Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography

Aerial Videography and Photography Aerial Video/Photo from R/C Helicopters

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2008, 05:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default GAUI and camera mounts

I'm interested in the new Gaui Photoshipone camera mount but after my dealings with Remoti a few years ago I do my reasearch now. My question is I'm trying to see if they can make the changes I need before I order one but after contacting GAUI in Taiwan they emailed they produre R/C helicopters and not camera mounts? I ask about a guy called DJ to which they wrote we have no idea who you are talking about.

They said GAUI does manufacture heli's and parts for other small heli's but no camera mounts. Is this a legit company? I had decided they were until I saw the ad on another forum with a girl as a doctor?

Want a serious mount from a serious company. I'm looking at three different brands with this one at the bottom but if he can make the changes needed I would be interested if in fact he is legit?

Maybe to carefull but lost a lot of money last time.

Thanks for the help.

Nathan
007heliworld is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2008, 05:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

5 posts and already this... It seems your user name does not exist on any other forums or anywhere for that matter. How do we know who you are and if in fact you are real? Any serious person in RC Aerial Photography knows DJ. You should also know the backgrounds of all the other mount companies without question. Since you know about Remoti, you have the appearance of a deep background in RC AP.

I don't understand why you think a mass produced mount could be changed specifically for you before you were to purchase. Do you not purchase mass produced helicopters and change them to your specific needs/wants?

As like anyone, you are free to make your own choice. Good Luck in your quest to find the perfect mount. (unless you already make them) ?

Troy
Envision is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2008, 05:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can assure you GAUI is in fact behind the PhotoShip One brand. Not sure who you emailed. Try again maybe?

Gaui has not yet put the PhotoShip One info on their site. They are hard at work releasing some new helicopters and pretty sweet multi-blade heads for micro helis. I suspect they will have PhotoShip One on their site soon!

Stay tuned and thanks for your interest Nathan.

PS, Nathan feel free to call me at your convenience and we can discuss your needs. I can, on a case by case basis, custom modify any VR360's to fit a customer's needs

602-743-5768

Last edited by AZ ChopperCam; 11-24-2008 at 08:10 PM..
AZ ChopperCam is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2008, 08:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Im on RCU once and a while but mostly on electronics forums and photography forums. If you want to see one of my panos look at 2008s Efest. We shot that one on the site and in the mags. This is typical on aerial R/C forums. I'm not a post 20 times a day to get attention kind of person, I really don't want to waste the time.

I decided to look at all mount made that I might like. I own two from one company but I want to go super lite. This is why I ask about making the thing way smaller. Not sure how many posts I should wait before I ask a legit question?

AZ choppercam
GAUI has told me they will never be marketing a camera mounts. I emailed about the FAA to them and the answer was would you get into this market? I like the looks but not the design.

I have nothing personal against you I just wanted to see if you were having them cut some where and building them? If so you should be able to make mods to make a better product. I know what I'm looking for just don't have time to build it.

It's just questions. Chill.

Nate
Old 11-24-2008, 08:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nathan,

Thank you for your interest about Photoship One products by Gaui. Although we can not alter the production mounts for a single user, I think you will find that they are superior in form and function than other mounts. We hope you will try and see! DJ can help you to alter a single component that will fit your needs.

Our customers are very important to us and want you to know we stand behind all of our products.

Paul Fu
President
TSH Gaui Corporation.
gaui is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2008, 09:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My apologies Nathan, you were mistaken for someone who does normally use alternate identities.

Troy
Old 11-24-2008, 09:08 PM   #7 (permalink)

Paul
Thanks for the post. Not sure who is emailing me from the company?

The problem I have with the mount is you start off 140mm taller than most mounts on the market which will make the unit horrible to haul plus very prone to tipping over.
I also need something that will absorb like an actual landing gear does not rigid like heli frames. Would break easy in a hard landing. Also why on some of the units do you use Servo city gears? Very weak. Some look like heli gears? One of the worst things I see is the direct drive on the tilt? Why would anyone want to connect directly to a servo horn? It makes building the mount easy but also very easy to break and hard to be smooth.

If GAUI is cutting these I would think all of these problems would need to be address before the product is launched?
I'm lucky I get to do a job dealing with mirco helicopters every day that I love. One thing I have found is no matter how much you think people may love the product it's people like me you are hoping to sell to.

Look at lowering the hieght 140mm
Spring load the landing gear some how
Gear or belt drive the tilt system
LAST BUT NOT LEAST key the design around saving our equipment in a crash with little or no damage to the mount. This is being done by other company's right now why not have these features and the bling?

Again thanks for the reply

Troy not a big deal. Would like to buy the product and in some emails looks like they do customize.
Might be a good thing.

Nathan
Old 11-24-2008, 09:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

It never surprises me, the amout of drama in RC AP.

I've not bought anything from photoship or Gaui, but they are the last companies I would be concerned about being a "legit company". Maybe it doesn't use the tried and true L bracket, but I think the photoship one mount looks pretty nice for my own needs.

There are a few different designs out there for spherical panos, or you could always build your own if you have very specific needs.
architorture is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2008, 09:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nate,

Your comparison of Gaui/PhotoShip One to Remotei is unfounded and I'd hope that Gaui's post above confirming involvement with the project (and myself) should help you rest easy.

I appreciate your enthusiasm in our product and willingness to offer your ideas so freely. I've taken down your notes for future consideration.

Again, feel free to call me via phone anytime.

Quote:
GAUI has told me they will never be marketing a camera mounts.
Are you certain you contacted Gaui? This just doesn't sound like you contacted Gaui. Maybe check your sent email or forward that reply to me so I can be sure something like that does not happen in the future.

As far as the direct drive tilt goes.... don't fret. External pot IMU stabilized gear drive options are in the works. Give PS1 a chance to come out with the products and I think you'll be impressed with the selection and options available. It's all about the options!
AZ ChopperCam is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2008, 07:32 AM   #10 (permalink)

It wasn't a comparison but a question. All I know about you is what I've read on a legal forum. This was a huge red flag for me so since I don't frequent these forums why not ask a question? if I went off of that forum in your own words posted you have had a break down and can't even work?

I guess for me this is a non issue now as I need a mount no taller than 290mm. I'm not interested in a mount that is so tall it could tip over which is why I ask about changes. "Find it hard to believe anyone would want something that tall"

I only believe about 25% of what I read mainly because I dropped the want attentions posters out of the equation to learn the truth.

Not sure who is posting on here but got another email last night from Gaui that said they are in no way in the camera mount business.

I need a mount for Christmas Photo shoots and to film our new micro ships from the air.

Thanks for the replies but I never got the answer I wanted.

Nate
Old 11-25-2008, 09:08 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, the Photoship One Mounts aren't even available yet.
And you expect someone, who has invested thousands into designing a mount to make it smaller and change lots of stuff, just because you would like to buy ONE of them! Well thats worth it

How about making a DIY mount?

Daniel
doeni is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2008, 10:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I suggest you give DJ a call like he has suggested and then please report on your findings.
Is that something you will do?
If Gaui was not behind Photoshipone I don't think you will see it in the ads.
Look forward to your response........
rerazor is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2008, 11:22 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Having flown this mount under MY Tazer at the Southwest AP Conference, I can tell you that there is NO "tipping over" problem! Where we were flying from was very rough terrain, ankle breakers if you weren't careful, and at no time did the heli feel like it wanted to tip, either taking off or landing. A very solid, but minimal platform.

Will you do sliding autos? NO way, but I challenge anyone carrying an underslung system to do that. And make sure you get it on video....
Old 11-25-2008, 12:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well it appears that John Ohnemus of Airfoil Aviation is up to his tricks again....

Quote:
Well Surprise, Surprise. The IP goes to Quincy, Illinois and not Chicago. LOL
John or one of his cronies is heliworld007

IP address location & IP address info:
IP address [?]: 206.71.211.131 [Copy][Whois]
IP address country: United States
IP address state: Illinois
IP address city: Loraine
IP postcode: 62349
IP address latitude: 40.162102
IP address longitude: -91.198799
ISP of this IP [?]: Adams NetWorks
Organization: Adams NetWorks
Host of this IP: [?]: lorn-c7-adsl-211x131.adams.net [Whois]
Local Time of this IP country: 2008-11-25 11:49

heliworld007 is John Ohnemus
Here is the IP he used in this thread

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=40146

Same exact IP
Old 11-25-2008, 01:18 PM   #15 (permalink)

Its business practices like this that help put the world economy in the stink hole its in. Its far easier to misquote, agitate, mislead, and lie about someone's product than improve, market, and support your own product, for a while.

The truth will get out, our dear friend Rhandal found out...

As the economy slows, everyone will be making more informed decisions before purchasing. Nice to have a forum than helps police itself and keep us informed.

Chris

PS...some people are WAY above TAKING advice. Those that don't pay attention to history are doomed to repeat it, again.
SCChris is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2008, 01:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ah, my first instincts were correct. Apology withdrawn.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:02 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

LOL it's so pathetic! Looks like airfool is getting desperate.
Griffo is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2008, 02:30 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can we change topic name to "John is a scam"?
And can we pin it to the top? Shame on you John, you should at least know you can't travel invisible on the net. Shame on you, one reason more not to buy your mounts...
Hope it goes out to the net....

Daniel
doeni is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2008, 03:00 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

It looks like someone has seriously over looked the "Terms of Use"

Here are a few of my favorites.

Quote:
By using this Site, you acknowledge and agree to NOT post, disseminate or transmit any content that: (1) is unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, obscene, harmful, tortious, libelous, or invasive of another's privacy
Quote:
As part of the member registration process, you must complete the registration process by providing Helifreak with true, current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the applicable registration form. You shall maintain and promptly update such information to keep it true, current, complete and accurate.
Quote:
Helifreak, in its sole discretion, reserved the right to terminate your account for fraudulent, abusive or otherwise illegal and/or unlawful activity.
Does that include all accounts???

There is also a post named Multiple Accounts are not allowed

Or how about this one Rules for Advertisers, Manufacturers, Dealers, etc

No matter how many rules are set, there is no help for common sense!

There is nothing to fear but "you" yourself. You John have always been the cause of your own success AND demise.

Troy
Old 11-25-2008, 03:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Pathetic. I thought something was amiss when I read "Is this a legit company? I had decided they were until I saw the ad on another forum with a girl as a doctor?" I was about to ask what 1st century country the guy was from when I read the stuff about the IP source. Of course.....maybe some one is just posting that. This is like Spy vs Spy Endless entertainment, but still, someone is a pathetic human being.
SeaHawk is offline        Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in