Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System

Align 3G FBL System Align 3G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 10:50 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Its cinched down pretty tightly. enough to compress the foam pad a slight bit.

Should I try the thin 3m gray double side stuf or even the 3m outdoor "clear double stick?
jondabear is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2010, 02:30 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This unit likes to be almost hard-mounted.
I use the 3M 4010 clear tape & strap it down (for extra security).

If you only have access to the standard Align pads, strap it down as tight as you can!
Old 03-04-2010, 02:42 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

also make sure the gyro sensor is mounted straight and not a few degrees off line.
Paulice is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2010, 08:29 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

will the sensor not being straight have anything to do withh it punching out to the rt? when its cinched down, i dont wrap the tie against the 3g plug on the sensor. so it makes the sensor slighlty angled to the rt.

Recenter it maybe?
Old 03-04-2010, 08:51 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Absolutely!!!

The sensor MUST be mounted as close to perfect as you can get it.

Mick

aussiemick is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2010, 09:02 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes I think the strap might have something to do with it. If the strap is too tight that will change things.

Trex 500 / /3026-1600/CC Ice75 /3G /Ds510's/Torsion 430 fbl's
Trex 450 pro/HK2221-8/ Ice 50 /HS-5065MG/325D's/Kbdd's
life2short1971 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2010, 10:36 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice! So i went to the field and decided to do a PRO setup of 14%pitch and 11%cyclic(i believe Mr. Kamerrer uses this and mentions it in his setup vid) just to see what happens.

Well, other than being a rocket ship, the heli was very tame and a pleasure to fly. I can kinda see the logic of this pitch setup as what you dont have in cyclic, you just make up for in pitch, but with 11 cyclic, it keeps everything looking and feeling very smooth. Ya just gotta learn to finese,with power, through your manouvers. Which is perfect for the way I fly anyway.

So here it is,.......I change the settup and went to punch out......it held without a hitch.
BUT.......as I would do something BIG, like a power loop or hurricane, it would start to drift rt and my trick would not only b messy but I was flying a correction the whole time.

I finally did the easiest of all things and chaa=nged the mounting tape on the sensor.
I used some 3m outdoor double sided stuff that has a picture of a mail box and address numbers on the front of the package. Prayed a little prayer and took her up.

I punched out and watched my heli go in a perfectly straight line upwards. I thought hmmmmmm this is good. next I did the biggest power loop I could muster and it held spot on! I was and am exstatic! I falied to mention that I repositioned the sensor PERFECTLY straight and tied it down with an align velcro strap TIGHT.

Only thing I got now is a bit of elevator and aileron oscillation, but I also got the gains at 1 o clock on both. Im gonna guess here but I venture to say that with a little adjustment itll all be gone before long.

Now I just gotta wait on the programming cables that they are gna send us and update all my customers while Im at it. Hope there is a stop gain adjustment.

Thanx a million guys! And Ill keep everyone posted on the next few flights.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:40 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think gains around 40 are the sweet spot. Glad you got it figured out. I love mine.

Trex 500 / /3026-1600/CC Ice75 /3G /Ds510's/Torsion 430 fbl's
Trex 450 pro/HK2221-8/ Ice 50 /HS-5065MG/325D's/Kbdd's
life2short1971 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2010, 02:09 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondabear View Post
SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice! So i went to the field and decided to do a PRO setup of 14%pitch and 11%cyclic(i believe Mr. Kamerrer uses this and mentions it in his setup vid) just to see what happens.

Well, other than being a rocket ship, the heli was very tame and a pleasure to fly. I can kinda see the logic of this pitch setup as what you dont have in cyclic, you just make up for in pitch, but with 11 cyclic, it keeps everything looking and feeling very smooth. Ya just gotta learn to finese,with power, through your manouvers. Which is perfect for the way I fly anyway.

So here it is,.......I change the settup and went to punch out......it held without a hitch.
BUT.......as I would do something BIG, like a power loop or hurricane, it would start to drift rt and my trick would not only b messy but I was flying a correction the whole time.

I finally did the easiest of all things and chaa=nged the mounting tape on the sensor.
I used some 3m outdoor double sided stuff that has a picture of a mail box and address numbers on the front of the package. Prayed a little prayer and took her up.

I punched out and watched my heli go in a perfectly straight line upwards. I thought hmmmmmm this is good. next I did the biggest power loop I could muster and it held spot on! I was and am exstatic! I falied to mention that I repositioned the sensor PERFECTLY straight and tied it down with an align velcro strap TIGHT.

Only thing I got now is a bit of elevator and aileron oscillation, but I also got the gains at 1 o clock on both. Im gonna guess here but I venture to say that with a little adjustment itll all be gone before long.

Now I just gotta wait on the programming cables that they are gna send us and update all my customers while Im at it. Hope there is a stop gain adjustment.

Thanx a million guys! And Ill keep everyone posted on the next few flights.
I've been using Zeal tape on mine since day 1. Strapped down hard. Working good so far. But with this report, I will switch to the 3m outdoor tape and try it out myself. It might just fly better.

Thanks for the info.
rubbersoul is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2010, 02:11 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Great work.
The 3M outdoor tape 4010 & 4011 work a treat!

Foam tape isn't ideal for this unit.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:13 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbersoul View Post
I've been using Zeal tape on mine since day 1. Strapped down hard. Working good so far. But with this report, I will switch to the 3m outdoor tape and try it out myself. It might just fly better.

Thanks for the info.
I tried Zeal strapped down first up, but found I had to use trim to remove the drift in a hover.

I now have no need to use trim after switching to the 3M 4010 tape.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:22 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroboFreak View Post
I tried Zeal strapped down first up, but found I had to use trim to remove the drift in a hover.

I now have no need to use trim after switching to the 3M 4010 tape.
Been following your posts about foam choices. Was just waiting for another pilot to report his observations about it.
rubbersoul is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2010, 08:13 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

O.K. Next step is socillation and pitch settings.

got a little bit of for and aft osc. is this just gain? thought it was the tail wagging but looked carefully and its the elev.
also a little bit in the ail.

with this tape, whats everyone running as far as gain. turned it down to 9 oclock and it felt sloppy. It held but drifted. Im gna assume that this is just like setting up a tail..........but for the elev and ail.

tried about 11 oclock but it is still a bit much. Ill try 1030 and 10 and report back tmrw.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:14 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh yeah! forgot to ask about the pitch?

Cyclic?

collective?

Whats everyone running?
Old 03-04-2010, 09:32 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I am using +-12deg of collective, and set the heli up to 11deg of cyclic but have since turned that down to about 9 but left the Lim setting the same. I may consider resetting the Lim at this lower angle and see how that goes.

Mick

aussiemick is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2010, 02:31 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

HOOORRRAYYYYY!for my 600 LE!

FINALLY go it perfect with NO oscillation and NO tail wag.

SOOO.....heres what i did, I had alot of wag after mounting the sensor with 3m outdoor tape yet I got rid of a drift I had. No drift and i didnt have to use ANY trim to get it to track straight.

I have my gains at about just below 11 oclock because the "hard mounting with the tape gave me alot more sensitivity. Yet I couldnt get rid of the wag in the tail. Checked my tail like 4 or 5 times and it was centerd and slid as smooth as glass.

It was the last issue I had to figure out! I thought to myself, how can I get the same mounting and performance yet with a bit of damping to ease the wag?

I remebered that I have always used a metal plate on all my spartans whenever I setup a nitro, so I found a spartan plate and cleaned it up and stuck it on first to the freame with the 3m clear outdoor double stivk, then the sensor with the same. I restrapped the sensor back down with an align skiiny velcro strap and did so TIGHT.

Took it up in the air and guess what? NO WAG!!!!!! NO OSCILLATION and it flies even better than it ever has before!

Now I just gotta taker it out to the field and really put it throgh its paces. I pretty confident I got a winner!

Boy has this ever been a learning experience! Well ,I was the guinea pig for all my customers and now I can help em set up theirs properly and have learned ALOT about this system in a very short while.

ALL credit given to my fellow HELIFREAKS who took the time to give suggestions and help me out with my setup. Im new to fbl but with your help, youve made this new thing a great experience soooo, THANX GUYS! If ya ever get down to TEXAS and San Antonio, look me up and Ill take ya flying at the biggest fields I know of.

PEACE!
Old 03-05-2010, 03:10 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Congrats Jondabear, glad to hear you have it worked out. I am still fighting with my tail wag, I've even tried the spartan metal plate, but not with the 3M 4010 tape, although I found a bad bearing in my clutch assembly, I've replaced it and I'm going to give it a go this weekend. If I still have the wag, I'm gonna try the spartan plate again with the 4010 tape like you have done. I was just wondering how you are strapping down the gyro sensor? I have mine located on my 600N on the plate that goes over the two front servos, so the wires are coming out toward the fron of the heli, and that's the same axis that I would need to put a strap on because going the other way is impossible because the bracket is hard mounted to the frames leaving no place to thread the strap through. Can someone possibly post a pic of how they did it?
Thanks in advance.
syn90 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2010, 03:16 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

mine hated the isolation plate..

oh well may try it again with the 3M tape.

CeeveeSiN is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2010, 03:17 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Leme get hn and ill post a pic for ya.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:58 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sweet, thanks jondabear.
syn90 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in