Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2015, 11:23 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdubl007 View Post
The servo side shouldn't matter. It's just a bug. I have two Gaui X5's. Both run sk540's. One setup just fine with no problems with the wizards. The one I was working on last night did not.
The tail setup wizard works properly on both my SK720 and SK540, and your experience supports the observation that there's no clear trend. It works properly for some people and not for others.

I am curious what the history of your SK540 is that worked correctly with the wizard? Did you buy it with firmware v4.05 installed? The way that the setup is stored internally in the gyro changed between v4.00 and previous versions of the firmware. There was a bug in the routine that upgraded old format setup data to the new format setup data when v4.00 was first released. v4.05 was supposed to fix that but maybe there's still a latent bug on gyros that were upgraded from a previous version of the firmware?

What happens if you reset your SK540 that doesn't work with the tail setup wizard to factory defaults and then re-enter your setup parameters? (You can reset the gyro to factory defaults by inserting a bind plug between the top row of pins at EX-LED and IO-B and then connecting it to USB.) Does it work with the wizard then?
SpeedTape is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2015, 01:14 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Maybe it simply the confusion over the nomenclature in the wizard.
Actually ran into this last night.

L and R refer to the helicopters nose direction not the direction in which you move the sticks. There is fine print in the wizard instructions.
I think the confusion comes from previous steps always asking for stick movement.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:20 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpelletier View Post
Maybe it simply the confusion over the nomenclature in the wizard.
Actually ran into this last night.

L and R refer to the helicopters nose direction not the direction in which you move the sticks. There is fine print in the wizard instructions.
I think the confusion comes from previous steps always asking for stick movement.
Stick direction and nose direction are the same thing. Right rudder means the nose moves right, and so on
Old 04-09-2015, 10:37 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post
Stick direction and nose direction are the same thing. Right rudder means the nose moves right, and so on
Of course you're right. Must of been a lot later than I thought when I was doing it.
And I was working on my Furion 6 which has then tail blades on the opposite side of the boom compared to my other stuff.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:12 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedTape View Post
The tail setup wizard works properly on both my SK720 and SK540, and your experience supports the observation that there's no clear trend. It works properly for some people and not for others.

I am curious what the history of your SK540 is that worked correctly with the wizard? Did you buy it with firmware v4.05 installed? The way that the setup is stored internally in the gyro changed between v4.00 and previous versions of the firmware. There was a bug in the routine that upgraded old format setup data to the new format setup data when v4.00 was first released. v4.05 was supposed to fix that but maybe there's still a latent bug on gyros that were upgraded from a previous version of the firmware?

What happens if you reset your SK540 that doesn't work with the tail setup wizard to factory defaults and then re-enter your setup parameters? (You can reset the gyro to factory defaults by inserting a bind plug between the top row of pins at EX-LED and IO-B and then connecting it to USB.) Does it work with the wizard then?
Good question, I've gotten all my sk540's used from other freaks here, and all have had 4.05 on them to begin with. Either way as I said before, I've had the issue on one and the other worked just fine. It's a bug, and obviously other's have had the same issue. Manual setup for those that have probs and all is well. Hopefully they can figure out the problem in the next revision so nobody has the issue anymore.
Old 04-10-2015, 12:24 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdubl007 View Post
Either way as I said before, I've had the issue on one and the other worked just fine. It's a bug, and obviously other's have had the same issue.
Right, but it would be useful troubleshooting information to figure out why it happens. You said that you have two identical helis, one that triggers the servo reversed message and one that doesn't. Presumably your setup in your Tx is also identical for both machines. That may be key to finding the source of the bug. If you can get the false warning to go away after resetting the SK540 to factory defaults then we've got a smoking gun.
SpeedTape is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2015, 04:24 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default 4.05 Tail still reversed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedTape View Post
Right, but it would be useful troubleshooting information to figure out why it happens. You said that you have two identical helis, one that triggers the servo reversed message and one that doesn't. Presumably your setup in your Tx is also identical for both machines. That may be key to finding the source of the bug. If you can get the false warning to go away after resetting the SK540 to factory defaults then we've got a smoking gun.

My money is only the rudder channel is not reversed in the Tx
Argypak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in