys are probably going to laugh at this video because it’s the first time I have tried to show hands off flying in one of my videos. As both you guys know, I use a head cam rig to film all my flight and for the most part I think the setup works well…But that was before I tried to show the transmitter and helicopter in the same shot. It’s not as easy as I thought and is kind of funny. When I tried to show the transmitter, all I got was the bottom of it and I totally blew at getting the helicopter and transmitter in the same shot. O well…all I can say is…it not easy being cheesy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMcl4Csslkw

Wow.....that is a very nice setup, the thing fly's like its hanging from a string.You did great as far as the hands off videoand I thought the fb 450 was stable
I wish I had more heli bucks to do some of this cool stuff you guys come up with.
How are you liking the Walkera radio compared to the old HK?
Old 09-11-2011, 10:24 PM   #159 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yeah Baby…she’s does sound pissed. The smaller props are screamer, that’s for sure.

You can definitely feel the weight, but it’s not too bad. Cyclic seem fine and reacts good, but the FBL setup is quicker than the stock setup so I don’t know if it will feel sluggish or not using the stock FC head with the Auxiliary rotor.

Sweet Brother, which one are you leaning towards…If I ever run across a deal on a Airwolf fuse, it’s going to be on like Donkey Kong.
I lean towards the air wolf cause I think the retracts are cool but now I look at your md 500 and you got me all in a tither.
It will bee a while before I can come up with the scratch to do anything...... meantime I live through you guys and your modscarry on
Old 09-11-2011, 11:12 PM   #160 (permalink)
Registered Users

HH have you weighed the md500, If so how much? :-]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in