Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics

Futaba Radios and Electronics Futaba Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2013, 04:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 14SG Question

Please only answer this if you KNOW the answer.

What are the complete differences between the 14SGA and 14SGH? The manual does not state them at all as far as I can tell. Tower's page just says the default model is all that is different.

I know what the traditional differences between Futaba A and H versions are. Here is an example from the 7c manual:
  • 7CA transmitter features airplane friendly switch layout, with the trainer switch at the left hand, and a notched throttle to minimize throttle changes with rudder input. Defaults to ACRO MODEL TYPE.
  • 7CH transmitter features helicopter-friendly switch layout, with idle-up switch at the left hand, and a smooth, ratchet-less (unsprung) throttle for perfect hovering. Defaults to H-1 MODEL TYPE.
The default model-type doesn't matter to me, and the ratchet is easy to change I think, but the switch positions do matter to me.
Cincinnatus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2013, 05:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Switch position is the same on both, spring loaded on the top/back left side of the radio (your right when looking at the radio), the only difference is the soft throttle for helis. That is it!

Doug
dvelez3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Doug: Cool. Thanks a lot. Do you know if the ratchet is easy to remove on the A, or if the H version includes it in the box? I don't guess I will ever need it, but when I eventually sell it it might be nice to have.

I'm glad they are wising up (imho) on a lot of things. Having the A and H versions with different switches was a negative to me so I'm glad they "fixed" that, but they could just go all the way and eliminate all differences and sell ONE radio (duh). Having only expensive rx's was a negative, but now they have the FHSS ones.

I wish they had something with the ext batt port for less than $139, though. I don't really care at this time about any other telemetry features, although I might eventually.

Really, on the ratchet, everyone ought to do something like what Tactic did on the cheap little TTX650. There are 2 positions for the ratchet (which itself is just a slim piece of metal with a V bent in it like for a tooth). In one position the V will hit the teeth on the roller and ratchet. I the other position the V just causes tension on a smooth part of the roller. That way you have always got the ratchet right there handy if you want to change. (I dunno, maybe everyone's is like that. That is the only one I have fooled with.)
Cincinnatus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Only difference is that pesky ratchet – not ever sure why they still make them that way. I link a smooth throttle for airplanes also so I always buy helicopter radios.

RC Mike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in