Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Scorpion ESC and Motor Support

Scorpion ESC and Motor Support Scorpion Power Systems ESC and Motor Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2016, 07:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Scorpion V Series ESC (Opto)

Hi Guys !

I think i buy a defect brand new ESC but i want to have your opinion.

The sound warning i have is NO SIGNAL FROM RECEIVER AT STARTUP.

My receiver is Futaba R6208SB

I try to do the initial setup but i have to connect the battery to esc about 25 times before i can do the initial setup.

I try another receiver R6203SB with same result.

And I try a third receiver(Orange) with same result.

I dont know what is the problem. Sometimes i can arm the esc but i have to connect the battery many times before work.

Also. when this work, i try to program my ESC with Scorpion esc card programmer but mine dont work. Steff Giguere give his card and his card work. I program the esc, remove the battery. And when i connect the battery to esc i have NO SIGNAL FROM RECEIVER AT STARTUP again...

After that, i try to program my ESC with ESC Programmer V 1.4.8 but i cant register. a lot of guys have this problem.

All of this stuff is brand new.

What do you think about this problem?

I ask question at Scorpion few days ago without answer.

Thank'S !

Yan
superyan711 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2016, 06:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

What gov, fbl, etc?

The other day I was messing with settings and encountered something similar with NO SIGNAL FROM RECEIVER AT STARTUP. I was using the Scorpion Gov and set the TH hold to 20% to use Auto bail out. As I have for years, I start up my Rx/FBL first, then click into TH Hold, connect ESC, wait for the 2 beeps and go fly. I was scratching my head for a while. I was able to get the ESC to initialize once in 15 tries. Being scared to fly I started checking for connections and wire breaks. Then I remembered the last time I flew was when I set the Auto Bail out with 20% TH in Hold. I did that after I intialized the ESC. So I tried connecting the ESC out of hold in Normal mode where I have ) TH at low stick. Di Do. Good to go.

If that doesnt work check connections and possible breaks in the wires.

For the programming card I am not sure. Could be a bad one or related to connections and you got lucky with your friends.

When you used Steff's, did you just use the remote or did you change the IR sensor too?

If it was just the card, please do get offended, check that the plastic is pulled from the battery connection. If I remember correctly this is how they ship to isolate the contact of the battery in the remote.
Old 01-16-2016, 02:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I had a remote programmer faulty straight out of the package.
Wouldn't do anything and I tried three different receivers first to confirm.

Managed to get the software to work in the end but at one point couldn't do any programming at all with a brand new esc.
---- JR Vibe SGE12 Hiroki Ito Scorpion Tribunus 200A 4525 Ultimate Spirit FBL—-Minicopter Diabolo Pyro750-56 Kosmik200 Vbar v5.3 ----- T Rex 700N DFC OS105HZR Spirit FBL --- RJX Vector 700 Pyro750-56 Comp Kosmik 200 ——
malc1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in