Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 500X

Blade 500X Blade 500X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2016, 07:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Please help me out!

Hello everybody so I took my 5003d out this morning 40 degrees 1 flight. The first 5 mins went fine but then my helicopter started to turn in one direction. I hovered it to the ground and re-set my gyro and then it flew fine but then it has this tail kick and it's random.

Is it time for a new gyro?? I have an align one but starting to think about the JR gyro with the anti-drift function.

Please help me out I love this helicopter and had it for 3 years !
Mtrezzz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2016, 07:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like what happens when the
One way bearing gives out. Or slipping
apprentice. t-28 Hitec weekender 1 slow flyer
onemorecrash is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2016, 08:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

The weird kick could be from static. Ground the boom to the motor mount. Also, give the gyro time to acclimate to the outside temps. Let it sit outside for at least 5-10 minutes before flying. Slow drifts can be from vibs too, on my 3D I stuck a 1/4 ounce tape on wheel weight to the top of the gyro. Helped to dampen the vibs, and worked great.

"I do my best looking 3d when trying to avoid a crash!"
Jherison is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2016, 09:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like the same thing happened when the one-way bearing failed on my 5003d, it was the first time I had a one-way fail so didn't I recognize it, started with a few large tail kicks and then a uncommanded pirouette cost a set of blades and a main gear, the 500 takes crashes well.
Helithunder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2016, 09:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Had a Jr270 gyro on mine for a while it flew really good on the heli just always had a little tail drift in hover and lived with it. Different heli after going fbl controler with the ar7200bx much more locked in and easyer to fly with my current flight experience.
Helithunder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2016, 01:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not to hijack this thread but I had a similar issue today.

After a crash rebuild, I brought it out today and all seemed fine. Simple circuits with mild collective. Then I did some more aggressive pitch pumps..tail held fine going up...held fine coming down..then immediately at a hover, the tail kicked a good 45deg...then it was fine. I could repeat the entire maneuver with the exact same results. Thoughts? Would this be an indication that the one-way is not lubed enough or bad? How would I check to see if its bad?
Old 04-09-2016, 03:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

OP mentioned that it was cool weather, so could be symptom of static discharge, a known issue with this heli. I have a 3D and two converted to X, and would not even think of flying without grounding the tail... learned the hard way.

But in this case, OWB is the first thing I would check. I have had three of them go bad. Hundreds of flights, but still that's a high fail rate compared to zero in any other heli I've owned.
torpicaltrail is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2016, 08:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well my tail is grounded and also lubed with silicone so I guess it may be the OWB.
Old 04-09-2016, 11:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for all the help guys; tomorrow morning after some adjustments ill figure out if it's the one way or gyro.

ill probably replace both since I fly over water all the time; I don't want to take any chances lol

FYI - How do you ground your tail boom????? If anybody can make a 5min video or has one that would be amazing
Old 04-10-2016, 07:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtrezzz View Post
Thanks for all the help guys; tomorrow morning after some adjustments ill figure out if it's the one way or gyro.

ill probably replace both since I fly over water all the time; I don't want to take any chances lol

FYI - How do you ground your tail boom????? If anybody can make a 5min video or has one that would be amazing

This thread should cover what you need to know.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=633142
D22597 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2016, 10:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

One thing already mentioned, but important... after you ground it, be sure to test for continuity. On my first attempt, did this as an afterthought, and no continuity. It LOOKED grounded but it wasn't. Duh! Anodized (insulated) tail boom.

Scratched up the anodizing with a file at back end where it goes into alum tail case, reassembled and good to go.
torpicaltrail is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2016, 07:13 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Giving my 5003D away for $150.00 BNF with Battery 3200 only needs ONE WAY BEARING.

Pm me

I also have a

X1 Charger for sale
DX6i

I am selling my current setup for a 230s night RTF. Reasons I want to move down a scale.
Old 04-16-2016, 07:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtrezzz View Post
Giving my 5003D away for $150.00 BNF with Battery 3200 only needs ONE WAY BEARING.

Pm me

I also have a

X1 Charger for sale
DX6i

I am selling my current setup for a 230s night RTF. Reasons I want to move down a scale.
your not supposed to put your for sale stuff in a thread, mods don't like that kinda thing..just a fyi

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in