Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 08:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location
Default Futaba 10C Radio Setup Videos

OK..... This video series is dedicated to the Helifreak users that wanted it to happen! They went out on their own and got donations to get the radio funded for a video series. GrandRC stepped up and gave a good price to those that donated and spent their money so I could bring this video series to you all.

Special thanks to:
J Anderson, who put the idea together, made it happen, and donated.
Davor, who donated his own coin
Gutaaaooo, who donated his own coin
CC RIDER, who donated his own coin
GrandRC.com for giving these guys a DEAL on the radio

Guys.... seriously.... I am HONORED that you would all do this just to have me do a video. That is awesome of you all!
I will put a lot of heart and soul into this series so that others with a 10C (or 9C for that matter) will benefit!

OK so lets get on with the show!

First up. Whats in the box and some general babbling from me about this radio. Guys! Based on JKOS numbers this is one of the FASTEST radios out there today!

Video Link ->What's in the box and 10C intro (43 Megs)

Video Link ->Radio Overview and Stick Adjustments (38 Megs)

Video Link ->Menu System Navigation (26 Megs)

Video Link ->Power up / Special Menus (40 Megs)

Spent some time on these 2 menus. Model Select and the Parameter Menu as there are things in the Parameter menu that are global to ALL models and things that are specific to each model. Sometimes changing a model requires you to power off so I explain why.
Video Link ->Model Select and Parameter Menus (90 Megs)

OK sorry for the delays! Real job comes first

Next up is the basic menu series. I have left a few items out (Curves and Fail Safe) that need thier own video to discuss so stay tuned for those.
Video Link ->Basic Menus - Screen 1 of 2. (69 Megs)

Video Link ->Basic Menus - Screen 2 of 2 Part 1.(58 Megs)

Video Link ->Basic Menus - Screen 2 of 2 Part 2.(39 Megs)

OK next up is the run through of the Advanced menus. After reviewing them my friend said I am talking too fast. I tended to agree... Sorry about that and I will try to slow down a little ont he next segments.
Video Link ->Advanced Menus Page 1 (76 Megs)

Video Link ->Advanced Menus Page 2 (45 Megs)

Video Link ->Fail Safe Menu (50 Megs)

Video Link ->The Condition menu and enabling conditions (38 Megs)

Video Link ->Overview of the Curve Menus (36 Megs)

Video Link ->Using the curve menus and setting up curves (72 Megs)

Ooops I forgot 2 vids.... Gyro menu and stick timer. So here they are!

Video Link ->Using the Gyro Menu (37 Megs)

Video Link ->Setting up a nice working throttle stick timer (30 Megs)

OK folks! You wanted a build video using the Futaba 10C.... Here is the link to it... Built and setup the Knight 3D using the 10C. Several videos here show how too's.
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=132622

Also per request here is a Throttle CUT switch video
Video Link ->Setting up a Throttle CUT switch on the 10C (23 Megs)

Bob

Last edited by Skiddz; 11-10-2019 at 01:02 PM.. Reason: "Fixed" video links
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2009, 08:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

I have no interest in the radio but i feel i have to watch it just due to the effort involved in making this all happen. I have to say way to go Anderson, rather than just complain he got involved and got the job done.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Capi.... doing some on the bench tests just "generically".... This freakin radio is FAST man. Futaba lost a lot of market share with the Spektrum thing but HOLY COW... I gotta say so far I am FREAKIN impressed! AND it's got features I have missed when I left Futaba and went to JR like throttle cut, and other stuff like a GYRO menu that works properly!

Don't discount this radio even if your not interested.... Futaba is BACK with this one in my opinion...

Bob
Old 01-01-2009, 09:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Bob i have been using a xp9303 and will be forced to go 2.4GHz as i plan to club fly and go to events starting this year. But i have come the realization that i do not need a "nice" radio. All I need is CCPM mixing (i dont even need flight modes). I have seen some latency charts and such business but never paid that much attention to them as there is always the absence of the test procedure. I would be interested to run some of the 2.4GHz throught our test lab here at school. Looks like a nice radio so i won't go into my rant about Futuba's proprietary 2.4GHz marketing

P.S. I never understood that "I'm a Futuba/JR guy", i'd buy anything that works well even if Wayne made it
Old 01-01-2009, 09:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFG View Post
Bob i have been using a xp9303 and will be forced to go 2.4GHz as i plan to club fly and go to events starting this year. But i have come the realization that i do not need a "nice" radio. All I need is CCPM mixing (i dont even need flight modes). I have seen some latency charts and such business but never paid that much attention to them as there is always the absence of the test procedure. I would be interested to run some of the 2.4GHz throught our test lab here at school. Looks like a nice radio so i won't go into my rant about Futuba's proprietary 2.4GHz marketing

P.S. I never understood that "I'm a Futuba/JR guy", i'd buy anything that works well even if Wayne made it
Fly nitro's and you will know what your missing in needing more than just CCPM.... There is another world out there

Bob
Old 01-01-2009, 09:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

I suspect you are correct that's why i'm waiting for these guys (insert shameless sponsor plug here) to finish up their prototype
Old 01-02-2009, 05:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wink

Bob did you also feel a very large responce increase on the 10C over the DSX9?
I was very supriced how much more conected i am on this 10C versus my DSM2 JR DSX9.
silverbullet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2009, 05:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello Bob

I'am glad that you make this video about the 10C.I fly now 3 years with the 9C but beause of the latency on mine Trex 600 I realy consider to by this one.

The only thing what i'am afraid for is that they make the 10C a little bit different.The shape of it and stick postion is a little changed.Maybe you can mention about how the transmitter feels in your hands.

Last edited by davy; 01-03-2009 at 04:16 AM..
davy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2009, 07:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up Here comes an another great video series from our beloved Bob!

Dear Bob,

I would like to extend my appreciation and thanks especially to J Anderson, Davor, Gutaaaooo, CC RIDER, GrandRC and all others who have made this video series happen.

Thank you J Anderson once again, you have finally done it! Please add me in your Fan's list [], Hat's off to you!

Thank you Bob! We are waiting, please publish more videos as soon as possible.

New Year Wishes to all of the Helifreaks!
Old 01-02-2009, 08:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello,

I wish all HeliFreak users Happy New Year.

Big gratitude to you Bob for your effort to throw out this first video,and keep going with good work.And also Big respect to J Anderson,Gutaaaooo and CC RIDER who participated to make this and other 10c videos happen.

Thanks from Davor
Davor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2009, 12:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have kind of a stupid question and that is I have 6 models with spektrum receivers and was wondering if I went with this radio if I could get a module that would allow me to use those receivers ?
Old 01-02-2009, 12:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Maybe actually... The Spectrum module for the 9C should work but you only get 9 channels. However Futaba manual says NO to 3rd party modules so that may be an issue with warranty I don.t know.. They say that with all their radios though...

Hmmmmm I wonder what the speed would be on a 10C with a Spektrum module! Might be a good way to get best of both worlds and not make me buy a bunch or FAAST rx's. Maybe later I will test this.

Bob
Old 01-02-2009, 12:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
Maybe actually... The Spectrum module for the 9C should work but you only get 9 channels. However Futaba manual says NO to 3rd party modules so that may be an issue with warranty I don.t know.. They say that with all their radios though...

Hmmmmm I wonder what the speed would be on a 10C with a Spektrum module! Might be a good way to get best of both worlds and not make me buy a bunch or FAAST rx's. Maybe later I will test this.

Bob
That was exactly my thought!! Thanks Bob
Old 01-02-2009, 04:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
NERD

First I want to say this post is not intended in any way to be a Futaba vs whoever battle, just to note how nice the 10C really is....

RCHeli magazine did a latency test on the 10C in the November 2008 issue, and then one on the new JR 12X in December.

The average latency for the 10C using the R6014FS reciever was 18.0 mSec, worst average for PCM1024 reciever was 28.0 mSec.

The JR 12X average using DSM2 was 32.0 mSec, and the worst average with a A6000 reciever was 48.0 mSec.

I don't know how it would stack up against the 12FG or 14MZ because I don't have any data for it.

It should also be noted that with the R6014FS the 10C has the same 2048 res of the big dogs.

I can hear the question being asked in a meeting at Futaba..."who the %$$@! designed the 10C to be faster than our top model?"...LOL..... Kind of like when the engineers at GMC made the 1991 Syclone truck as fast as a 1991 Corvette, and not just any Corvette....the top of the line ZR-1......oooopppssieee....

It's either that, or Futaba's next 14MZ is going to drop a bomb on the R/C radio world.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:14 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFG View Post

i'd buy anything that works well even if Wayne made it
Old 01-03-2009, 08:44 AM   #16 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Four more videos posted! Link are int he first post but here is what got posted for easy access.

Video Link ->Radio Overview and Stick Adjustments (38 Megs)

Video Link ->Menu System Navigation (26 Megs)

Video Link ->Power up / Special Menus (40 Megs)

Spent some time on these 2 menus. Model Select and the Parameter Menu as there are things in the Parameter menu that are global to ALL models and things that are specific to each model. Sometimes changing a model requires you to power off so I explain why.
Video Link ->Model Select and Parameter Menus (90 Megs)

More coming!
Old 01-03-2009, 12:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Thumbs up

Hey Bob, I have to dedicate all my builds and skill to you, before i saw your videos I had put together 2 raptors and thought I was the bomb cause I used a pachymeter to have the "right" link sizes to the manual and ball sizing toll (witch I did not even use right). Now I know some real stuff from you. I love my 10c, and hope you enjoy it too.

Tks again Bob, i still owe you.
T-Rex 600 LE - KDE everything, waiting on RL53
Raptor 50 eCCPM 140- QuickUk everything - G7703D/S9254 - S9252s - RedLine53
Gutaaaooo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2009, 04:54 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello there I was thinking on buy this radio sicne I have already spektrum I write down to futaba to see if this radio is compatible to spektrum reciever they said no. So I belived that unless you use a spektrum module for futaba 9z o 14mz I dont know if it going to work.
D
Old 01-03-2009, 05:51 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrumer View Post
I have kind of a stupid question and that is I have 6 models with spektrum receivers and was wondering if I went with this radio if I could get a module that would allow me to use those receivers ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post

Bob

I used Specktrum DSM2 module in my 10C had no problems. I now have FG12 which now has Specky MX module no problems (theres a guy on 'the bay' while very slow to ship module (free btw to UK!) hands down cheaper than anywhere i've seen. Even when i got hammered for import duty+Royal Mail charges)

I wouldn't comment on speed of module...my level of flying wouldn't notice Maybe i could ask a friend to compare his 450v2 spectrum setup with mine.
SadSack is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2009, 06:01 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi!
There should be a MZ compatible Spektrum module. MZ fits 12z and 14MZ -> http://www.spektrumrc.com/DSM/FAQ.aspx

There's no digital module compatible to T10 by now, but the one for 9c should work too. As you could see there -> http://2.4gigahertz.com/modules/modules-receivers.html the Fasst TM-7 and TM-8 modul (for 9c, 9z...) works in a 10c. The 10c shares the modules with the older radios! Of course you'll loose speed because of the digital - analog conversion.
Here are the Links to the modules:
Futaba 9c (...) compatible -> http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...odID=SPMMSFUT9
Futaba MZ compatible -> http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...rodID=SPMMSMZ9
-klaus

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in