Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2015, 09:24 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default GPS setup switch ?

I have a DX9 and have mine set up how you want with two switches. Switch #1 is a two position switch on the top left side of the radio. (Easy access with index finger, just like throttle hold but on the left side) It is normal down and rescue now up. The other switch is a three position switch (Set to GPS switch #2) on the right side that is on the face. Down is normal, middle is hard deck and all the way towards me is return home. Once in the air I can flick switch #2 to hard deck and fly around with the hard deck on. If I get in trouble I can flick switch #1 to rescue now no matter where switch #2 is and it goes to rescue now. If I need it to return home I flick switch #2 to return home then flick switch #1 to normal and it returns home. Just remember to have both GPS switches in normal mode when taking off or landing!!! I toasted a set of rail blades on a tip over taking off with rescue now on.
IamProStreet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2015, 07:05 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is a good and simple idea. Since switch one takes precedence over switch two, so place the deck on switch two, but using switch one for rescue now will automatically override anything being used on the second switch without having to go back into manual mode first. Elegantly simple!
Old 04-05-2015, 08:59 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

yes i got that one sorted out thanks, but i had it backwards first. 2 position switch was switch one hard deck and 3 position was the rest. but i screwed my self by having switch 1 on hard deck and trying to use rescue now it doesn't work. need to switch them up like you have it. thanks for that. when i put the ring on should i have it close to sk, or gps unit. i assume sk unit.
hjscm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2015, 11:05 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Only thing is you will have to lock your cyclic gain because you will only have 1 bank. Ran out of switches, guess you could have a knob switch banks but I really don't need 2 banks.
IamProStreet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2015, 12:26 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes cause i only have 8 channels. so i locked tail gain in at i think 40%. now i have enough switches. i just set my gains back to 40%, control rates at 320, 75 bell gains, acel at 35. hopefully this will be good. ill hopefully be able to test today if rain stops, next i wanna set how hard the rescue saves heli, seems to be to soft right now,but i think read somewhere that relates to control rates and sl.
Old 04-05-2015, 01:45 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjscm View Post
yes cause i only have 8 channels. so i locked tail gain in at i think 40%. now i have enough switches. i just set my gains back to 40%, control rates at 320, 75 bell gains, acel at 35. hopefully this will be good. ill hopefully be able to test today if rain stops, next i wanna set how hard the rescue saves heli, seems to be to soft right now,but i think read somewhere that relates to control rates and sl.
Yes, your control rates determine the rate of self level, etc. But once again, only within what is achievable by your cyclic pitch. You could set 500* degrees per second in theory, but if your heli may not physically be able to move that fast if you only have 6* cyclic pitch vs 10* just as arbitrary examples.

I try and make sure I have at least 10* cyclic pitch on my setups despite the fact that 8* is technically plenty for my flight style.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:07 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok so this is driving me nuts now. i have everything setup and it flies great until about 2-3 minutes into each flight. then i get rapid flashing blue led and it will not hold position, and when in a hover it shakes like crazy like gains are to high. if i land unplug bird and wait a minute and plug back in i can fly for another 2-3 minutes before same thing happens. here are some logs hopefully there is a solution.
Attached Files
File Type: skl LOG50.SKL (1.37 MB, 28 views)
Old 04-06-2015, 04:10 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

here is another log
Attached Files
File Type: skl LOG49.SKL (1.34 MB, 27 views)
Old 04-07-2015, 08:19 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok so i figured out wobble but need help to solve it. i can get rid of it if i lower head speed to like 50% throttle it goes away. do you guys think it is mounted to softly? maybe moving to much when head speed is up.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:25 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok so my head was a tiny bit lose. now my wobble is gone. the bolts that clamp head to shaft kept coming a little lose for some reason. i put locket on them and they would come lose. now that this is figured out i am getting closer to getting this thing dialed in. just need a couple of more questions answered if possible. now for some reason when i turn on heli put canopy on and then pick it up and move it to take off area i get rapid flashing blue light on gps. so this means no gps for flight. if i turn heli on at take of are everything works fine. also i get a huge vibration spike at about 10 seconds into flight almost every time then all is good. i wonder if i am hitting idle up to soon if i should wait for ti spool up more.

thanks
Old 04-09-2015, 09:32 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

With regards to the flashing GPS blue LED, if it was happening to me, I'd do a compass swing.
Groucho_ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2015, 09:37 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

i was going to try that today. it is just strange that if i plug heli in at take off area everything works, but if i plug in and move heli then i get flashing blue lights. it wasn't doing this before. i will try compass swing and post back today.

thanks
Old 04-09-2015, 11:16 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well that didn't work. Did 2 compass swings one where I plug in then one where I take off. So I plug in heli wait for GPS turn solid blue put candy on. If I pick up heli and walk I can get about 10 feet away then rapid blue flash.
Old 04-09-2015, 12:29 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Something is really wacky with your GPS based on all the specific issues you are having with it. The fact that it locks then throws errors as soon as you move it sounds similar to your other issue where it works in position hold one minute, then loses it on subsequent flights.

If I were you I would contact Skookum and send them a couple of your flight logs where these issues are happening. They can see deeper into the logs that we can, and will see this stable to flashing issue you are describing when you move the heli, and may save you a lot of trial and error headache if they see something obvious to target. They can also see your compass swing data

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in