Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography

Aerial Videography and Photography Aerial Video/Photo from R/C Helicopters

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2006, 10:05 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here are some shots of mine from today. I got out 3 times today, this morning before work, at lunch, and tonight I was able to get together with my camera operator and I got my BEST SHOTS EVER! Priceless.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_1551.jpg (206.5 KB, 2732 views)
File Type: jpg img_1552.jpg (196.7 KB, 2329 views)
File Type: jpg img_1496_135.jpg (1.17 MB, 2266 views)
File Type: jpg img_1336ewatermark.jpg (553.8 KB, 2443 views)
dreslism is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2006, 10:47 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

fantastic! is he your son?
AZ ChopperCam is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2006, 10:56 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by N74DV
fantastic! is he your son?
Thanks,

Yes he is my son. I still have a smile on my face and that was about 4 hours ago!

I built him a few planes to fly (zagnuts) wings because he can bounce them off anything and pick them up and launch them again. He does pretty good with them. I'll have to get him on the heli sim this winter. He is a video game freaking wiz since he was about 2 and a half, its just that a Tx is still so big in his hands, and he'll need both sticks for the heli where as he can get away with one stick on the planes.

When we were done and packing up, he said when will I be able to fly the heli? I said maybe when you get a little older (I was thinking like maybe 10), he says "Oh like when I turn 38 like you?"

Just he and I are heading up to our cottage this weekend, weather looks good, so we might have to do an ap roadtrip weekend. I have a craving for some lighthouse shots this summer, and now that I have a camera man... :wink: :wink:
Old 06-20-2006, 10:59 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

that's great!

my son is 12 and he just in the last year or so took a liking to RC. he's more of a sports nut and up until now seemed to think RC stuff was too "kidlike"

I bought him a slowstick last year and within a weekend he had it down. he wants to try helicopters but I told him I want him to be able to 3D an aerobatic park flyer before I put him on the sticks of an AP heli.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:04 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by N74DV
that's great!

my son is 12 and he just in the last year or so took a liking to RC. he's more of a sports nut and up until now seemed to think RC stuff was too "kidlike"

I bought him a slowstick last year and within a weekend he had it down. he wants to try helicopters but I told him I want him to be able to 3D an aerobatic park flyer before I put him on the sticks of an AP heli.
That's great, good point about the 3d'ing a plane. I hope my son stays interested. I gave him a digital camera a couple years ago, and he loves to take pictures, so it was fun for him to be the camera man tonight.

He took 184 pictures in my 4 minute flight tonight.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:12 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Congratulations Scott!!

Looks like we won't need to get together after all!
AeroMattics is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2006, 06:42 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That's awesome about your sons showing interest. My daughter filmed one of my earliest flights with my Intrepid. Now she wants to know when I'm going to have a rig on which she can run the camera. After reading of your experiences, I'm more motivated than before!
Old 06-22-2006, 12:23 AM   #28 (permalink)

here are some pics from the shoot the other day. too late in the day for 'portfolio' shots but ok for testing purposes. it was only our second time out and i think we're coming along nicely. i have NOT corrected for barrel distortion, noise, etc. as these are just trial runs at the moment...

Hyde is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2006, 03:55 AM   #29 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Cool!! Nice place with private court!!

Thanks for sharing!!
Old 06-22-2006, 07:35 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillJames
Cool!! Nice place with private court!!

Thanks for sharing!!
I thought the same thing till I looked again.

It's not a private court. It's a lighted private court :!: :!:
Old 06-22-2006, 07:44 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is my shot du-jour.

Dull day, skys opened up and dumped the rain right after I packed up from this flight, but none the less, it was a day to fly. I have been wanting to shoot this barn at sunset, but it backs up to an elementary school, and every night there are ball games going on, so I tried lunchtime today and had the whole place to myself. It was very gusty and something I could never have done with the plane platform which is where I started AP from. Loving this heli.

And the man hard at work!

Old 06-22-2006, 08:16 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

i can see that is looks like the wind was comnig from the right side of the image on the top photo. enough wind to bend the boughs of the trees. I can imagine the Raptor was ballooning a bit

nice shots.... I wish we had scenic structures like that around here.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:26 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks, Yeah it was bobbing up and down, but with the ap2000i on, it was solid and I never gave a second thought about flying. Before the heli when I only had the plane, I would have looked out the window at work, saw the wind whipping the trees around, and not even have bothered heading out.

Funny you say nice structures like that. I actually live in a pretty urban area. When I was a kid, where I live now was farms. Now it is all built up, but there are a few folks still holding onto their farmland. Actually on both sides of this farm are a subdivision, the backyard is the school playground, and the front is a pretty major 50mph plus road. 1/4 mile down the road is Home Depot, lifetime fitness, sears, ....

This place is just nicely tucked in it all.

Me and my "cameraman" are heading up to our cottage tomorrow. I'm hoping we can daytrip over to hit Traverse City and get some lighthouse action. Looks like a cooler weekend in the 70's, but clear and sunny. Cooler temps will keep the haze out and allow all day shooting.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:29 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde
here are some pics from the shoot the other day. too late in the day for 'portfolio' shots but ok for testing purposes. it was only our second time out and i think we're coming along nicely. i have NOT corrected for barrel distortion, noise, etc. as these are just trial runs at the moment...
Hyde what part of town are you from? The Black Lodge means nothing to me.

Thanks,
Old 06-22-2006, 08:43 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Scott

I wondered why Rochester Hills sounded familiar. The co. I work for did the Sams club over in Auburn Hills. You aren't kidding about how build up that area is. I'm surprised you can still find shots like that in the suburban sprawl. Nice shots!
Old 06-22-2006, 09:44 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Mark,

Yeah up by sams there, the Great Lakes Crossing mall and all, that place has REALLY exploded.
Little by little, each last farm turns into a subdivision and traffic just keeps getting worse.

I live 3.2 miles from work, and it can take 20-25 minutes to get home at night. Good thing there is a university right on the way to and from work as that is my normal flight area so I can "break up" the looong drive home... :wink:

I am just really getting bored there. It is a 1500+ acre university with 2 golf courses, an old mansion, that the original property owners used to live in, an outdoor amphitheatre for concerts, and all, but I must have an easy 2500 photos of the whole university.

It is good to find things like the barn above.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:17 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreslism
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde
Hyde what part of town are you from? The Black Lodge means nothing to me.

Thanks,
the Black Lodge is a place in Twin Peaks. erm, it's also the name of my recording studio. i hail from Omaha, Nebraska. and while that shot was about 15 miles from the city - Omaha is a decent sized city. 1.6 million in a 50 mile radius. i will do car lots and construction and the like when all the marketing stuff on our end is in place. working on the promo DVD now...

thanks for asking though - hope you guys think the pics are ok (with exception to aforementioned shadows, noise, and distortion).
Hyde is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2006, 04:59 AM   #38 (permalink)

I remember a few places like that from when I was in Rochester Hills a few years ago.
Great pictures BTW!
WayneBrown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2006, 09:46 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Scott,

What are you feeding that kid!!! He grows fast!!

Great shots!

Matt
AeroMattics is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2006, 10:15 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

A real rural one from "up north".

I was able to shoot what I think will be a good 360 pano at this location also. I am working on stitching right now, but will have to wait till I get home to post that since I am on dial up while up north.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in