Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2014, 08:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Lynx frame can you change all servos w/o removing frame?

so my father just got a 300x but its not a 300x cause it has every MH carbon everything on it, frame,boom,blades, gear, owb, everything.. I want to know can the servos be changed out of the lynx frame w/o removing half the heli cause it seems with the MH frame you have to remove both tail boom supports and the pully and other things pain in the butt worst design i have ever seen for rear servos

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2014, 09:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

On the lynx frame you can remove all servos without removing anything but servos if Fbl unit is on bottom tray.

Radiomaster t16s
zachheliman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2014, 09:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachheliman View Post
On the lynx frame you can remove all servos without removing anything but servos if Fbl unit is on bottom tray.
Oh, the FBL unit in the way for rear servo? That would be no biggie. to remove that as long don't have to tear apart the frame
Thanks for the info

Old 06-28-2014, 09:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, mines mounted on the top plate on the Lynx frame, and all you have to do is take out 4 easy to get to bolts, drop the boom down and you're in to the 2 rear servos. I do love the ease of work ability of this frame.
terryv83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2014, 11:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryv83 View Post
Yeah, mines mounted on the top plate on the Lynx frame, and all you have to do is take out 4 easy to get to bolts, drop the boom down and you're in to the 2 rear servos. I do love the ease of work ability of this frame.
Oh, so you do have to move the boom even on the lynx frame. Oh boy why don't anyone make a frame that is easy to replace the servos.. lot people dont wanna keep the stock servos

Old 06-29-2014, 12:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
The Airetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoweredrc View Post
Oh, so you do have to move the boom even on the lynx frame. Oh boy why don't anyone make a frame that is easy to replace the servos.. lot people dont wanna keep the stock servos
The aftermarket frames are set up to be most efficient in flight, not in repair. This is not an issue for many because:

A) most people who are switching to a CF frame probably already changed to servos that don't strip in every crash, which is a much more effective mod for 95% of pilots anyway.

B) a lot of people who are adding a $100 frame to a $250 helicopter are past the "regularly crashing phase" anyway, and don't need servo access all that often.
Old 06-29-2014, 02:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yeah, moved but not removed. But like KX said everyone that has upgraded to the Lynx frame either doesn't crash a lot anymore and most have installed MG servos, so they don't strip in flight or on slightly rough landings or in the Eflite servo case when you look at the heli while thinking about flying
terryv83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2014, 12:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloXray View Post
The aftermarket frames are set up to be most efficient in flight, not in repair. This is not an issue for many because:

A) most people who are switching to a CF frame probably already changed to servos that don't strip in every crash, which is a much more effective mod for 95% of pilots anyway.

B) a lot of people who are adding a $100 frame to a $250 helicopter are past the "regularly crashing phase" anyway, and don't need servo access all that often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryv83 View Post
Yeah, moved but not removed. But like KX said everyone that has upgraded to the Lynx frame either doesn't crash a lot anymore and most have installed MG servos, so they don't strip in flight or on slightly rough landings or in the Eflite servo case when you look at the heli while thinking about flying
I agree with both of you but this guy built the heli and used stock servos and never flew the heli... So now my father got it and wants to put 5055 in and looks to be a weekend project to change out 3 servos the design sucks me and my father ( who was a machinist all his life) both figured out much better way they could have done it in about 5 minutes, Seems they wanted to make it not serviceable

I guess the new CFX frame is best cause from looking at pics looks like you can change servos w/o removing anything else, like it should be able to be done.

Thanks for the info.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
The Airetic

It also costs about $130.

The Lynx frame is not a weekend job at all, and I suspect the MH is similar. I switched from a stock frame to the Lynx CF, including all electronics and setup time, in a little under 3 hours.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
It also costs about $130.

The Lynx frame is not a weekend job at all, and I suspect the MH is similar. I switched from a stock frame to the Lynx CF, including all electronics and setup time, in a little under 3 hours.
Well far as i know the CFX fame is not even available yet, and I'm getting a stock 300X heli, but im going to add the Lynx Stiffner to it, but down the road I might want a new frame and be nice have one that easy to work on. and While i can change a whole tail case on a 450 in about 5 minute it takes my 69 yr old father 30 minutes to take the old one off, that why I said its a weekend job.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Well far as i know the CFX fame is not even available yet, and I'm getting a stock 300X heli, but im going to add the Lynx Stiffner to it, but down the road I might want a new frame and be nice have one that easy to work on. and While i can change a whole tail case on a 450 in about 5 minute it takes my 69 yr old father 30 minutes to take the old one off, that why I said its a weekend job.
They sell the frame now just not motor mount everything else you can buy.p.s. rcdepothobbies has them in stock.
vronny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2014, 01:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
The Airetic

Quote:
Well far as i know the CFX fame is not even available yet, and I'm getting a stock 300X heli, but im going to add the Lynx Stiffner to it, .
Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
They sell the frame now just not motor mount everything else you can buy.p.s. rcdepothobbies has them in stock.
AFAIK nobody sells a complete 300CFX frame. They sell the frame pieces, albeit, all of the pieces.

If you bought all of the pieces it will cost well over $100 to "upgrade" a standard 300x to a CFX frame.
Old 06-29-2014, 02:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
AFAIK nobody sells a complete 300CFX frame. They sell the frame pieces, albeit, all of the pieces.

If you bought all of the pieces it will cost well over $100 to "upgrade" a standard 300x to a CFX frame.
It will probably be close to that price knowing them Even the CFX frame u will need to remove BX to get to back servo ask me how I know.
vronny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2014, 03:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
It will probably be close to that price knowing them Even the CFX frame u will need to remove BX to get to back servo ask me how I know.
Removing the BX is No biggie. taking a frame apart is. Thanks everyone and i know the new CFX frame will be expensive

Old 06-29-2014, 04:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't mean to sound like an idiot, but why would you need to drop the boom in order to replace the rear cyclic servos on the Lynx frames? I have two Lynx framed 300Xs, and although dropping the boom would make wire routing easier when you replace your servos, it's hardly necessary.

Uriah is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2014, 04:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
The Airetic

Good question.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:11 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
I don't mean to sound like an idiot, but why would you need to drop the boom in order to replace the rear cyclic servos on the Lynx frames? I have two Lynx framed 300Xs, and although dropping the boom would make wire routing easier when you replace your servos, it's hardly necessary.
I do not know that is why I was asking, cause on the MH frame you do.... Lynx frame layout looks better then the MH but maybe not. from what others have said

Old 06-30-2014, 01:17 PM   #18 (permalink)
Closed Account

Quote:
The stock frame is pretty easy to get at the servos for replacement. If you have your FBL top mounted on the Lynx frame then you have to remove the tail section to get at the servos. It is a little annoying but if you don't crash a lot its not that bad. If you are still crashing then the stock frame and lynx frame brace is probably a better option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
It depends on where you have your FBL controller mounted. On mine top mount was the only option even then it was a tight fit. If its top mounted then getting at the lower servo screws is next to impossible. You could remove the FBL controller double sticky tape but its easier just to remove the boom IMO.
xokia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2014, 06:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, We finally decided to switch out the Servos in the MH frame. I pulled out the main shaft along with head and blades still on. swash and all one time.
then took the bottom main gear block loose to get the main gear out.
took all 4 boom mount screws out took the boom support rods loose and pulled the whole boom out.

Then removed the tail belt roller guide

then took out the servos
I=only took me 20 minutes to get all this out and all 3 servos out... Took a lil longer to put the HS5055's in, had to make the mounting holes a lil bigger to go on the frame.. but about a hour had all back together, taking our times no rush.. then we did the AR7200 set up for new servos, he went out and hovered it so all seems good now. I know feel lot better flying wit hitec servos in it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in