Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Phoenix Flight Sim

Phoenix Flight Sim Phoenix Flight Sim

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2015, 07:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Suspended User

Default Wireless simming with Phoenix 5.0. Anyone?

Anyone simming wirelessly with Phoenix 5.0? I just got the Hobbyking 9-in-1 unit hooked up to a DSMX 7ch RX and bound it to my DX8. Got the TX set up fine and flying around is great. The only problem is the sim will not auto reset after a crash as it normally does. I have to physically disconnect the sim USB cable and plug it back in. Obviously, this is annoying as it kind of defeats the wireless part as I have to drag my butt up off the couch and go over to the laptop hooked up to the big screen. Well, unless you never crash, but who never crashes in the sim?

Anyways, for those with this type of setup, have you run into this issue with not resetting after a crash. If so, did you discover a fix or do you just live with it?

* DISCLAIMER *

Before anyone goes off and gets in a tizzy about bypassing the Phoenix cable/copyright protection, the Hobbyking unit does NOT do away with the Phoenix cable. You still need it as it plugs into the computer and the headphone type jack plugs into it instead of the back of the TX. I saw another thread where a mod closed it down citing "no bypassing copyright stuff" because he apparently didn't understand how the Hobbyking unit works. You hook up an RX to it via servo cables and bind the RX with the TX. The signals go from the TX to the RX wirelessly and then (hardwired) to the Hobbyking unit where it does whatever it does. Then the signals go through the factory Phoenix cable to the computer.
WedgeD is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2015, 08:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Could you not setup your TX so you have to flick TH to reset? That could be one way around the auto-rest issue.

I have not heard about the HK dongle, i have only heard about Sim Stick

Toocool4 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2015, 08:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Suspended User
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toocool4 View Post
Could you not setup your TX so you have to flick TH to reset? That could be one way around the auto-rest issue.
I already have TH set up. It shouldn't matter, though. The sim sees a crash and it should auto-reset, same as always. It's a software function in the program itself.
Old 08-12-2015, 04:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Suspended User
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Got it figured out.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in