Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Outrage RC

Outrage RC Outrage RC - and XP Li-Po Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 07:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default XP25 puffing

I have a pair of XP25 3s packs that swelled up while powering my Trex 500 this morning. The two packs show no signs of flattening out again. What is the warranty procedure ?

Thanks, Bob
Bayward is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2008, 12:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just call Heli Direct. They will take care of you.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Bob...I am sure we can help you out... but Outrage does not recommend using anything less that 2500mA packs in the Trex500...either a pair of 3S 2500's or a standard 6S 2500.

We strongly recommend using the 6S 3000mA pack as it has good flight time, is light enough for even the most picky Extreme 3D pilot...and has the ability to handle the current loads the Trex 500 puts on a battery.

Not 100% sure you are using the 3S 2200's...but sort of presume that you are...you will most likely not ever be happy with these particular batteries when used in series on a Trex 500...

Can you let me know the type of flying...how long you fly on a set up packs...what the voltage is when you connect the batteries back to the charger to recharge, etc...

you can contact me directly on this problem and we will take care of you...or you can contact helidirect help desk of help line....
Greg Alderman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2008, 07:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Alderman View Post
Bob...I am sure we can help you out..
Thanks very much for the offer to help. I currently am very bummed about these batteries. They were sold to me expressly for my Trex 500 by my then local hobby shop, a shop that Steven Fox frequents in Florida. I had been using TP Extreme V2 2200 3s packs in series when I was shown the XP25's and asked if I wanted to try them. I bought a pair. The older and more used TP's are all still going strong while the newer and less used Outrage XP's are toast.

To add insult to injury when I called Heli Direct I was politely told the waranty is 90 days on these batteries. I bought mine somewhere around six months ago. Might have been four of five months, I did not save the receipt. Anyway the end result, not in these words, was "sorry about your bad luck, if you had crashed them we could have replaced them for 50% of retail up to six months".

I do forward flight, stall turns and the such. No 3D yet, my skill level is not ready. I land at the beep of a five minute timer, at the most. That puts me at 5:15 to 5:30 max. I usually am on the ground at the five minute mark. I use a Cellpro 10s charger and the packs are each at 18 % ~ 23% when first connected to the charger. Yes, they are 3s 2200's connected in series.

Would you still like to help in some way ? If yes, shall I contact you via phone ?

Again thanks, Bob
Old 09-26-2008, 10:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Bob...I am in and out today...but please call helidirect back...and ask to speak with Larry...you might have to leave a message but he will call you back...and will work with you...you can ask for me...but I might not be available...

Sorry about the possible rudeness you might have gotten...I will deal with on my end...

Sent you a PM also with options for you...on the batteries...
Old 09-26-2008, 06:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks very much for the personal attention. My faith has been restored. I will go along with your recommendation of a 6s 3000 instead of what I was using, when I call Larry this coming Monday.

Bob
Old 09-28-2008, 10:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Bob...glad to help...you will most certainly like the 6S 3000 much better! Larry has all the needed info to help you out on Monday...

Best Regards,
Old 09-29-2008, 08:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was not able to make the call today. I was in Nashville all day and just got home. I will call tomorrow for sure.

Bob
Old 10-06-2008, 05:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Received the replacement 6s 3000mah pack today, thanks.

Can someone give me a link that shows the charge lead pinout so I can put connectors on this pack to charge it with a Cellpro 10s ? I have the connectors to fit the 10s, just need the lead configuration.

Bob
Old 10-06-2008, 07:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Bob...can you locate or make adapters for this purpose...as technically...cutting off the factory balance taps and soldering on a different taps void the warranty...I overlooked this on the 3S as I knew the issue with those batteries was using them in a Trex 500...and not the balance taps...

The TP to Align adapters that came with the packs won't work with your charger?
Old 10-06-2008, 07:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Alderman View Post
Bob...can you locate or make adapters for this purpose...
Yes, of course I can make or probably buy a ready made adaptor.

Quote:
The TP to Align adapters that came with the packs won't work with your charger?
No, the adaptor that came with the pack will not fit the Cellpro 10s.

The Cellpro 10s and 4s chargers are quite popular, you might want to look into selling an adaptor to fit the Cellpro chargers. I have changed the taps on every battery I have ever owned for RC use to fit the Cellpro chargers. I had no idea that would void your warranty.

Bob
Old 10-06-2008, 07:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayward View Post
Yes, of course I can make or probably buy a ready made adaptor.

No, the adaptor that came with the pack will not fit the Cellpro 10s.

The Cellpro 10s and 4s chargers are quite popular, you might want to look into selling an adaptor to fit the Cellpro chargers. I have changed the taps on every battery I have ever owned for RC use to fit the Cellpro chargers. I had no idea that would void your warranty.

Bob
I think cell pro sells an adapter...
Old 10-06-2008, 08:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

This one should do.

John

EDIT: picture of it in use with that pack attached...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PA066300-edit.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	64899  
T-Rex 500 CF, stock ESC/motor/rotors, 13T, HS-5245MG, ds760/S9254, JR R921
th3tick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2008, 03:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks everyone. I have ordered the adapter from FMA, another ~ $24.00 I could have changed the balance taps for under a dollar and a few minutes time. Oh well.

Bob

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in