Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2014, 09:31 AM   #21 (permalink)
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleCH View Post
The cheap hobbyking Corona 919MG metal gear servos are less than half the price and so far the servo motors last at least a few times more than what you have run stock servos which I am not the only one who have bad experience with right out of the box. One stock servo seized without crash. The other 2 caused mysterious brownouts where swapping those out for TGY S306G-HVs drawing double the current totally eliminated the brownouts. The tail servo lasted 150 flights and the replacement KST last at least 1200 flights so far. That in my book the stock servos are crappy electronics.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
I think everyone is going to have different experiences most of what you hear on a forum are going to be the bad experiences. That's typical of a lot of products on forums. I don't think they are awesome servos. I think they are cheap ass servos that work on a cheap ass heli. They take a beating pretty well and keep on going. I probably have a lifetime supply of them because I buy them from people who do the upgrade for dirt cheap. I have rarely had to replace a cyclic servo on this heli. Many crashes since this is my beater heli. I've probably replaced each servo once. I had one tail servo die on me right out of the box. Replaced it with a new one and it's the only tail servo I have ever had in this heli. Seems to be hit or miss.

Those 306HVs are nicer servos I have them in my 450. But they also weigh a lot more then the stock servos. If your idea is to upgrade the crap out of a 300x then yea it might be a good idea to upgrade the servos to. While you are at it you might as well just upgrade the heli to something else entirely. I switched for a while to my 450 as my beater and I was replacing so many align servos. So yea the 300x servos aren't the best servos out there but they do get the job done. Certainly not any worse then servos that come on some better helis.

I don't keep close count to how many flights I have. But I have 14 batteries I take with me each time out. I likely have 600-700 flights total on this heli. For me I like being able to replace a $3 gear when I stuff it in the ground.
xokia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2014, 01:01 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

As apposed to replacing a 75 cent servo horn in a fraction of the time?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in