Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Phoenix Flight Sim

Phoenix Flight Sim Phoenix Flight Sim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 01:33 PM   #181 (permalink)
HF Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Yeah, that nut on the sticks seems to be the source of a lot of issues I have in the hobby.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 04:23 PM   #182 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Got a question?

I havce Phoenix 4... Are the models this touchy in real life. I cant even get the 130x in a hover and some other models like the scale models want to turn on me. I'm using very minimal cyclic movements, like flying a real helicopter, making a small circle and this thing is hovering in about a 10 foot circle. Not ideal. Any input to my question would be helpful. I could just be a terrible pilot. The only helicopter I have yet to hover properly are the mCPX and some 700 size model, which I really enjoy. haha

Thanks
J-Bone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 05:01 PM   #183 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Bone View Post
I havce Phoenix 4... Are the models this touchy in real life. I cant even get the 130x in a hover and some other models like the scale models want to turn on me. I'm using very minimal cyclic movements, like flying a real helicopter, making a small circle and this thing is hovering in about a 10 foot circle. Not ideal. Any input to my question would be helpful. I could just be a terrible pilot. The only helicopter I have yet to hover properly are the mCPX and some 700 size model, which I really enjoy. haha

Thanks
With the default parameters, I think the models are a little too twitchy, but not by a whole lot. Hovering an RC heli has been compared to balancing a bowling ball on top of another bowling ball. With practice, you learn to anticipate where the heli is going to move and make corrections before it gets moving very fast in that direction. You'll also learn to make more subtle corrections and not over-correct.
Graupner MZ-32

Old 01-02-2013, 05:08 PM   #184 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:32 AM   #185 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was having trouble hovering when I first got Phoenix. I could hover my real 450 but not the sim model. I took a couple of the lessons from CaptJac and since the have made huge increases in skill set and confidence.

As for the scale machines turnin' on you, check the Gyro setting and change it from Rate mode to HEading Hold mode. That should fix your problem there.

I found the Trex 500 in sport mode the best machine to learn on. The 130x is a twitchy little bas$&@) for me and I really have to concentrate hard to just move it around a little bit. I have better luck with the Goblin than I do with the 130x.

RWW
whitehedr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 05:32 PM   #186 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome! This worked. Thanks again. I've been practicing for two days straight, nothing better to do before the semester starts. haha
Old 01-07-2013, 05:18 PM   #187 (permalink)
Registered Users

OMG made the adjustments recomended and my bird has never flown so good I can hover on the spot without working the sticks like a mad man and the physics are maxed to 100%

Thanks
lastofthefew is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 02:57 PM   #188 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Pheonix sim with DX6i

Hello what should my settings be on the DX6i when I connect it to the pheonix simulator? I do get that i had to make a different profile on my DX6i but what should my dr/expos, throttle curve, pitch? etc... I just can't get the MCPx sim to fly right..
Yeah I am a noob at this.. thanks for any help
newbrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 04:58 PM   #189 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Pheonix sim with DX6i

I also calibrated my DX6i with the Pheonix sim then what settings should i add on the setting in the simulator section?
newbrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 12:23 PM   #190 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's an odd one. I have Phoenix set up here at work on my laptop, and also at home. Installed from the same disc, did the upgrade on install, yada yada.

My JR 9303 shows up as a transmitter pick at home - not here?
Old 02-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #191 (permalink)
Registered Users

Newbrc: For calibration, make sure swash type is one servo 90* normal, both sticks are centered (throttle stick too), all expo are zero and all dual rates are 100. Both throttle and pitch curve should be linear 0-100 and any 3 way switch should be in the middle position.

Old Fart: In the Phoenix program folder, there is a file called
phoenixUSBdisplay.exe

Run it and see if the bars there move when you wiggle the sticks.

If you have more than one USB port on that laptop, try using another port.
If it ain't flyin, it's a downer,
LN400 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2013, 10:52 AM   #192 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks. I went back and checked on this machine (home) evidently I created the JR 9303 as a Custom profile. Don't remember it - but I am getting old....
Old 02-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #193 (permalink)
Registered Users

good to hear it got sorted! As for memory, I was about to say something but I can't remember what it was! Yeah been there done that
If it ain't flyin, it's a downer,
LN400 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2013, 11:28 AM   #194 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep. Turning 55 on Monday, bought myself a 500E for a present. Outsmarted myself by sending it to work. Was delivered Friday at 0930 - but I forgot that it has to wind it's way through the LAX mail system
Old 03-07-2013, 12:49 AM   #195 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been through this entire thread I can't seem to get TH and IU switches to work on my DX8. I know I'm missing something.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:17 AM   #196 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Phoenix Setup FAQ

Did you set your throttle curve etc in the model for the sim?

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-07-2013, 09:39 AM   #197 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger1973 View Post
Did you set your throttle curve etc in the model for the sim?

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
Yep did that.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #198 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Did you make sure Throttle Hold is enabled in the transmitter? I know on my DX7 and X9303 that it's disabled by default when creating a new model.

As for IU, you have to make sure the model in the sim is not using the built-in curves and that the channel response in the transmitter setup in the sim is linear for throttle. Also, you have to make sure that the sim's IU is OFF; disable it in the sim's transmitter setup to be sure.
Graupner MZ-32

Old 03-07-2013, 09:59 PM   #199 (permalink)
Registered Users

Phoenix 4.0 arrived today as well as my new Hitec Aurora 9. Got the software installed on my laptop, updated direct x etc. Ran the install wizard everything went fine, opened up the sim plugged in the usb adapter device driver was installed correctly, I then proceeded to go through the radio switched to helicopter mode, set up the swash to single servo and named the model phoenix. Plugged in the adapter to the training jack, powered up the radio and went to try and calibrate it for the sim and it keeps telling me no transmitter is detected or something along those lines. This has me scratching my head as I can't seem to figure it out, I believe everything is in neutral and all trims are centered but I have nothing. I have the battery fully charged, should the training feature be enabled or disabled as currently it is disabled but I switched it back and forth and that didn't seem to make any difference either, it acts as thought he transmitter isn't even there although it states that the supplied cable works for the Aurora 9 and doesn't need an adapter? Any help is appreciated, thanks...Q
BigQ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #200 (permalink)
Registered Users

Helpful link for Hitec users Hitec Aurora 9 - Simulator Interface Function Set-up
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=mengel%40home%2enl& lc=US&item_name=Schemes%20by%20Puzom&no_note=0&cur rency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_ LG%2egif%3aNonHostedGuest
puzom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in