Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Blade Multirotor Support > nano QX

nano QX Blade nano QX Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2013, 02:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Available in the UK?

Does anyone know when these will be shipping in the UK?
Cheers
toys2cars2toys is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2013, 05:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by toys2cars2toys View Post
Does anyone know when these will be shipping in the UK?
Cheers

Not sure, but any time soon I'd think!!

http://www.hurricanemodels.co.uk/eng...de+Nano+QX+bnf

Cheers!!
Old 06-25-2013, 03:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracle Boy View Post
Not sure, but any time soon I'd think!!

http://www.hurricanemodels.co.uk/eng...de+Nano+QX+bnf

Cheers!!
Isn't the wait part of the fun
Old 06-25-2013, 04:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Isn't the wait part of the fun
No. What the hell are you thinking? Immediate gratification, that's what it's all about! Or at least that's how we do things in 'MURICA!
Old 06-27-2013, 10:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Now showing as in stock - order placed
Old 06-27-2013, 10:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

jcmo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2013, 10:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Now showing as in stock - order placed
Cool!!, I'd be interested to hear what you think about it?

I've never bought a quad before, I was tempted by the mQX, but my only real concern with these things is that IMO it looks like it would be hard to tell what direction it's pointing in, and would be easy to loose orientation with. I realize most quads now come with different coloured rotor blades to help with that issue, but still.........

It might be the ideal thing for a mate of mine who is learning to fly heli's though, if he can see it o.k., it should make a good orientation trainer.

Please report back and give us your opinion about it.

Cheers!!!
Old 06-28-2013, 10:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatRider View Post
No. What the hell are you thinking? Immediate gratification, that's what it's all about! Or at least that's how we do things in 'MURICA!
LOL!!
Old 06-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

In my opinion, this is the most newbie friendly orientation trainer I have ever seen. Once he demonstrates proficiency with agility mode, I will not hesitate to put my 8 year old at the sticks of my mcpx.
jcmo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2013, 12:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Cool!!, I'd be interested to hear what you think about it?

I've never bought a quad before, I was tempted by the mQX, but my only real concern with these things is that IMO it looks like it would be hard to tell what direction it's pointing in, and would be easy to loose orientation with. I realize most quads now come with different coloured rotor blades to help with that issue, but still.........

It might be the ideal thing for a mate of mine who is learning to fly heli's though, if he can see it o.k., it should make a good orientation trainer.

Please report back and give us your opinion about it.

Cheers!!!
I'll let you know what I think when I get it

Where is Scottyland are you? I sometimes have to venture North with my work - I wonder where my passport is!
Old 06-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I'll let you know what I think when I get it

Where is Scottyland are you? I sometimes have to venture North with my work - I wonder where my passport is!
LOL!! I'm in Hamiton, junction 6 just off the M74, about 11 miles south of Glasgow.

It would be nice to meet a follow HF member. I have one friend that's learning to fly Heli's, but he's the only one I know in person that's into RC heli's

I used to be a member of the Lanark Aero Modelers Club many years ago when I was a kid. I was into control line plank flying then. LOL!!
Old 06-28-2013, 05:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
LOL!! I'm in Hamiton, junction 6 just off the M74, about 11 miles south of Glasgow.

It would be nice to meet a follow HF member. I have one friend that's learning to fly Heli's, but he's the only one I know in person that's into RC heli's

I used to be a member of the Lanark Aero Modelers Club many years ago when I was a kid. I was into control line plank flying then. LOL!!
Cool, I'll have to get in touch next time I'm passing, I was in Bellshill only this week
Old 06-28-2013, 06:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, cool, please do. Bellshill is less than 10 mins from here by car.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:37 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It's here

Just got to pop out though before I can try it
Old 06-29-2013, 07:07 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just flown my New QX WOW What a blast!!! Great fun, Think Blade have a winner with this one!
JHTPPX is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2013, 06:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well my verdict after about 20 batteries is that it's a hit

Out of the box one of the blades was a little high, just needed pushing down and one of the motor plugs wasn't clicked in properly

So far I'm flying in Stab mode, with 125% end points and 125% rates, still getting used to Agil mode

In all, nice and quiet, surprisingly similar in flight to a CP heli (within reason)

I've been into RC for over 30 years, I just keep thinking that this is exactly what I always wanted when I was a kid
Old 07-02-2013, 06:53 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Well my verdict after about 20 batteries is that it's a hit

Out of the box one of the blades was a little high, just needed pushing down and one of the motor plugs wasn't clicked in properly

So far I'm flying in Stab mode, with 125% end points and 125% rates, still getting used to Agil mode

In all, nice and quiet, surprisingly similar in flight to a CP heli (within reason)

I've been into RC for over 30 years, I just keep thinking that this is exactly what I always wanted when I was a kid
Cool!!, I guess it's rather agile in agility mode then LOL!!

I don't know if you have any other quads and are used to how they look in the air, but are you finding it easy to not loose orientation with it? This is my worry with these things, after all, they don't look that different from the front or the back. Do the coloured blades really help with that?

Cheers!!
Old 07-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Cool!!, I guess it's rather agile in agility mode then LOL!!

I don't know if you have any other quads and are used to how they look in the air, but are you finding it easy to not loose orientation with it? This is my worry with these things, after all, they don't look that different from the front or the back. Do the coloured blades really help with that?

Cheers!!
It's my first quad, if I'm paying attention, it's fairly easy to keep orientation, though when it goes into silhouette, there's really no cues other than remembering it's orientation or which direction it's flying. I don't find my reactions quite as automatic as they are with heli's, I think that this is because it's not so obvious which way around it is

I think that this is a good thing though, anything that challenges your skills must help

Yes agility mode is very agile, you need a reasonable amount of travel/endpoints/rates (what do you call it on a quad?) in order to flip/roll. Expo is my friend right now

Stab mode with endpoints turned up is a lot of fun, fast banking circuits and figure eights are great
Old 07-03-2013, 03:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Never been tempted with a Quad before this Nano QX was released and it's amazing fun!
The only problem i am finding now is the usual Blade No Parts in Stock on a new model issue.
I was getting carried away in Agility mode in the back garden, tried a flip, ended in disaster inverted on the patio... Ouch!
Now i have one motor sounding rough and it doesn't fly smoothly any more and i can't find any parts in the UK at all, ANYWHERE!
Anyone know if anyone in the UK has any parts in stock? I need to fly it more....
DX8
Dogcow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2013, 04:16 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It probably isn't the motor, it's more likely a bent prop. Try straightening it, if that doesn't work pop a new one on.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in